Manchester City

mrbojangles

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I hope ings has not forgotten about his bet with salah and he gets a couple today and Hughes topples his old club. We can dream and sometimes it can happen.

Dream? You would of barely had time to nod off. 

no disrespect meant and i know you lot are only interested in the result   but have to say that was the most boring prem sunday i've seen, city v southampton was done and dusted after 5 ish mins and i thought the chav's game would be a touch more competative ,, it was but  no where near enuf to make it interesting. shame.

16 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We'll just have to watch and wait as more of this story tumbles out....all highly amusing to me.

A secret Bahamas bank account for Infantino perhaps....? :licklips:

Thats where our owner lives!!!!????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

We don't even have the biggest sponsorship deal.

Just explain this to me. How does a team who haven't won anything in donkey's years (Spurs) get more sponsorship money than us? Something dodgy there me thinks. United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs all have better deals than us.

But that obviously doesn't suit this witch hunt

https://www.90min.com/posts/6101720-revealed-the-10-clubs-who-earn-the-most-from-shirt-stadium-sponsorship-each-year

For starters we are probably far better supported globally.  City may have caught up on the pitch but there's a way to go before the global support catches up.  Take Chelsea as a prime example.

An amazing performance from Sterling. As Pep pointed out he is much more confident and sure of himself. Remarkable also that he never seems to get fatigued. Running full speed at poor Southampton with only minutes left in the match. What a handful he can be for defenses.:clap2:

10 hours ago, carmine said:

For starters we are probably far better supported globally.  City may have caught up on the pitch but there's a way to go before the global support catches up.  Take Chelsea as a prime example.

Global fan base? You on the yabba or what?

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Decided I had to read this, sent to me by my best mate, a City fan...Chapter 2 should be interesting. 

http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346.html

Interesting, but only confirming what we already know. I don't agree with FFP; people should be allowed to spend their money as they wish, not how FIFA or UEFA decide. Telling owners not to put money into the sport is gross stupidity. Can you imagine the organisations that run horse racing doing the same?

And anyway, the clubs will run rings round FIFA in the courts. Look at the 2 Red Bull clubs who were not going to be allowed to play in the same competition a couple of years ago. This season Leipzig and Salzburg are in the same group in the Europa League.

What will be interesting will be the proposed merger of Emirates and Etihad airlines if it comes to fruition. Apparently the Etihad brand will be the one that dissappears. Emirates already sponsor several European clubs, though do not actually own any. Etihad/Abu Dhabi "own" 4 clubs globally, Qatar own PSG.

I read a BBC Sport article yesterday stating that in 2004 Thaksin Shinawatra wanted to buy Liverpool F.C. to be the club of the Thai Nation. Thaksin was Thailand Prime Minister at the time. David Moores chose to sell to Hicks and Gillette instead.

Nothing stays the same forever. There will be a new richest club or clubs in 10 years. Could be Wolves or QPR. Who knows? I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will be Bolton. In the 1930s it was Sunderland and Arsenal.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, champers said:

Interesting, but only confirming what we already know. I don't agree with FFP; people should be allowed to spend their money as they wish, not how FIFA or UEFA decide. Telling owners not to put money into the sport is gross stupidity. Can you imagine the organisations that run horse racing doing the same?

And anyway, the clubs will run rings round FIFA in the courts. Look at the 2 Red Bull clubs who were not going to be allowed to play in the same competition a couple of years ago. This season Leipzig and Salzburg are in the same group in the Europa League.

What will be interesting will be the proposed merger of Emirates and Etihad airlines if it comes to fruition. Apparently the Etihad brand will be the one that dissappears. Emirates already sponsor several European clubs, though do not actually own any. Etihad/Abu Dhabi "own" 4 clubs globally, Qatar own PSG.

I read a BBC Sport article yesterday stating that in 2004 Thaksin Shinawatra wanted to buy Liverpool F.C. to be the club of the Thai Nation. Thaksin was Thailand Prime Minister at the time. David Moores chose to sell to Hicks and Gillette instead.

Nothing stays the same forever. There will be a new richest club or clubs in 10 years. Could be Wolves or QPR. Who knows? I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will be Bolton. In the 1930s it was Sunderland and Arsenal.

I agree with you regarding clubs spending money how they want, but it gets a little tricky when it comes to running football clubs. The one major point of sport is competition, it is why we watch it, it is the basic principle of why it occurs. 

Like many airlines Etihad is bleeding cash. Emirates basically survives due to its incredibly successful airport, that contributes a massive percent of GDP. I'm not sure it will happen though with the whole Arab "face saving/loss" thing. During the global crash, Abu Dhabi bailed Dubai massively, they have the oil. I wouldn't be surprised if Etihad continued as a money pit to save face. It makes sense though to merge under the Emirates brand. 

Yep we should have went with Thaksin, maybe we would now be Abu Dhabi rich ????

For sure things will change but it's this level of ownership that needs to be regulated for the sake of football and competition. I mean if MBS buys United, this whole thing becomes a joke. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I agree with you regarding clubs spending money how they want, but it gets a little tricky when it comes to running football clubs. The one major point of sport is competition, it is why we watch it, it is the basic principle of why it occurs. 

Like many airlines Etihad is bleeding cash. Emirates basically survives due to its incredibly successful airport, that contributes a massive percent of GDP. I'm not sure it will happen though with the whole Arab "face saving/loss" thing. During the global crash, Abu Dhabi bailed Dubai massively, they have the oil. I wouldn't be surprised if Etihad continued as a money pit to save face. It makes sense though to merge under the Emirates brand. 

Yep we should have went with Thaksin, maybe we would now be Abu Dhabi rich ????

For sure things will change but it's this level of ownership that needs to be regulated for the sake of football and competition. I mean if MBS buys United, this whole thing becomes a joke. 

The money earned by clubs....the spiralling transfer fees and wages....the number of homegrown players....the percentage of TV cash siphoned off to grass roots football.

All of these things need to be better regulated including the number of transfers a club can make a season.

Otherwise it will just get worse....much much worse with just likely two clubs at the top of English football and the rest playing for third.

Oh and Bob you won't be one of those two as it stands.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, champers said:

Great post sir!

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Decided I had to read this, sent to me by my best mate, a City fan...Chapter 2 should be interesting. 

http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346.html

Nothings going to be done about it because they have the top man in their pocket.  He ain't falling on his sword for the good of the game.

However, Der Spiegal will be releasing more info.  Should be equally amusing as the first lot.  

Anyway, what are you worried about, according to MrB and Bredbury, they haven't done anything wrong!!!!????

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

interesting to hear Der Spiegel throwing the word "cheat" about a number of times. presumably they have the evidence to back that up.

good listen on it here on the irish times second captains podcast. from about 34 minutes in: 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Wow. You're like a pack of Wolves. Unbelievable

This potentially has huge ramifications.  One in particular concerning FIFA,  still being as corrupt as ever.  

I very much doubt there will be any suing going on either.  Thats just bluff.

This is far bigger than just two football clubs cheating.  Its more about super rich owners buying clubs with the intent of flouting rules and regulations, to create an unfair advantage over others.  We all want to see fair competition do we?  Thats the crux of the matter.

What should worry you that the legal teams representing DerSpiegal, the Daily Telegraph don't seem to have any concerns about you trying to sue them and City's response thus far has been weak and vague.  

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, StevieH said:

wolves are nocturnal animals. this is about doing things in the light boj. surely you want your club to win fairly and squarely right? ????

Interesting this is coming from a German news outlet since they are at the forefront of keeping prices for fans as reasonable as possible.

Meanwhile in the Bedouin tent in Moss Side the camels are showing us their backsides.

The usual Totts muppetts 

having a axe to grind against M/City which in my view has come rather tedious !!!

They should peruse the dealings of Levy.s Enic and Old Bahamas Joe.s Tavistock which controll Totts F C 

makes M/City look like choir  boys

very jealous lot. all down to not winning a crumpet and  a cold  one at that!!

Edited by maximuss99
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

The usual Totts muppetts 

having a axe to grind against M/City which in my view has come rather tedious !!!

They should peruse the dealings of Levy.s Enic and Old Bahamas Joe.s Tavistock which controll Totts F C 

makes M/City look like choir  boys

very jealous lot. all down to not winning a crumpet

And yet they are not are they and neither are they concerned with your view.  Why, well basically because Joe Lewis isn't under investigation.

So, considering posters, and not just Spurs supporting posters as you seem to be suggesting, are discussing leaked/hacked documents regarding City's owners how and why on earth are you throwing Joe Lewis into the frame?  Its quite absurd really.

And you say you have no interest.  So i take it then you have no interest in seeing fair competition, but rather 6-1 routs every weekend?

36 minutes ago, StevieH said:

surely you want your club to win fairly and squarely right? ????

I've said my piece on several occasions and to be honest, it's absolutely tiresome. I'll just let you Hyena's (is that better) to it.

So happy Liverpool are squeaky clean and a credit to English Football

Good luck to Man/City

they have raised the bar

for other EPL clubs to reach  .no difference to Fergie.s golden days at Old Trafford and

playing attractive football which i enjoy

the detractors  of  Man City particular the Tott.s muppets are deluded. due to jealousy  nuffin else 

but

sheer jealousy!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Interesting this is coming from a German news outlet since they are at the forefront of keeping prices for fans as reasonable as possible.

Meanwhile in the Bedouin tent in Moss Side the camels are showing us their backsides.

You are aware i take it that Bayern Munich (German) are at the forefront of the breakaway super league. So what's your point?

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I've said my piece on several occasions and to be honest, it's absolutely tiresome. I'll just let you Hyena's (is that better) to it.

So happy Liverpool are squeaky clean and a credit to English Football

I dont think there's a lot needs saying at the moment. A newspaper reckons it has damning evidence on City, PSG and Uefo and/or Fifa - it may have, it may not have but currently  it's  just sensational  papertalk. PSG..FIFA/EUFA have  denied wrongdoing; City have said nothing. Until and unless the footballing powers decide to pursue the allegations there's nothing for those parties to answer. Nothing to see here ladies  and gentlemen, please move along (or is this a public lynching without due process?).

• Like 1