Haven't seen prices this low in years

yankee99

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't fly anywhere right now. You never know where your fellow passengers have been (Africa). I'll stick to my motorcycle for travel for a while.biggrin.png

Sneezes travel at about 100 miles per hour," says Patti Wood, author of Success Signals: Understanding Body Language. She adds that a single sneeze can send 100,000 germs into the air.

post-187908-0-26009400-1413124388_thumb.

Edited by thailiketoo

"This signals a serious fall off in travel to Thailand IMHO"

Let's hope so.

Why ?

Why?

Because mass tourism is a disaster for any country.

That's why.

I think you want me to ask for your explanation of the above....so, why would it be a disaster for Thailand ?

I wouldn't fly anywhere right now. You never know where your fellow passengers have been (Africa). I'll stick to my motorcycle for travel for a while.biggrin.png

Sneezes travel at about 100 miles per hour," says Patti Wood, author of Success Signals: Understanding Body Language. She adds that a single sneeze can send 100,000 germs into the air.

I wonder if the Ebola issue will cut into worldwide travel?

I heard on the news this morning that oil prices are falling due to decreased demand and higher competition between the suppliers.

I don't see that having any effect on airline tickets, the price of jet fuel must come down also I imagine.

Here in New Zealand we must apply Thai BG logic with price adjustment.... couple my above statement with the fact that the NZ$ is strong against the US$ and we see no downward trend in fuel prices for the retail consumer.

In fact, Fuel Suppliers comment this morning.... 'we don't see any changes occuring in the near future due to the strenght of the NZ$'. What a load of shit these guys spin here.

I've been checking prices for my next trip, there has been a significant movement upwards. The only way I can get a return fare close to what I paid in August ( direct AKL - BKK ) is to use another carrier and endure 15hrs + and at least 1 transfer.

• Like 1

I wonder if the Ebola issue will cut into worldwide travel?

Sooner some brain trust will figure out the disease is airborne when you sneeze and enact protocols to cover airborne disease but until that time the thing will spread like wildfire.

"This signals a serious fall off in travel to Thailand IMHO"

Let's hope so.

Why ?

Why?

Because mass tourism is a disaster for any country.

That's why.

I think you want me to ask for your explanation of the above....so, why would it be a disaster for Thailand ?
I think that ship has already sailed.

What site you using ?

I normally book on the airlines site .

Xmas and kids summer holidays usually most expensive from UK

The above is kayak.com i like to check there first then enter the same info on the airline sites. If it's only a few dollars more I'll book with the airlines directly but sometimes it's cheaper. Kayak is a big company and is secure in my opinion.

• Like 1

Just got brisbane chiang mai return for a$855 with 30kg baggage

That's not too bad.

I notice when AirAsia have "specials" it's the fuel surcharge which is reduced. I checked their recent fares CNX-GoldCoast and there was an extra $98 tacked on for fuel surcharge.

In case some on here hadn't noticed it yet, we are in a worldwide economic and social crisis, and it will get worse before it get better. And that is if we live to experience the better times

Thank you much for your post. I was starting to feel good about life.

• Like 2

Thai Airways fairs from Europe so high as never before;

In begiining september Fra - Bkk A380 - Businessclass : 20 passangers on about 60-80 seats occupied;

Tourist class - about 305 occupation, and this even they reduced flight numbers !!