Outlaw Biker Groups Migrating to Thailand from Australia and N. America

poweratradio

Yes - they are building - yes they are violent - no - they are not minor players and very well organized once they take root......they will start by "aquiring" other clubs to do the leg work and take falls/provide protection.....

Very big, well backed, and extremely efficient once they flourish......

Does not bode well if they do establish themselves.......

They are running a multi hundred million $$$$ business if not in the billions.....

In the US you used to see them when they were a true "motorcycle gang" all the time around the SF area & in the LA area.....once they expanded their business interests they went under the radar so to speak.....

Back in the day had lunch at times with a few of the officers of a local chapter & they were mostly normal guys back then......Though I rode for 20 years and on occasion on a Harley - mostly Goldwings & Ducati - flat track and hill climbing we shared a common interest....I was never part of any club other than competitive sports.....

There's a show that runs in the US called "Gangs" that does a nice piece on their expansion into Canada.....

They're not to be taken lightly and odds are good they're already aligned with other big players......it's business to them......

Not to be under estimated.....

Edited by pgrahmm

There are at least ten gangs in Pattaya most of them can't afford real Harleys and they are either on ED Visas or Retirement Extensions.

The days of real biker gangs were over a long time ago it's like riding around with a big sign saying arrest me.

They have however progressed into professional organized crime without the bikes.

There are at least ten gangs in Pattaya most of them can't afford real Harleys and they are either on ED Visas or Retirement Extensions.

The days of real biker gangs were over a long time ago it's like riding around with a big sign saying arrest me.

They have however progressed into professional organized crime without the bikes.

They have similar visa status to the digital pikey gangs that flog their nonesense here on TVF?

I wonder if the live in 2500 baht rooms and argue with street vendors using their superior levels of tinglish ?

• Like 1

Well I think I know the answer to the OPs lack of specific answers. My suggestion is that OP requests that his thread get moved to either the visa or investment forums where he will likely receive a more precise answer, rather than the general answers he received on the general forum. Failing those two forms he could try the motorcycle forum and ask the nefarious bikies directly.

OP, if you were involved in criminal activities and a member of a bike gang, would you display your colours?

Look at it like formula 1, the race is only the tip of the iceberg, all the important money making is happening behind the scenes by bean counters that have nothing to do with the race.

Organized crime is something like that........................wink.png

As for visas, they are probably on elite cards with the alleged profits they are making out of their illegal activities.

Its a great country for these people to get 'lost' in as I think it is safe to say that every major city in Thailand has their bike clubs/chapters. And their biker bars.