Thai PM asserts British govt has no doubts regarding British tourists' murder case

webfact

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now he is pretending that he doesn't understand diplomacy or maybe he really doesn't. Did he expect the British ambassador to say exactly what was in his mind and rant and rave about corrupt police and military working hand and glove with Mafia to scapegoat innocent people?

• Like 1

This could be a reason why Thailand could give a shit what the UK and USA have to say about their domestic affairs.

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=543cceecbe047004128b4611#.VD0fcfmSySo

I read that.

If one knows one's history, this is the type of thing that starts wars.

Nobody is going to start a war over Thailand, it really isn't as important as the Thais, or you, think it is.

So you don't know your history. It's not about Thailand. It's about taking sides.

And the picture is much bigger than you apparently know.

Its amazing the lengths they are going too to protect that murderous little boy, Worat or Nomsod i think his name is, and his family on the island.

I wonder what has been said to him in private behind closed doors. You would like to think he at least saw the end of a belt buckle but they r probably sitting around laughing about it. Let's face it he did send 5555 to the CSI LA Facebook page.

• Like 2

This could be a reason why Thailand could give a shit what the UK and USA have to say about their domestic affairs.

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=543cceecbe047004128b4611#.VD0fcfmSySo

I read that.

If one knows one's history, this is the type of thing that starts wars.

Nobody is going to start a war over Thailand, it really isn't as important as the Thais, or you, think it is.

So you don't know your history. It's not about Thailand. It's about taking sides.

And the picture is much bigger than you apparently know.

Tin foil hat it is then. Sorry to bother you.

Living under dictatorship we most likely have to get used to the fact that from now on there will not only justice not be served, but that lies and deception will be the new crede of each day in the land that has lost its smile...

Sad to see that not only nothing has changed in regards to corruption, mafia structures and HiSo kids being under protection of the RTP, but that things are getting worse :(

• Like 1

I'm very disappointed in this guy. I realize he does not give a rat's ass about my opinion. I thought he was an honorable man, and the shining hope for the future of Thailand. Now I see it's the same old BS, with a different face. Very sad. Does he just think that everybody will believe all these little fairy tales, in spite of proof to the contrary?

Exactly my thoughts - my admiration for him turned into a daily vomit session on the toilet sick.gif

I'm very disappointed in this guy. I realize he does not give a rat's ass about my opinion. I thought he was an honorable man, and the shining hope for the future of Thailand. Now I see it's the same old BS, with a different face. Very sad. Does he just think that everybody will believe all these little fairy tales, in spite of proof to the contrary?

Exactly my thoughts - my admiration for him turned into a daily vomit session on the toilet sick.gif

I'm the same gents. Really sad and disappointing

Gratifying to see (some of) the junta fanbois waking up and seeing the reality of what the regime is all about. A warm welcome to the other side of the fence!

Edited by baboon
  • Like 1

Now he is pretending that he doesn't understand diplomacy or maybe he really doesn't. Did he expect the British ambassador to say exactly what was in his mind and rant and rave about corrupt police and military working hand and glove with Mafia to scapegoat innocent people?

Diplomats and Thais have one thing in common: they never speak directly. But if you know how to read between the lines in their own language you know exactly what they are saying. The statement of the British foreign minister was clear to anyone who understands how diplomats communicate. The Thai PM responded in a Thai manner, not a diplomatic manner . . . and for anyone who has spent much time in Thailand, it is equally clear what his response was intended to communicate. And it was no gaffe, he knew exactly what he was saying, the Thai way.

Diplomats and Thais have one thing in common: they never speak directly. But if you know how to read between the lines in their own language you know exactly what they are saying. The statement of the British foreign minister was clear to anyone who understands how diplomats communicate. The Thai PM responded in a Thai manner, not a diplomatic manner . . . and for anyone who has spent much time in Thailand, it is equally clear what his response was intended to communicate. And it was no gaffe, he knew exactly what he was saying, the Thai way.

Maybe he had read The Prince from Niccolo_Macchiavelli ?

Don'r forget also than everybody has a short memory.

A few months or weeks ago Mr Andy_Hall did a huge investigation about slave people on thai fishing boats ;

Now his passport is in the hands of thai police and waiting for a judgement,

read this letter ...

andy_h10.jpg

Maybe Thai police don't know a passport belongs to a country , not to a person..??

i do a // between these two affairs ; it's only fair

I accept what Mr Hall wrote and we ( thai govenment) will do our possible to eradicate that big problem and u accept the two burma men are guilty ...

Sure they are scapegoat but for a deal between two countries : Thailand and Great Britain .

And what was he saying? Please advise because many of my Thai friends are puzzled and embarrassed so clarification would be welcome.

Incidentally my experience of those who waffle on about the "Thai way" invariably came down in the last shower.

Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Bangkok was mistakenly quoted as saying he was happy with the RTP investigation, now this.

Thailand is taking a very aggressive attitude.

I hope Her Majesty's Government send a firm rebuke ASAP.

Is the Head man of a small Thai island really that influential??? I don’t think so, so what the hell is going on?

Wealthy, powerful, influential and very well connected.

Some say check the family and political links, starting with WT all the way to S at the top. Unthinkable.

Further and Beyond.

And what was he saying? Please advise because many of my Thai friends are puzzled and embarrassed so clarification would be welcome.

Incidentally my experience of those who waffle on about the "Thai way" invariably came down in the last shower.

I believe the PMs statement was meant to be an insult and a total brush off, in response to a diplomatically direct challenge (most likely based on knowledge from an internal British investigation) and perceived insult and loss of face. I believe most Thai people do understand what he was really saying, just as they would understand if this same type of exchange had taken place between two Thai politicians, between two neighbors or business persons having a disagreement, etc. They are embarrassed because they realize how it will be perceived, both inside Thailand by people that do understand what he is really saying, and by foreigners that do not. And they are embarrassed and worried because they understand the diplomatic, practical (i.e. tourism/economy related), perceptive, and other impacts this may have on the country, as well as the implications it has for real reform within the country. He knew full well what he was saying, but may not have known, or on balance with other concerns doesn't care, what the implications would be.

By the way my discussion of the "Thai way" was not intended to pass judgment one way or the other. It was simply a statement of reality as to how most Thai people communicate in circumstances involving conflict (I admit it's a generalization that doesn't apply to everyone or every situation, but from my long experience it applies to most). Again based on a lot of experience, the "Thai way" of being indirect is a double-edged sword: sometimes it makes a situation worse, sometimes better . . . just as being too direct in a farang matter can be a double-edged sword as well.

I don't understand what you mean by "came down in the last shower". If you mean I just recently arrived and do not have long-term experience in Thailand, then you are very wrong.

Edited by Bleacher Bum East

How can he say 'that the British Govt had no doubt, what a bland thai statement that is , a typical play on words.

Ofcourse they have doubt, thats why its been taken to a high level, a three hour meeting, were blithering Kent was ordered to go to.

The Thai's now are going on the strengh of the confessions and the Dna, and are ignoring all the other cover up's, like the doctored cctv footage ,both from Bkk and Koa Tao.

Also, why were some allowed to refuse Dna testing , who were on that beach bar the night of the murders !

Back in the Uk they will not be aware of these anomalies in the case, nor i suspect Kent.

Observe the beach , yea sure , pull the other one.

Time the Powers that beini the Uk use the clout they have and start asking questions like we all have been doing !

Maybe this is just rumor....but I've heard from a no bullshit source that the PM's mom is a serious friend of Koh Tao mafia headman's grandmother, and that the grandmother has MUCHO influence and cred with Thai gov't. Just something I heard.

who is the no bullshit source, a friend of a friend of a friend ?

I smell bullshit.

Let's just say that I wholeheartedly trust this source not to feed me bullshit. Whether or not it is true, I obviously cannot confirm. I am just passing on something that I've heard from a Thai source that is working in Thai gov't. I don't like bullshit hearsay either, but I thought it was worth passing on. After all, we ALL know how the Thai crony system works. Do we not? If it is BS, well then.......???

You have a clip of the headman that support your rumor

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=707205032690558&set=vb.596740650403664&type=3&theater

• Like 1

Maybe this is just rumor....but I've heard from a no bullshit source that the PM's mom is a serious friend of Koh Tao mafia headman's grandmother, and that the grandmother has MUCHO influence and cred with Thai gov't. Just something I heard.

who is the no bullshit source, a friend of a friend of a friend ?

I smell bullshit.

Let's just say that I wholeheartedly trust this source not to feed me bullshit. Whether or not it is true, I obviously cannot confirm. I am just passing on something that I've heard from a Thai source that is working in Thai gov't. I don't like bullshit hearsay either, but I thought it was worth passing on. After all, we ALL know how the Thai crony system works. Do we not? If it is BS, well then.......???

You have a clip of the headman that support your rumor

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=707205032690558&set=vb.596740650403664&type=3&theater

Interesting link. Anyone have a translation?

The Generals army has been on the island asking traders in the night market and many other Thai's who they feared most.

One families name came up that live in Haad Rin, they run the full moon party.

Another question was were do you think the money goes ..........................ah, by their silence they got the answer they wanted.

A number of 20 odd yr old beach resorts have been given ninety days notices.

If they cannot sort the fullmoon party out properly it will prove only one thing, one family , has the power and are untouchable !