How hard it is to find you in Thailand?

expatsupreme

I wonder when they want passports in hotels, they put that in police database?

I havent done nothing wrong it is just that I want to avoid family members to know I am here...

how hard it is for them to find out where I stay in Thailand?

Sometimes it is better that family doe snot know I travel to Pattaya and stuff

Then don't tell them. It's not like they'd call around every hotel in Pattaya, or would they? And how would they find you unless you had an app on your iPhone?

Hotels are obliged by law to report PP info to police/Imm daily, but that information isn't open to the general public (most of the time).

Is your other 'real' name Gary Glitter?

If you live in a tourist area it's easy and they don't need a police database. They could hire a private eye to put up fliers with your picture and a reward for information. You stand out as a foreigner, someone will remember you and turn you in.

If you live out in the boonies it would be very hard because they don't know where to start looking

but everytime you rent, the owner copies my documents, so he proabably sends them to police?

I just wonder, it is really easy to find you, is somebody is looking for you, risking a marriiage peacefulness is easy

Of course they can find you if they hire someone who is good at his job. If they hire a poser don't worry so much. But any Thai with contacts.. and its bye bye marriage.

Its real easy you either tell your wife where your going like a real man or you don't go. Sneaking around is for cowards.

so you say to your wife, I go to pattaya for 2 weeks, and she says ok honey, love you... yeah righttttt

maybe she goes to amsterdam on her own, or Jamaica, or this is not true, I mean what wife would allow a man to go monger to Pattaya?

I don't think I could find myself!

I don't know my address...my wife does!

I don't even know the name of the street I live on.

When someone comes to visit, I meet them in town near the main road and then lead them back to my home.

I like it that way.

In America, I worked and lived on a large Indian reservation for a few years.

Every time street signs were installed, the local people would remove them.

I asked why?

"If they know me, they know where I live. If they don't know me, I don't want them to find me!"

Also, there is a some what bohemian town north of San Francisco named Bolinas. For decades now the locals have removed any road signs leading to the town as well as any city limits signs.

They just don't like strangers and tourist.

It does tend to deter unwanted visits.

Edited by willyumiii
  • Like 1

but everytime you rent, the owner copies my documents, so he proabably sends them to police?

I just wonder, it is really easy to find you, is somebody is looking for you, risking a marriiage peacefulness is easy

What will your next topic be ?

- help my wife is cheating -

Yermanee wai.gif

• Like 1

Its real easy you either tell your wife where your going like a real man or you don't go. Sneaking around is for cowards.

so you say to your wife, I go to pattaya for 2 weeks, and she says ok honey, love you... yeah righttttt

maybe she goes to amsterdam on her own, or Jamaica, or this is not true, I mean what wife would allow a man to go monger to Pattaya?

The only times I go to Pattaya is for the bike weekend. When I do she Does actually say OK honey, ride slow and enjoy. That is because we trust each other. The same as when she says she is going to visit family in Issan or BKK or is going to the temple for a week.

I couldn't live any other way biggrin.png

Then don't tell them. It's not like they'd call around every hotel in Pattaya, or would they? And how would they find you unless you had an app on your iPhone?

Hotels are obliged by law to report PP info to police/Imm daily, but that information isn't open to the general public (most of the time).

Is your other 'real' name Gary Glitter?

Simple methods of tracking:

1) Bank statements.

2) IP address from emails sent.

3) Phone tracking Apps.

4) As mentioned above, police database. If your family suspects you are in thailand and hires a PI that even half way good, he can easily pay off a cop to get all the information available in a database. Ofcourse, this presumes two things. One is that there is a corrupt cop in Thailand. Two that the hotel and the data entry system functions as intended--a fairly large presumption in a land where cctv is installed on many street corners but never hooked up.

Of side note, if you are wanted by the Law in the US, then they can track you quite easily, in fact, its a common joke amongst US Marshals that Thailand is a top destination (along with Costa Rica) for guys on the lamb.

There are quite a few that would allow it. Anyway you just want to cheat on her in Pattaya. That is your choice then either cover it up good or live with the outcome if she finds out.

I think the risk is low unless she suspects you and then your in trouble already.

There are quite a few that would allow it. Anyway you just want to cheat on her in Pattaya. That is your choice then either cover it up good or live with the outcome if she finds out.

I think the risk is low unless she suspects you and then your in trouble already.

Yah shore, the risk is real low until he brings home an STD from his "business" trip ;-)

I am registered at the embassy in Bangkok , so they can track me down anytime they want. Its a good thing really , if anything should happen to me, at least they know my address.

• Like 1

whistling.gif True story from about 20 years back.

German tourist was on a business tour to Singapore.

Told his dear wife in Germany he had to stay for a couple of days more in Singapore on business.

Apparently made a trip to Bangkok for some quiet sex with a Thai bar girl ..... wouldn't hurt, wife would never know.

First day in Thailand after checking into hotel, he went downstairs to a shopping mall on the first floor..... truthfully only for a beer and a look around.

While he was sitting there drinking his beer a Thai tried to rob a bank that had a branch in that very shopping mall.

Gunshots were exchanged and the German tourist was hit by a stray round. Not serious, but he was taken to a local hospital.

Thai news, showed up to cover the story of German tourist shot in Bangkok while on "holiday".

Slow news day, so German television apparently ran the story (with video footage) of this German tourist accidentally wounded during robbery in Thai shopping mall while on "holiday" in Thailand. A Thai bargirl was sitting with the german tourist at the time.

German tourist was in hospital when wife called from Germany. She had recognized him from television footage on German television.

She informed him she had seen the Thai bar girl he was with, knew perfectly well what he was planning to do with the girl, and since he apparently felt free to cheat on him in Bangkok, she also was free to do the same thing in Germany with a guy she knew in Germany.

And told him just as soon as she hung up the phone with him, she was calling this guy she knew to do with him what he had apparently been doing with the Thai bar girl.

And that when he recovered and got back to Germany they could talk about what they were going to do about it afterwards.

Then she hung up the phone.

Her husband tried to sue the Thai television station for showing the news footage on the air without his permission.

But he lost the case as it was ruled it was a valid news event, and the Thai television crew was simply responding to a legitimate news event and they were not responsible for other news stations showing the event as a news event in another country.

So the German tourist lost the case.

No more information about what eventually happened with him and his wife after he got back to Germany.

True story.

These events occurred in the first floor shopping mall of the Indra Hotel in Bangkok.

Just to let you know you may not be as far away from home and hard to find as you think you are here in Thailand.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 2

=============

Thai law requires a foreigner staying in Thailand must notify the police within 24 hours.

That is why they copy your passport when you check in at a hotel.

Done for every guest.

=============

Thai law requires a foreigner staying in Thailand must notify the police within 24 hours.

That is why they copy your passport when you check in at a hotel.

Done for every guest.

Yes but can you describe the reporting procedure performed by the hotel once they have this information including how it is forwarded to law enforcement?

Thanks

Yah shore, the risk is real low until he brings home an STD from his "business" trip ;-)

I thought most smart people would use a rubber.

I have lived here for 8 years and 1 of my children has e-mailed me on numerous occasions and has sought assistance to locate where i am to no avail,as i know she has marriage & money problems which i don't wish to be involved with until she kicks the twit out i refuse to let on where i am although my other daughter has my address and cell number she also will not give her the info.

All the info she has is that my e-mails come from within thailand,big place to get lost in i'm glad to say.clap2.gif

A lot of people come here because the country has a reputation for being easy to get lost in - literally and figuratively.

Hotels, I don't know for sure but landlords don't automatically hand copies of your passport over to the police - they just hang on to them in case there's any grief during the tenancy.

If you want to disappear here, it's still pretty easy unless, of course, you're one of those people who allows every smartphone app to use your location bah.gif