Does your wife Facebook pictures of things you buy for her?

oakweb

I would not have any idea what the g/f posts on FB because I do not have it and do not want it. Problem solved.

On the other hand, does she send photos of what she does and where she goes - like restaurants and things? Yes she does. To friends and family via LINE, but that is not visible to all and sundry on the internet.

My god what brilliant insight into the communication dinosaurs frequenting TVisa

As for the OP, as previously stated friends and family are usually pleased to receive photographic updates showing life is good

An indication perhaps the problem lies with the recipient not the creator

There are many useful communication tools on FB; but then if you never use it you will understand little of the benefits

Thai women a pretty self absorbed lot. We often love them for their vanity.

FB, Not sny different than other Asians or the rest of the world. FB is your personal celebration of your life so ots not suprising so msny hete have scorn and ridicule as they have no life.

You need not put selfies (I've never taken one in five years I hsve had one) or your latest meal. But to my mind, its not suprising that bar rats snd mongers don't have a FB page. No wife, no gf, no trips inside Thailsnd, no trips outside Thailand. No friends, no family, no life.

FB is about showing the best side of your life, unfortunately to many this means chasing material wealth. Ironic in a Buddhist country, not really. When ever a Thai shows something new to someone the first thing they tell them is the price.

As a family unit, I nor my wife really purchase things that she might have some desire to post on FB. We do other things with our money.

Posting a lot of expensive, garrish swag can and does backfire. Recently, we have a Thai acquaintance who took her kid back to UK and had fold down bed in plane - bridge too far. Her lifestyle slready well over the top and it smacked of privilege.

FB sucks from a privacy perspective, as does Google but no one decries them.

I guess you can dump her and move ?? where the women don't use FB.

Sorry, typos. Keyboard problems.

Edited by Mencken

Anyone who does this kind of stuff is craving attention and has a massive inferiority complex. 'Posers' are a boil on the bum with their private number plates and their desire to flaunt their Harley Davidson or Porshe by parking it right in front of where they are going to eat instead of around the back like everyone else. Well balanced people have no need to do such things and just get on with their lives without trying to invite the World to watch them flaunting themselves and their possessions.

555 What a bunch of old farts we have here ;)

You folks are really over thinking this & seem far more obsessed with it than the actual FB users.

It is a form of fun/sanuk...Thai's are social folks & one of their favorites is meals or what they ate etc.

That they share it with their friends should not cause you so much grief.

That they share gifts they are happy to have received from a loved one again should be no concern of yours.

A lot of you folks talk a lot about posers...yet not notice yourselves posing as preachers of some staunch boring lives.

Lastly how is FB different than 99% of the dribble posted here? LOL....carry on

I would not have any idea what the g/f posts on FB because I do not have it and do not want it. Problem solved.

On the other hand, does she send photos of what she does and where she goes - like restaurants and things? Yes she does. To friends and family via LINE, but that is not visible to all and sundry on the internet.

It's true what they say, "IGNORANCE IS BLISS!" You would have a heart attack if you got a glimpse of her "private messages". cheesy.gif