Internet Cafe with fast computers and fast internet?

spookyfun

Hello there once again.

I have a bunch of footage from my action camera. Unfortunately my laptop does not have enough computing power for me to convert it into a manageable format or even do some basic editing.

I tried to look online on any info of internet cafes that have pretty good pcs and fast Internet but I couldn't find any.

Im only planning on cutting a bunch of clips together and then converting the video to a better format. From what I understand I would need a computer with a good CPU to these type of work.

So my plan is to download gopro studio, do some editing and convert it to a better format and then upload. Would there be place suited for this?

Thank you.

No internet cafe will have a machine as powerful as the one you have already. It wouldn't be feasible for them to have high end computers, your laptop will almost certainly have more grunt than theirs.

Sorry - try asking the question in the computer forum, there are lots of boffin types with clever answers lurking in there .

• Like 2

Just a thought, try...

Pattrara Prepress

242/2 Maneenoparat [near Chang Puak Gate]

Tel. 053 210816

This is the best graphic arts studio in Chiang Mai - used by most of the designers and commercial artists here.

I don't know if they do video work. They might.

Just a thought, try...

Pattrara Prepress

Tel. 053 210816

This is the best graphic arts studio in Chiang Mai - used by most of the designers and commercial artists here.

FYI - that link (removed) brought up a malware warning on my iMac which I have never seen before. Scary. It advised me not to go to that site.

Just a thought, try...

Pattrara Prepress

Tel. 053 210816

FYI - that link (removed) brought up a malware warning on my iMac which I have never seen before. Scary. It advised me not to go to that site.

Thanks for the warning, but I just checked the link and it was OK.

Just a thought, try...

Pattrara Prepress

Tel. 053 210816

Thanks for the warning, but I just checked the link and it was OK.

I get the same warning.

"The site ahead contains malware".

I removed all references to that link now as a safety precaution for members. I also received it under Firefox and Windows 7.

post-566-0-06403800-1413555417_thumb.jpg

I removed all references to that link now as a safety precaution for members. I also received it under Firefox and Windows 7.

attachicon.gifattack.JPG

Apologies for the questionable link. I connected twice this evening with no malware warning. Then when I tried to connect through Google the warning came up.

I don't know what the problem is. The company itself is reputable. I've been dealing with them for years.

Nevertheless, thanks for deleting the link if there was any chance of a problem.

attachicon.gifattack.JPG

Apologies for the questionable link. I connected twice this evening with no malware warning. Then when I tried to connect through Google the warning came up.

I don't know what the problem is. The company itself is reputable. I've been dealing with them for years.

Nevertheless, thanks for deleting the link if there was any chance of a problem.

You would not believe how many Phishing emails I analyse that use code hosted on legitimate sites.

Before hackers used to deface websites, now they hijack them for nefarious purposes, and the owners don't even know.

This may be such a case.

Maybe you or one of your friends could alert them?

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 2