Intimidation Views

PowermanFire

I just would like to know, if you had any problems with Intimidation, as I have gone to a lawyer, and they say I must get more Proof,

First I thought it was only a joke, as I am an old man, on the street, and have come to Thailand to retire,

But now at this stage it has got worse, even when I walk on the street where I live, People are speaking Malice about me,

After I bought a house here, and thought it was nice and quiet, but now I find it very Harassing, and don't want to live here.

Has anyone had this experience, on their street in Pattaya, I just would like some advice, or join a club,

Thank you kindly if you could give me advice.

Thais or other Farangs "harassing" you? Makes a big difference. Also, why are they targetting you? What's the full story?

Finally, a Lawyer will take your money and do nothing because there is nothing they can do. Speaking Malice - might be defamation, and that means you would walk into the police station with 500 baht, and make a formal complaint.

\

Just seen your other topic;

"1. What are the Laws in Thailand about Cyberbulling, or Civil rights?

2. What are the Laws in Thailand about Harassment or Intimidation?

3. What are the Laws in Thailand about spreading Malice lies or rumors?

4. And what kind of evidence do you need?

5. This can be about Civil rights or the Law, and is there any Organization that deal with this?"

If it is online and you know who it is, then this is defamation. Take your evidence to the police, fill in the form, and they will deal with it. It doesn't matter if what they say is true or not, only that they said bad things publicly about you.

Edited by boldface

Can't understand it unless you are living within a thai community,and those people are in someway resentful of you.

I live within a community at the ratio of approx 51% 49% other ethnic groups, and see little or no animosity from the thai people,ok sometimes i see the occasional farang fallouts largely due to drink.

Maybe it's possible that you don't try to be sociable with others hence the fallout you get from others,if so ignorance is bliss,and try to shrug off their stupidity and gl my friend.

Didn't you only leave the UK a couple of months ago because of the same thing....?

Yes, the O/P seem to feel bullying was a reason to depart UK and now it seems to have followed him here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754690-topic-bringing-family-to-thailand/

It sounds like he is either imagining it or does something to provoke it.

On 25th August he asked about moving to Thailand along with his two sons aged 10 and 12, but he seems to have moved pretty quickly if he bought a house in Pattaya since then and has stayed here long enough to feel on-going intimidation to such an extent that he wants to move.

At first blush, it seems something doesn't add up.

• Like 1

Moved to Pattaya from England to retire.

2 kids 10 and 12 years old.

No mention of a wife / mother.

Cyber-bullying and / or Physical bullying at school.

Do the kids have a Thai or English mother ?

Nobody would force your kids onto Facebook. It's "optional".

Far more info is needed for any unbiased valuable help.

From the start it was about Intimidation, Please read or go to school'

Mr bold face2 I was only asking for advice about Intimidation, as I have been in England twenty years and wanted some advice Fellow Patriots,

On this Forum I only asked about Intimidation and Malice Lies.

You could be right, Mr Brit Doggie Wales, English, Or Scottish don't mean to be rude, but which one are you, as when I was in England there was a slight Problem with the Flag, and I asked this man, what was wrong, he suggests to me that they could not fly the English flag, sorry about that, going off the subject.

Why is it that you have all the same answers, nothing about what I said, Intimidation, and Malice lies, It sounds like the Drink is very strong, and I would not recommend it, clearly not, reading right, or something is missing,

If you fell the topic is to hard to respond to, that is Ok with me, I will just ask People that don't drink so much, as the answer, where a way of the track, Thank you for no advice, have a good day and, try not to Drink to much, Please.

If your posts were a bit less of the rambling kind, maybe we could understand your situation and help. Your English is difficult to understand, which doesn't help .

You were advised to go to the police, why don't you do that? Tourist police number is 155 I believe

... was only asking for advice about Intimidation, as I have been in England twenty years and wanted some advice Fellow Patriots,... he suggests to me that they could not fly the English flag, sorry about that, going off the subject....

From you rambling dissertations; if you are of south Asian decent or ethnicity (not Caucasian), your kids may have experienced bullying in UK schools and you may well be subject to some degree of discriminatory behaviour by Thai people. Edited by NanLaew

I find that you need to try to get to know your thai community where you live,I believe when someone looks you ,just smile ,say hello wave ,9 times out of 10 you will get a smile or hello,make the effort ,farang we are in there back yard,also a lot of Thais will make you feel welcome,as farang don't think your better than the Thais,you're only as good as you're last crap

Posting as a moderator here.

Mr. Powerman, I concur with the views of some of the fellow members. If you feel that the intimidation is severe enough, the police is your best place to go to. There are foreign volunteers at all police stations around here who can give you a first advice and guidance.

We have in Thaivisa an "ask the lawyer" sub forum where a law firm gives you answers to specific questions. The emphasis is on "specific".

Posting as a moderator here.

Mr. Powerman, I concur with the views of some of the fellow members. If you feel that the intimidation is severe enough, the police is your best place to go to. There are foreign volunteers at all police stations around here who can give you a first advice and guidance.

We have in Thaivisa an "ask the lawyer" sub forum where a law firm gives you answers to specific questions. The emphasis is on "specific".

Going to the Pattaya police for help isn't going to do anything other than relieve him of cash or waste his time, especially since nothing has actually happened. It may even backfire on him should the police actually do their job for a change and visit the person harassing him.

However, I do agree with what Drew said. Befriend some of the locals around you, however you have to. If you're just some lone farang they see coming and going, who maybe doesn't speak a word of their language, or perhaps is doing something they find offensive, then you are easy to pick on. You're just another outsider to them who doesn't belong there.

It's also normal for moo baans to be very chatty. Stay at home wives and GFs are the worst. Only they know what stories they have made up about you.

Last, Pattaya tends to attract a rougher breed of Thais and foreigners alike. Perhaps another, less jaded city would be better for you. Being an "old man" in Pattaya would be a little scary depending on where you live, where you go, and how you spend your time.

I have read some of your comments, how stubute, What Planet are some of you from, why I asked about Cyberbullying and so on is to see those anyone know.

Anything, I will give you some facts, but don't drink too much over it, it sames yew all went to the same school, God Pless the Teacher, Think about your answers.

Read the links, and the facts, have a good day and don't let the beer flood your brains.That's just a little taste of it, I can send you Many more

• Like 1

I think you should move. Next time take the advice in post # 13 : smile and wave alot. If your not inclined on that just ignore the locals as best you can.

You seem to have gotten way to embroiled and involved - For what ? If its any consolation you are not the only one around here that gets annoyed with the locals.

If you look at Cyberbullying in Thailand Questionnaire, if you open the link below you will find my questions, and there are two other links, that tell you about Cyberbullying in Thailand, this forum is to enlighten you about Cyberbullying and many more things, related, to it.

At the moment there is no law to deal with Cyberbullying, only to do with computer theft,

Next year the Police are looking at international law to make a decision on what law to bring into Thailand, but by next year there will be a law to deal with this.

And there are about two thousand cases awaiting, and nothing can be done about this,

But I have heard about a Norwegian man and all his data was stolen from him, by a Chinese man, and the Police could do nothing about it,

And I heard that many foragers on holidays had problems with Cyberbullying mostly to do with Facebook, and went to the Police, and they could not do anything, about it,

So my questions are does anyone have experience on this subject, and can email me on [email protected], I would like to hear your opinions on this, As to make People more aware of this Problem, and it does happen in Thailand, only moderate answers Thank you,

And I would like to know where to make a complaint about this, Sound like Paranoid Personality Disorder, medication is available. Lenny W is this moderate, or not

Can anyone tell me where to make a complaint about this on Thai Visa

Reading the deliberate lack of information and, with respect, nonsense you're putting out to people trying to help you, I suggest you get help from a Doctor. And I say that with respect.

Quote "And I heard that many foragers on holidays had problems with Cyberbullying mostly to do with Facebook"

How did you hear this ?

Do you socialize with bullied people ?

Take a step back and look at yourself.

You're even having a pop at people here that are bothering to try help your situation. And if those people trying to help wish to drink, that choice is theirs.

You are provoking the tolerant people here for trying to help you.

Maybe that's the reason malice and bullying is following you around.

And may I ask, respectfully, what is a "forager" ?

• Like 1

Pattaya 28 It is a Deliberate lack of information about Cyberbullying, I am trying to make People aware of Cyberbulling, and so on it think you have not read it all, and you need schooling, with respect,

I have done my reserch into this, and as it is a growing problem, I would like to help People, and how did i hear of this, you think i have to tell you where i got this information from, i have done my rescreach into this, it has been on Thai Visa, many times.

And I did know bullies, you have to take a step back and look at what i have wrote, you are looking for a tit dat situation, which i will not be involived in,

why did you say about me having a pop at People drinking, as if you read all the furom, and all the past comments, about me drinking, maybe this will inlight you.

I want to help People be aware of Cyberybulling and so on as it is a growing Problem in Thailand.

So look at yourself, and read it again, and with respect are you hideing something from me.

And I am trying to make People more aware, of this so they won't be Provoked, and make People more aware and tolerant of this problem.

Big mis spelling of "forager"? Foreigner. So now can we get back to the real Problem

I have read some of your comments, how stubute, What Planet are some of you from, why I asked about Cyberbullying and so on is to see those anyone know.

Anything, I will give you some facts, but don't drink too much over it, it sames yew all went to the same school, God Pless the Teacher, Think about your answers.

Read the links, and the facts, have a good day and don't let the beer flood your brains.That's just a little taste of it, I can send you Many more

Your issues is cyber-bulling? blink.png

I thought it was problems where you lived.

Oh well, good luck mate.

Original OP Quote:

I just would like to know, if you had any problems with Intimidation, as I have gone to a lawyer, and they say I must get more Proof,

First I thought it was only a joke, as I am an old man, on the street, and have come to Thailand to retire,

But now at this stage it has got worse, even when I walk on the street where I live, People are speaking Malice about me,

After I bought a house here, and thought it was nice and quiet, but now I find it very Harassing, and don't want to live here.

Has anyone had this experience, on their street in Pattaya, I just would like some advice, or join a club,

No mention of CyberBullying.

This is a Pattaya Forum.

You are very confused.

Fellow expats have tried to help / advise you.

I have no more comments.

Original OP Quote:

No mention of Cyber Bullying.

This is a Pattaya Forum.

You are very confused.

Fellow expats have tried to help / advise you.

I have no more comments.

I think you are very confused, on what you have written, this is not the first time you have written about this topic, read what you have written before, don't confuse yourself, if you cannot remember what you wrote on the last Post, there is something wrong with your memory, you were the one that, mention about cyber bullying, you have no interest in this topic or the last topic I Posted about Cyberbullying and some more issues, This is what I wrote in the last topic, CYBERBULLYING IN THAILAND QUESTIONNAIRE

I will Post it again, as clearly as i did the first time, to help People be more aware of Cyberbullying, Harassment, Intimidation,Spreading Malic lies or rumors, as you don't want to help People, and making excuses, about you don't understand, how long have you been on Thai Visa, I have no more Comments to make to you, as I think you are hiding something, on this subject??????