Manchester City

mrbojangles

20 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

BJ that is not the point.

But it's my point and that point being that without a doubt United used to have a great youth system but it's going down hill and City's facility is taking over. United to used get all the cream of the crop wanting to go to them (and not us). By us attracting a bigger pool of talent we have more chance of finding a diamond and those who don't cut the mustard will be sold on.

I'd say the only other club in the prem who has a similar set up are Spurs

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

But it's my point and that point being that without a doubt United used to have a great youth system but it's going down hill and City's facility is taking over. United to used get all the cream of the crop wanting to go to them (and not us). By us attracting a bigger pool of talent we have more chance of finding a diamond and those who don't cut the mustard will be sold on.

Similar yes but you need to crack getting them into the 1st team.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

You can have it all but if you can't bed a first teamer in like TAA then it's not real success. Come back to me when you have a lad with 50 apps for your club. Sancho was right to walk. 

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

You can have it all but if you can't bed a first teamer in like TAA then it's not real success. Come back to me when you have a lad with 50 apps for your club. Sancho was right to walk. 

Didn't know you where in charge of what constitutes a successful academy.

As for Sancho. Upto him. We'll see if he made the right choice or not. Foden has decided to fight for his opportunities, maybe Sancho wasn't up for the fight. One things for sure though. We made £8m from him, which is one of the objectives of the academy

Whilst we have a number of injuries the inclusion of Oliver Skipp and Kyle Walker-Peters on our bench tonight shows the level of commitment we have to bringing through our young players.

Walker-Peters has little chance of playing in my view due to Rose also on the bench but I'd bring Skippy on in front of that carthorse Sissoko if needed.

Didn't know you where in charge of what constitutes a successful academy.

As for Sancho. Upto him. We'll see if he made the right choice or not. Foden has decided to fight for his opportunities, maybe Sancho wasn't up for the fight. One things for sure though. We made £8m from him, which is one of the objectives of the academy

Right move? He ain't a house BJ

He's on a roll don't you know?

7 apps already with a goal to his name too.

But to be fair the lad was never yours. Only done a 2 stretch at City. 

It's a smart move already and I hear he has been selected for the u21 too.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Whilst we have a number of injuries the inclusion of Oliver Skipp and Kyle Walker-Peters on our bench tonight shows the level of commitment we have to bringing through our young players.

Walker-Peters has little chance of playing in my view due to Rose also on the bench but I'd bring Skippy on in front of that carthorse Sissoko if needed.

Level of commitment or lack of investment.

24 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Right move? He ain't a house BJ

He's on a roll don't you know?

7 apps already with a goal to his name too.

But to be fair the lad was never yours. Only done a 2 stretch at City. 

It's a smart move already and I hear he has been selected for the u21 too.

Phil Foden hasn't done too bad either

Phil Foden hasn't done too bad either

Foden been on the fringes for a good while and you know it's just 1 lad. Diaz should do1 he looks like he could do well with a run of games. In a way city need a spate of injuries that forces their hand. 

I'll give you Alexander-Arnold but you can't claim Gomez as coming through your youth. He'd made senior appearances at Charlton before joining Liverpool

He was about 9 when he played for their first team.

Just watched the Hoff game. After a shock first minute goal we were very decent. Merlin was as good as he's ever been - scored an Aguero-type poachers goal. Aguero was buzzing and unlucky not to have a couple - took his goal really well. Sane had his best game for a while; passed when he should, dribbled when he should - electric at times, was a definite penalty denied on him. Stones looked decent when he came on in midfield. Bernardo was excellent. Laporte was dodgy, Otamendi not much better. Fernandinho is a worry; no where near last season's form. Amusing moment when their goalie kicked long, Ederson came out but missed the ball and it was Sane of all people sprinting back to hoof the ball off. He put in a shift, did Sane. We left it late but got the job done. Cracking game with both sides very committed to winning. Hoffenheim look decent and capable of a shock in the group stage. Enjoyed that!

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Holier-than-thou

Notice how the Manchester Police jump straight in an arrest the idiots. As opposed to the scouse cops who didn't see anything. Seriously Bob, you're trying to compare that to what happened at your gaff? Desperate

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Notice how the Manchester Police jump straight in an arrest the idiots. As opposed to the scouse cops who didn't see anything. Seriously Bob, you're trying to compare that to what happened at your gaff? Desperate

Yeah it was probably the Scouse cops that were throwing the bottles

It's only the fact you have less fans that the police could get in..

I couldn't give a <deleted> to be honest...it's the level flounce about a busted window. Notice United lad's don't carry on like Jessies.

Edited by BangrakBob

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What are you going on about?

130 days later and your fans are still crying about a reinforced bus being hit by a few bottles. No players were hurt, no fans were hurt.

A week later one of our fans was stabbed in broad daylight outside Anfield. That is a REAL issue.

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

130 days later and your fans are still crying about a reinforced bus being hit by a few bottles. No players were hurt, no fans were hurt.

A week later one of our fans was stabbed in broad daylight outside Anfield. That is a REAL issue.

It seems that Klopp and Liverpool apologised but you think it's a non-issue. The fact that nobody was injured is lucky and not through a lack of trying on Liverpool fans part.

However, if you want to go down that route. I'd think 39 Italians dying is a REAL issue. Seems to be a common thread with violence and Liverpool fans.