Koh Tao murders: Petition seeking new probe to be handed to PM David Cameron

webfact

Sorry if this the incorrect way to query something, but under this OP this morning there was a contribution by someone which included a video clip of five people sitting round a table with a tripod-mounted camera and the person at the head of the table speaking to camera. It was in Thai and I wanted to get a translation of what was being said. It looked really interesting.

When I came to find the post again, to show someone at work and to get a translation, the post had disappeared along with the afore-mentioned video clip. Was it the 'powers that be' at work or did the contributor 'pull' his/her comments? I'm also sorry that I didn't take a note of the poster's name.

If you recognise yourself from this brief description, I would be grateful to receive the clip via a personal email through TV.

Just on a perhaps similar topic, I tried to read an article this morning from the UK Daily Mail about a professional footballer who had attacked a bouncer outside a nightclub and, "Lo and behold", the article had been deemed as unsuitable by the Thai military and had been replaced with the big, green notice of the Thought Police???

Thanks and welcome to George Orwell's world.

Edited by AjarnMartin

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that after they were arrested they were put on suicide watch. If I was a betting person. I'd wager a few baht that these two don't even make it to trial, having been found 'hanged' in their cell. Simple way out for the the Thai judicial system.

Edited by mizztraveller

Ferguson, has nothing in common with the Kho Tai rape murder trials

Ferguson was a cop that killed a kid that was twice his size, that was refusing to stand still after committing a strong arm robbery of an asian grocer.

the fact that he died for less than $100 of cigars is his problem, as, since then, the looting that has gone on there, has been awful and ensures, no one will serve them soon, and all stores there will just close, including Wal Mart.

USA business people don't need that nonsense when they are trying to provide a service to people who would rather, rob and loot them,

the police there have shown a tremendous amount of restraint

Just signed it and it's over 88,000 already.

Would you care to guess how many of the signatories are UK cits or residents?

Does it matter, it shows a lot of people are concerned over this issue, i personally appplaude eveyone who has signed, i assume you have not given your comment, if you have signed well done, Will it prove effective not sure, but at least a good group of people gave it a go, which is somewhat enlightening...

• Like 1

"Extra caution is required to ensure their reports do not vilify suspects or defendants, especially if they end up being finally acquitted or proven not guilty, as no compensation can be provided for damaged reputations."

So, you can call someone a crook and be charged with defamation of character, but be charged with murder and if found innocent, so sorry..Mai Bhen Rai.. blink.png

• Like 1

Getting 100,000 may not spark any investigation by itself but hopefully it creates momentum towards finding out the truth one day.

If they are the ones that did it I'm satisfied but show us some proof from a reliable and trustworthy source.

Anyone on team Thailand is a fool. You have proof of their corruption, the entire population of 67 million knows it as a fact. Only an uneducated halfwit would believe their word.

I predict they will be sentenced to life and the saddest part is they will probably be murdered by suicide and the chance of ever getting answers will be over.

I agree with what you say, 100% , with this small exception: Only an uneducated halfwit would believe their word. In addition to uneducated halfwits, i believe there are a couple guys on this board who will say anything, no matter how ignorant or ridiculous, merely to get a rise out of other members. The life of these guys must be very sad indeed. However, I feel there may be a couple of guys whose motivation is more sinister. I won't name names, but I feel these guys may actually be involved with the koh tao "mafia", financially, or by some other means.

it interesting how much international attention this case is getting versus the hundreds of other unsolved murders of farangs in Thailand which barely get a single headline in their home countries. I suspect it has a lot to do with one of the victims been a beautiful young woman.

More tin-eared or tin-hearted insensitivity from the falang crowd.

As Lily Tomlin said "no matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up." In this case replace cynical with callous and uncaring.

Maybe it has a lot to do with what some people did to that young woman and her friend, but especially her.

Those who can't get that, I suggest you take Robert Hare's online survey and increase your self-awareness.

• Like 1

Does it matter, it shows a lot of people are concerned over this issue, i personally appplaude eveyone who has signed, i assume you have not given your comment, if you have signed well done, Will it prove effective not sure, but at least a good group of people gave it a go, which is somewhat enlightening...

EG, you seem young and sincere (no offence intended by that) so be ware that this person JDinasia's MO is to throw doubt or inject confusion, misdirection, official propaganda, anything that will stick, into any conversation promoting clarity and transparency. Best to ignore him entirely.

• Like 2

Or...as another option:

People COULD just admit that terrible things happen, move the f%*( ON.

Do you know how many people were killed in Chicago or some place last month? It happens.

The usual gangs kill gangs that rages on. But apples and oranges. We're taking about massive foul play by police, cover up, protection, intimidation.... quite a grander scale.

So why don't you consider not searching for, reading, then posting on threads such as this if you are so against sharing thoughts on the events? Or is this the key to being a troller?

I can only assume you are unaware of events in Ferguson

Thanks for another example of what I just posted about you---hey everyone, look over here in nasty ole MO USA, forget about the travesty in THAILAND discussed on the THAI VISA forum.

You're really shameless, aren't you?

As to --John--, same to you--you want to compare Koh Tao to Chicago? Pathetic.

Your point is?

His point is that he's got nothing better to do than troll, and make childish remarks. Not sure why he tries to mock this way but he obviously has some underlying issues. Please everybody the petition does count, no matter what your nationality, race, creed, or colour. If you care about justice and believe the Thai police have made some serious mistakes then sign it. Its a powerful tool for exposure, all major media outlets in the west have reported the petition so in affect it has already done its job very well.

Your point is?

His point is that he's got nothing better to do than troll, and make childish remarks. Not sure why he tries to mock this way but he obviously has some underlying issues. Please everybody the petition does count, no matter what your nationality, race, creed, or colour. If you care about justice and believe the Thai police have made some serious mistakes then sign it. Its a powerful tool for exposure, all major media outlets in the west have reported the petition so in affect it has already done its job very well.

This is the only post I have read. Do they expect David Cameron to come to Thailand and personally head the investigation? I don't think he is qualified. But then again how many of the signatures really care. They are just looking for a reason to bash the police. all they know is what a news paper tells them and we all know how accurate the news papers are.

• Like 1

Thai Dictator gets a come uppence in Italy, totally unexpected, by anyone over Kho Tao!@

http://time.com/author/charlie-campbell/

Thailand’s military dictator General Prayuth Chan-ocha is facing fierce protestson his maiden trip overseas, with Thai exiles in Italy rallying Thursday against his May 22 coup, and an indignant crowd expected to gather in London on Friday to protest the botched investigation into thebrutal murder of two British backpackers on the resort island of Koh Tao.

Thai Dictator gets a come uppence in Italy, totally unexpected, by anyone over Kho Tao!@

Thailand’s military dictator General Prayuth Chan-ocha is facing fierce protestson his maiden trip overseas, with Thai exiles in Italy rallying Thursday against his May 22 coup, and an indignant crowd expected to gather in London on Friday to protest the botched investigation into thebrutal murder of two British backpackers on the resort island of Koh Tao.

And we have a perfect match on the CCTV footage for the mystery asian man, who, claimed to be in Bangkok,

oops, its almost a perfect investigation now, thanks to CSI LA

post-214613-0-03426400-1413517757_thumb.

Wonder how this will end .... coffee1.gif

Yes, very interesting as too many high ranking officials will seriously lose face if their investigation is shown to be flawed and especially the new prime minister for backing them so openly.

They will probably just try and plough on with the line that this had been the perfect police investigation and hope that things are forgotten and back to normal asap.

Big mistake!!!

The signatures are pretty much saying F U Thailand, we know you are no good and it is in fact time to pay. I think the signatures do represent something very significant. People can only take so much.

As the majority of esigs appear to be generated from a Thai language FB page..

I would suggest that it says something different than you suggest.

The signatures are pretty much saying F U Thailand, we know you are no good and it is in fact time to pay. I think the signatures do represent something very significant. People can only take so much.

I do wonder why you in particular are against folk getting to the truth of the matter. Seems theres a near worldwide thought that the actual guy doing the murdering is still out there, yet you are happy to see a couple of guys swing when there are question marks.

I find your posts are either a wind up or your daft.........blink.png

I do wonder why you in particular are against folk getting to the truth of the matter. Seems theres a near worldwide thought that the actual guy doing the murdering is still out there, yet you are happy to see a couple of guys swing when there are question marks.

Strange how wanting a trial equals wanting anything other than the actual facts to be revealed publicly to determine the guilt or innocence of the accused means that to you.

I think they have the killers. That doesn't mean I am sure.

I can tell by people's need to insult other members that they are using emotional arguments rather than facts.

Interesting post. The signatures can only take so much.

Now they have gone through a lot of crap to get a government in place that actually cares about them and they are unhappy that it doesn't call them up and ask for their take on every thing.

They forget they are clueless. They only know what the news papers tell them and they should by now know that the news papers only tell them what they want to hear. If they want some thing different printed no problem just don't buy the news paper they will get the message and find some other negative thing for you.

The news papers only print what is sellable. Bashing the Government is fashionable so that is what they print. They are not interested in facts.

Interesting post. The signatures can only take so much.

Now they have gone through a lot of crap to get a government in place that actually cares about them and they are unhappy that it doesn't call them up and ask for their take on every thing.

They forget they are clueless. They only know what the news papers tell them and they should by now know that the news papers only tell them what they want to hear. If they want some thing different printed no problem just don't buy the news paper they will get the message and find some other negative thing for you.

The news papers only print what is sellable. Bashing the Government is fashionable so that is what they print. They are not interested in facts.

as mentioned above...interesting but false

the signs are mostly coming from thai people

Strange how wanting a trial equals wanting anything other than the actual facts to be revealed publicly to determine the guilt or innocence of the accused means that to you.

I think they have the killers. That doesn't mean I am sure.

I can tell by people's need to insult other members that they are using emotional arguments rather than facts.

Strange how anyone would be naive enough to think that a trial in Thailand equates to the actual facts being publicly revealed.

Thailands military dictator General Prayuth Chan-ocha is facing fierce protestson his maiden trip overseas, with Thai exiles in Italy rallying Thursday against his May 22 coup, and an indignant crowd expected to gather in London on Friday to protest the botched investigation into thebrutal murder of two British backpackers on the resort island of Koh Tao.

This alone should prompt us all into referring to prayuth from now on as "dictator prayuth" Good nuff for Milan good nuff for moi.

all the smiles and mai pen rai s in the world can not conceal his true identity any longer as the dictator of Thailand. Man he had me bluffed for a while there too. Blinkers = off.

What country can honestly stand up and say they deal commercially with a dictatorship. He is bringing the world view of asia down and if I were Singapore for example I would be distancing myself completely from these bumbling idiots. BIB advised early on that Singapore was assisting with dna testing which also turned out to be untrue. Unless it was red bull heir boy working out of his Singapore condo kitchenette. Like that would even be out if the realm of possibility. Despicable.

• Like 1