Manchester City

mrbojangles

Just now, Kadilo said:

Reported £300,000/ week 

Would he got anywhere near that if he had stayed at Liverpool?

Believe Salah is top earner on 200k and if source is correct and Mane is on 90k I'd be a bit gutted if I was mane.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Believe Salah is top earner on 200k and if source is correct and Mane is on 90k I'd be a bit gutted if I was mane.

Blimey, I thought Mane would be on more than that. Can see some future unrest there lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A very dull game. City totally dominated but there was no magic. Great to see 19 year old Brahim Diaz score both goals. Feel sorry for the Fulham fans; their team offered nothing in the game.

Fulham have gone backwards ever since Dembele came on in our second half win at Wembley.

I didn't really enjoy the game this morning but i did enjoy watching youngsters muric, foden and diaz who all started, and gomes who came on for his debut. Read that we had 2 players over 27: Kompany and Delph. Pep has really reduced the squad average age since his arrival and its been great to see the kids playing these past seasons.

On 10/31/2018 at 3:03 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

I really wonder why Carmine bothers watching football if he considers it's a done deal that City or Chelsea will win the Premier every season based on having the richest owners - if only football was so simple. He sounds a tad bitter.

It is that simple, it's factual, I've posted graphs many times showing this. Since 2004, United and Chelsea have shared the title then all of of sudden City join the conversation and start winning titles because you were bought and a billion pounds was invested to win the title. 

...and we've had this discussion on here many times that pretty much over the decades the wealthier teams have always been more successful - its pretty obvious isn't it, as success generates more wealth so the cycle goes on. I can just imigine Carmine's dad during the liverpool years or the manu years saying whats the point of us playing, theyre bigger, better, wealthier than us and they're going to win Division 1/Premiership. Not much changes Bob. If i can be bothered i might ask my old man who were the big/richest team by decade since the war. Carmine talks as though its a new phenomenon teams dominating or being richer. Just the other day Owl mentioned that Spurs at one point (early 60s i think) were looked upon as the rich club. Arsenal, Sunderland, Everton and no doubt others have all been looked upon at one time as the big, rich, successful club "the Bank of England" team. Nothing changes. Its currently new boys Chelsea and City looked upon that way which pisses off the the 'Big Five' (Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur). In a few years itll be a new cycle. Nothing changes.

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...and we've had this discussion on here many times that pretty much over the decades the wealthier teams have always been more successful - its pretty obvious isn't it, as success generates more wealth so the cycle goes on. I can just imigine Carmine's dad during the liverpool years or the manu years saying whats the point of us playing, theyre bigger, better, wealthier than us and they're going to win Division 1/Premiership. Not much changes Bob. If i can be bothered i might ask my old man who were the big/richest team by decade since the war. Carmine talks as though its a new phenomenon teams dominating or being richer. Just the other day Owl mentioned that Spurs at one point (early 60s i think) were looked upon as the rich club. Arsenal, Sunderland, Everton and no doubt others have all been looked upon at one time as the big, rich, successful club "the Bank of England" team. Nothing changes. Its currently new boys Chelsea and City looked upon that way which pisses off the the 'Big Five' (Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur). In a few years itll be a new cycle. Nothing changes.

Not true,  your success didn't generate wealth, your wealth generated success.

Before the EPL, the wealth came from ticket receipts back in the day, and if you go back in history, the playing field was a lot more level. A lot of different teams challenging year in year out. A bigger mix of clubs higher up the ladder, rather than the regular mini-league that we see at the top now. 

In the modern era, the club in England that has utilized its success on the park is United, and that was as much about timing and vision than anything. 

Your's and PSG's new found wealth is again another level and change in the face of the sport and how it works. Countries investing in businesses in highly visible markets, with otherwise unattainable exposure, with an opportunity to project an image of themselves to the world through this exposure. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nev said:

Haha, yes, that little turd Infantino has been giving them a swerve, not that we didn't know something corrupt and seedy was going on.  The secretary general of UEFA at the time!  Ofcourse he'll wriggle his way out as you would in still an organization rooted in corruption but its going to be rather embarrassing.  I wonder how much he's taken from Abu Dhabi and the Qataris, and we don't even have to go near discussing the world cup.  As i posted a couple of days ago, these bastards have bought into football and are destroying it.

But then again,  i'm just cynical and wouldn't accept that they had been genuinely cleared of any malpractice!!!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine talks as though its a new phenomenon teams dominating or being richer. Just the other day Owl mentioned that Spurs at one point (early 60s i think) were looked upon as the rich club.

Not 'just' a rich club BB. "The Millionaire Club." Without looking it up for details, I think they broke the English transfer record three times in one year. They were also commomonly called The ---s. I don't want to upset Carmine; but evenstevens would/has.

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ofcourse absolute nonsense yet again.  Actually what my dad would have said is something along the lines of United and Liverpool being wealthier because of the vast sums of money genuinely generated via their global fan base.  The likes of City and PSG are financial doping.  If it wasn't for the odious Gianni Infantino both of you should have been thrown out of the CL and other sanctions imposed.  

Your argument has no backbone to it at all.  

Enjoy the newspapers this morning, they think you are talking pony as well.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Not 'just' a rich club BB. "The Millionaire Club." Without looking it up for details, I think they broke the English transfer record three times in one year. They were also commomonly called The ---s. I don't want to upset Carmine; but evenstevens would/has.

was the money self generated?  How long were we the best club, two or three years?  can't really see theres any connection with City or PSG but hey, fill yer boots!!!

Absoulately Boring Tripe !

Just my view

take the EPL top 6 clubs presently for example if they are all lily white .i am a monkeys uncle.

Depends entirely who is the best window  dresser 

Get over it !!!!!

as the EPL will continue as norm

and sheer jealousy will run last

• Like 1

Just now, maximuss99 said:

Absoulately Boring Tripe !

Just my view

take the EPL top 6 clubs presently for example if they are all lily white .i am a monkeys uncle.

Depends entirely who is the best window  dresser 

Get over it !!!!!

as the EPL will continue as norm

and sheer jealousy will run last

Do you not see a club bursting through for one season like Leicester did not so long ago?

9 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

please keep on topic

OK! Sorry!

I just thought that there might be a club out there that for one season could challenge City, and the other big boys.

Any thoughts on this maximuss99?

After 10 matchs a blanket could be thrown over the top 5

therefore Man City are not strolling it in are they ?

I enjoy watching them as they play attractive football 

the usual suspects who say they are doing this or that financially should look at their own club .arguably run by the 2 biggest rorters ever

who have them up to their ears in debt 

just my view 

Edited by maximuss99

Some one will come along and buy a club and be wealthier than the current clubs. Chelsea and Citys owners have shown it is possible. Saudi prince sniffing around ManU currently - what if he buys another club with potential he could build them up. Newcastle in my opinion are ripe for picking.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Some one will come along and buy a club and be wealthier than the current clubs. Chelsea and Citys owners have shown it is possible. Saudi prince sniffing around ManU currently - what if he buys another club with potential he could build them up. Newcastle in my opinion are ripe for picking.

I hear you BB. And I agree.

Newcastle and Sunderland (also) have had their moments. But Sunderland are way back at the present so they'll have to fight their way up before any serious dosh comes along.

The two teams for me that need a rich Sheik's dosh are Leeds and Villa. both have great fan bases and their trophy histories are not too shabby either but again both in the Championship.

Edited by owl sees all

14 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I hear you BB. And I agree.

Newcastle and Sunderland (also) have had their moments. But Sunderland are way back at the present so they'll have to fight their way up before any serious dosh comes along.

The two teams for me that need a rich Sheik's dosh are Leeds and Villa. both have great fan bases and their trophy histories are not too shabby either but again both in the Championship.

What BB fails to mention is operating within the rules.  You also seem to have forgotten the main reason where the problem lies.  Still, you can now read about it in the national papers, its not secret anymore

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

Perhaps you might like to discuss you owners impropriety?  As in what's been plastered all over the papers overnight?  And they haven't even bothered going into human rights abuses!!

I've had a quick look and it seems that The Euro lot have been somewhat lenient with a couple of clubs. Did the FA know all about this? I reckon they did. They have always been useless IMO.

Go on then spill the beans; what about human rights abuses?

It's OK to hint but quite another to find evidence. I'm interested in this. Point me in the right direction with a PM carmine please.

This is is a football forum to discuss football related matters not to promote other agendas.  So how about everybody tries to moderate this forum and we keep out the unwelcome politics, racism, etc, whether that's the recent goings on in the Uk Alfie has mentioned (i prefer not to give a mention), calling jewish or arabs, or the politics of UAE - unwelcome.

Frankly im sick of the anti-arab (rights abuse in UAE) comments aimed at Citys owner and intended to flame City fans. I will in future be reporting them and requesting their removal. I have no problem though with comments about our ownership, our finances, etc.

Just so you know !

Really does stink a bit. The mass of data indicates someone hacked into the emails but what's worse is there is no denial but a we've been hacked" response from both parties. City and uefa.  

All the accountants and sponsorship experts disagree with the level of investment/advertising pumped in and they were ignored so this has got legs now and I hope to see something done quickly. I'd say expulsion from the CL but they ain't got it in them anyway but maybe a 200m fine and a 3 year embargo on transfers. This could do wonders for City youth mind

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Really does stink a bit. The mass of data indicates someone hacked into the emails but what's worse is there is no denial but a we've been hacked" response from both parties. City and uefa.  

All the accountants and sponsorship experts disagree with the level of investment/advertising pumped in and they were ignored so this has got legs now and I hope to see something done quickly. I'd say expulsion from the CL but they ain't got it in them anyway but maybe a 200m fine and a 3 year embargo on transfers. This could do wonders for City youth mind

But a 200m pounds fine would eat up their profits for 20 years ????