TAT to promote 'martial law tourism'

webfact

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They already failed the system completely....

The only " Buzz " I can see their creating is the " Buzz " going on in their heads.

NOT a million military jeeps with machine guns in each square mile in LOS is going to " FIX " the fact that their unwilling to prosecute and bring the actual murderer (s) on the Hannah & David case to trail....... all because of loosing stupid face, if I may add. whistling.gif

So IF I may be realistic about this and ask.... Which Tourist is next in line for a Brutal Slaying because of them wanting to SAVE FACE instead of making a example of the real murderer.

INTERNATIONAL TOURIST = HANDS OFF

This is the message they should be sending to ALL locals !!!!

Edited by CapeThai

Come and see our failing state.

How pathetic.

[/quote

TIA, TO ALL YOU MORONS OUT THERE, THIS IS A 3rd WORLD COUNTRY, DEAL WITH IT OR GET THE F OUT, I HAVE BEEN HERE 13 YEARS AND I LOVE IT, I HAVE BEEN IN 2 BOMBINGS, 1. IN HAT YAI WHERE I LOST 2 FRIENDS, AND 1 IN BKK, I THINK THAILAND IS MORE SAFE THAN THE US OR UK, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEN LEAVE, ALL YOU GIRLS DO IS COMPLAIN AND INSULT THE KINGDOM, GROW UP AND ACT YOUR AGE AND TREAT THIS KINGDOM WITH THE RESPECT THEY DESERVE, THIS IS NOT YOUR COUNTRY.

• Like 1

How pathetic.

[/quote

TIA, TO ALL YOU MORONS OUT THERE, THIS IS A 3rd WORLD COUNTRY, DEAL WITH IT OR GET THE F OUT, I HAVE BEEN HERE 13 YEARS AND I LOVE IT, I HAVE BEEN IN 2 BOMBINGS, 1. IN HAT YAI WHERE I LOST 2 FRIENDS, AND 1 IN BKK, I THINK THAILAND IS MORE SAFE THAN THE US OR UK, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEN LEAVE, ALL YOU GIRLS DO IS COMPLAIN AND INSULT THE KINGDOM, GROW UP AND ACT YOUR AGE AND TREAT THIS KINGDOM WITH THE RESPECT THEY DESERVE, THIS IS NOT YOUR COUNTRY.

Stop shouting. Capital letters only needed at the beginning of a sentence or a proper name in this forum.

• Like 1

TAT ist going crazy. Many people does not like to spend holidays in countries with military dictatorship. And the safety situation in Thailand has worsened, see the 2 killed British tourists in Koh Tao. Crime rate is also increasing, other countries such as Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia are more safe nowadays.

• Like 1

How pathetic.

[/quote

Stop shouting. Capital letters only needed at the beginning of a sentence or a proper name in this forum.

Have a heart he ran out of meds last night

Martial Law should STOP all morons in the government from speaking to a microphone or making public decisions without approval from Prayuth first.

It did for the first few weeks. Now it has become the usual unenforced laughing stock.

That picture of the young Chinese man full of blood, can not possibly be good for their outreach to the Chinese, who really, are their last and only hope

The Kho Tao fiasco is sealing their fate for the western tourist, and now the Chinese may seriously be questioning this country

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/763571-four-men-sought-for-vicious-phuket-attack-on-chinese-tourist/

Just slightly off topic, but worth mentioning. It seems that at last the British goverment is getting it's arse into gear. They have summoned the Thai Charge D'affairs diplomat to the Foreign Office, so they can express their concerns about how the investigation int o the murdres of David and Hannah are being conducted.

Are they serious??

Tourists are no safer here now than before martial law?

In fact many cannot get travel insurance to a place under martial law.

Oh they probably are serious, even as is often the case, it appears not!

I am sure the sound of 'martial law', and inability to get insurance are off-putting for tourists, but the reality is things seem to be working better now! Surely Chinese and Russians shouldn't be put off either, their homes are hardly shining examples of civil liberties!

• Like 1

Safe? Every week someone is killed one way or another. Look at the size of that gun; 400,000 soldiers and the budget to go with it and Thailand is and has never been at war with anyone. What are all these soldiers for then? If people enjoy seeing military everywhere and everyone scared shitless, yes please come, my next holiday will be over the ditch in Indonesia and already planning second trip.

I'll tell you when its safe, will be when they have FULL democracy and we all know what needs to be done to have that problem is the Thais do not have the will or the guts to achieve it and will therefore continue to reel in abject poverty; its their choice seems they love the way things are and refer to us as "Farang" with disdain simply because they are so bloody envious of our freedom, independence, and free speech but don't want to admit it.

• Like 2

Take advantage of TAT's latest offers:

-airport transfers by APC,

-floating market tours at gunpoint.

Would it be possible to have my next massage session with Noi at gunpoint? hang on I'll get the camera. Hope there is no extra fee for this.

"Thawatchai said that martial law is beneficial to tourism, because it ensures that foreign tourists can be safe 24 hours a day.

Nice one. Agree totally that is was wrong to say that, but the popular PM Prayuth is holding people responsible for their actions now and if you were held you were responsible for not being pro active in promoting tourism then the most popular PM in the last decade will have you sacked which is why he is the most popular PM.

Reminds me of the "Thai amnesty bill will bring reconciliation". Absolute bullsh%t, but at least martial law stopped 3 deaths and 40 injuries a month of innocent people by red terrorists.

Thawatchai shot from the hip without thinking. The popular PM needs to reinforce to his subordinates that they need to be measured and realistic in their comments.

Well done to the popular PM for showing us that his people are taking him seriously and trying their hardest to strengthen tourism.

Shame on the ones that want tourism to fail at the behest of millions of jobs simply because they hatre the popular PM.

That is the 7% talking. That is the 7% the majority ignore.

If you reply I dare you to not be condescending or belittling towards me. I dare you.

EDIT - "3 winey apologist stooges" count as the famous red condescension which is why reform is needed.

I am not angry with you englishoak. I pity you..

It's easy to be popular when anyone who says otherwise is arrested.

I have yet to see any real reforms regarding corruption or law enforcement.

A lot of window dressing......

As far as the TAT are concerned, "we need to do something that looks like we are supporting this, before we are in trouble and we make the hit list".....

• Like 1

Holy moly.. I just followed your link, what an outrage! And then some jerk off copper says tourists need to make sure they only use legal taxis. What on earth do tourists know about the problems in Phuket with taxis especially when they are put into the taxi by their hotel.

To be absolutely fair, the family was given free passes to the Jet Ski rental.

How pathetic.

[/quote

did he actually say he lost friends in two separate bombings, and then said it is safe?

I didn't lose any friends in any bombings in New York City, where I am from,

how does he even think he made any sense?

• Like 1

Does Thailand know this is the 21st century. I've travel to places in the Middle East 20 years and instead of a life guard was A JEEP with a 20mm gun, make me feel safe? I felt better to be worried about sharks!

The proper way is for special forces to be in street cloths and mingle, Thai police on foot with no guns and able to communicate in languages to assist tourist but at the same time watching. Will Thailand ever leave the dark ages. I respect the KING and wish he were younger because he would address these issues in modern times as he himself has been a worldly figure and has done many great things here, but todays leaders here are out of touch except their own pockets.