Manchester City

mrbojangles

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Answer the question 

And as for this one, there's nought to answer as the argument you are trying to establish is too ridiculous for me to waste time on.  Thats the most honest answer i can give, i'm not fobbing anything,  its simply to absurd a comparison for me to waste time on.

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

And as for this one, there's nought to answer as the argument you are trying to establish is too ridiculous for me to waste time on.  Thats the most honest answer i can give, i'm not fobbing anything,  its simply to absurd a comparison for me to waste time on.

Absurd cos it’s Totts breaking the rules. Aaah, I get it now.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, carmine said:

You've never heard of Der Spiegal?  Really!! i thought it was household name in the publishing world. 

This is brilliant. All of a sudden, totally out of the blue, Carms is a Der Spiegal reader. It has 840,000 weekly readers, so over 82,000,000 Germans don't even bother to read it but Carms has it next to his cup of coffee and his "I hate City" mag every morning. Never (I dare you to prove me wrong) in all the years on this forum, have you ever mentioned them prior to this article. You must think I was born yesterday. They either pop up on your NewsNow- I hate City feed or you've just googled them

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

This is brilliant. All of a sudden, totally out of the blue, Carms is a Der Spiegal reader. It has 840,000 weekly readers, so over 82,000,000 Germans don't even bother to read it but Carms has it next to his cup of coffee and his "I hate City" mag every morning. Never (I dare you to prove me wrong) in all the years on this forum, have you ever mentioned them prior to this article. You must think I was born yesterday. They either pop up on your NewsNow- I hate City feed or you've just googled them

I didn't say i read it, i said i'd heard of it.  As i would think a number on here have.  I've also heard of the Farnkfurter Algemeine (yes, i did have to check the spelling) but i don't read that either.  So just because i'd heard of a newspaper now means that incredible that i've never mentioned it before is it? Really?  The reason i mentioned the article was because it was splashed, top billing on the sports page of the Daily Telegraph, who's editor must have validated the Der Spiegel article and felt it big enough and justifiable to print.  That should worry you too, because contrary to tase partner BB, that is not a tabloid but a reputable broadsheet and i believe the widest selling broadsheet in the country.

I read Time Out occasionally but to my knowledge i've never commented about that on here either.  It that amazing too?

i have nothing against PSG or City as football clubs.  But with regards to what i believe to be the rotten to the core, cheating methods of the owners, well that's a whole different matter. 

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Where i think the confusion lies it this is not an anti City, anti PSG thing as you would like to believe, its anti corruption and cheating that is creating an unfair imbalance and damaging the sport.  And you do want to see fair competition don't you?  Don't foregone conclusions, 5-0, 6-1 thrashings start to get a bit boring after a while, and trying to tell us what a tough game its going to be before kick off when you has a bloke sitting on the bench who probably cost more than the team you are playing?!!  It's just farcical.

You do realise that IF we are found of any wrong doing, we wouldn't have done anything wrong in the Prem. It is only FFP that we are accused of (a rule that if taken to court would be found illegal), not anything to do with breaking any FA rules.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Nah, there's a Der Spiegel subscriber on Carmine's paper round.

Thanks for tipping me off about the NewsNow- I hate City feed; I must check it out after I've read the NewsNow - Spurs Stadium opening soon feed i love.

You could also do with reading the Matthew Syed column, might do you some good and go some way to making you understand just how hopelessly out of touch you are.  Or just carry on making flippant comments whichever takes yer fancy!!

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You do realise that IF we are found of any wrong doing, we wouldn't have done anything wrong in the Prem. It is only FFP that we are accused of (a rule that if taken to court would be found illegal), not anything to do with breaking any FA rules.

Why are you addressing me about this?  Are you now trying to put words in my head?

To my knowledge i have only ever questioned your abuse of FFP.  Why are you trying to question my knowledge of what that includes?

I might as well start questioning your knowledge of the offside rule for what its worth!!!

12 minutes ago, nev said:

Not paying money to read that garbage. Why, you may ask am I calling it garbage without reading it? Well, it's obvious. You posted it and you certainly wouldn't post anything good about City

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Why are you addressing me about this?  Are you now trying to put words in my head?

Because you said this:-

And you do want to see fair competition don't you? Don't foregone conclusions, 5-0, 6-1 thrashings start to get a bit boring after a while, and trying to tell us what a tough game its going to be before kick off when you has a bloke sitting on the bench who probably cost more than the team you are playing?!! It's just farcical.

The above only infers you were talking about Prem clubs not CL clubs. 

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Not paying money to read that garbage. Why, you may ask am I calling it garbage without reading it? Well, it's obvious. You posted it and you certainly wouldn't post anything good about City

You going the right way here to proving his point.  He's actually a very eloquent level headed journalist who always speaks sense in an even handed manner.  I've seen him many time on Sky News press revue and he's well worth a listen.

Your reply summed up his point, you are in denial, blinded by club loyalty.  

So i will try and state one more time;  its not so much about the club, its about the potential illegal practices of the owners, no matter how you try to spin it.  In fact, spinning the we hate line line really seems like all you guys have left.  I just want to see the sport cleaned up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Because you said this:-

And you do want to see fair competition don't you? Don't foregone conclusions, 5-0, 6-1 thrashings start to get a bit boring after a while, and trying to tell us what a tough game its going to be before kick off when you has a bloke sitting on the bench who probably cost more than the team you are playing?!! It's just farcical.

The above only infers you were talking about Prem clubs not CL clubs. 

It that instance i was of course.  And?  You're desperately over reaching for something now.  

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

You going the right way here to proving his point.  He's actually a very eloquent level headed journalist who always speaks sense in an even handed manner.  I've seen him many time on Sky News press revue and he's well worth a listen.

What you on about "I'm in denial". Nothing to do with club loyalty, I just knew it would be about rubbishing City. I've known nev for years and even met him. I hate his posts cos they are never nice about City but he's a good lad off the forum.

Here's a good read for you though. Joe Rogan is very established in his field

https://www.theemotionmachine.com/how-to-stop-being-jealous-of-other-peoples-success/

32 minutes ago, carmine said:

So i will try and state one more time;  its not so much about the club, its about the potential illegal practices of the owners, no matter how you try to spin it.  In fact, spinning the we hate line line really seems like all you guys have left.  I just want to see the sport cleaned up.

Carmine, i know you are very excited by City potentially doing wrong and getting in trouble for that. I get that. But please understand you have us down as guilty already based upon a newspaper report. If that newspaper was The Sun would you believe everything they reported - i believe that lots of people don't believe  a word The Sun report.

Straight up, if City are guilty of wrongdoing  and punished i will accept that (though i dont necessarily believe in the FFP law). But please cease with your nonsense  posts that we guilty UNTIL we are accussed AND  proven guilty.

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Only a german newspaper has ALLEGED City have overstated our sponsorship deals.

2. You can find details of City's  profit for the past 4 years easily enough if you are interested...google is your friend.

Did you have a point?

Why would i have to google it when i have already stated what the profit was for the last 4 years ????

P,s. Not that 40m in 4 yrs was worth getting excited about anyway.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Why would i have to google it when i have already stated what the profit was for the last 4 years ????

P,s. Not that 40m in 4 yrs was worth getting excited about anyway.

Why would you have to google it? Because you questioned the profit. You posted

"Just a quick question ! so if City have ove rstated their sponsorship deals does that mean that they haven't made a profit for the last 4 years after all ?"

The amount of profit was whatever is shown in City's annual audit. If you want to know what it is i suggested googling it. If you know it's 40m in 4 years there's  no reason to question it, it's in the audit. Don't believe we have been accussed of breaking UK Audit laws and regulations ????

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Why would you have to google it? Because you questioned the profit. You posted

"Just a quick question ! so if City have ove rstated their sponsorship deals does that mean that they haven't made a profit for the last 4 years after all ?"

The amount of profit was whatever is shown in City's annual audit. If you want to know what it is i suggested googling it. If you know it's 40m in 4 years there's  no reason to question it, it's in the audit. Don't believe we have been accussed of breaking UK Audit laws and regulations ????

Yet BB....nothing is off the table at this point though. ????

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

p,s. Not that 40m in 4 yrs was worth getting excited about anyway.

You keep on trying to knock and play down our profits. Your not being funny (except maybe to yourself) and all you are doing is showing your lack of business acumen. Even with all those on here who like to knock us at the drop of a hat, have you not wondered why nobody else is agreeing with you? 

Have a quick read of this. It's not a lengthy article but gives a quick insight as to our finances. We are in a very healthy position

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/13/manchester-city-become-second-english-club-record-annual-revenues/

I think this guide to our FFP isn't too difficult for some of you in the lynch mob to understand, but watch and enlighten yourself.

Colin Savage

Colin is a massive Blue, and he is also described as a Manchester City, finance expert.

With thanks to Man City Fan TV Colin spoke about whether the footy leaks documents tell us anything new about FFP and MCFC.

Mr. Savage, during his 11 minute YouTube interview explains, in laymen’s terms the fact that City has nothing to worry about.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1