Manchester City

mrbojangles

47 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I think this guide to our FFP isn't too difficult for some of you in the lynch mob to understand, but watch and enlighten yourself.

Colin Savage

Colin is a massive Blue, and he is also described as a Manchester City, finance expert.

With thanks to Man City Fan TV Colin spoke about whether the footy leaks documents tell us anything new about FFP and MCFC.

Mr. Savage, during his 11 minute YouTube interview explains, in laymen’s terms the fact that City has nothing to worry about.

Wonder how many of the Kangaroo Court members on here will actually watch that. Or simply watch it and state that Colin is in denial. The guy knows his stuff

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Nothing in that video regarding the experts views on your overvalued sponsorship deals I notice.

What are you comparing these "overvalued" sponsorship deals with? What is the benchmark for sponsorship?

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Nothing regarding your chairman sending the sponsorship money to the sponsors so they could pay the club either.

Allegedly    

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What are you comparing these "overvalued" sponsorship deals with? What is the benchmark for sponsorship?

Allegedly    

I am not qualified to compare them....but the reports state those who are all agreed they were overvalued by considerable amounts.

On the second point I am just smiling with glee I admit. :biggrin:

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Absolute shocking penalty decision. That s why VAR is needed. And what that useless git of an extra official on the line is doing, I don't know

I'm praying you make it through that difficult group. :cheesy:

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I am not qualified to compare them....but the reports state those who are all agreed they were overvalued by considerable amounts.

I remember this very same discussion at the time and it was impossible to do a comparison as sponsorship deals at the time (and still are) where going through the roof. Spurs currently get more in sponsorship than us, so how does that work? Oh hang on, I remember, Carms said you have more global support ????

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

So. Now that has been put to bed, I wonder what the City haters will come up with next. Maybe Hollands Pies aren't actually made in Holland

I can confirm that not all Yorkshire puddings are made in Yorkshire.

Hollands. Mmmm. I could polish off a couple of their steak and kidney puds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I remember this very same discussion at the time and it was impossible to do a comparison as sponsorship deals at the time (and still are) where going through the roof. Spurs currently get more in sponsorship than us, so how does that work? Oh hang on, I remember, Carms said you have more global support ????

Its not the same discussion though.

This is regarding the EXPERTS opinion on your sponsors 5 years or more ago when your finances were being closely examined.

15 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Won’t be reading it. Apparently I’m in denial 

Yes you are 100% in denial and have now resorted to not even reading allegations yet still denying them.

Exactly how obviously in denial do you intend to be!!!

10 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I think this guide to our FFP isn't too difficult for some of you in the lynch mob to understand, but watch and enlighten yourself.

Colin Savage

Colin is a massive Blue, and he is also described as a Manchester City, finance expert.

With thanks to Man City Fan TV Colin spoke about whether the footy leaks documents tell us anything new about FFP and MCFC.

Mr. Savage, during his 11 minute YouTube interview explains, in laymen’s terms the fact that City has nothing to worry about.

Some points I wish to highlight form the BBC article below.

Man City: How damaging are the Football Leaks allegations?

- The BBC has not been able to verify the leaked emails published by Der Spiegel…(seems to be an unverified article so far)

- Uefa is now under mounting pressure to act again and demonstrate that such apparent disregard for its rules cannot be tolerated. So far it has refused to comment "due to confidentiality obligations" which it says must be respected, and it may well conclude that its own rules do not allow for City to be sanctioned for a second time after the 2014 settlement. But given the new claims and details, most of which Uefa are unlikely to have been aware of originally, doing nothing will make it look weak, especially when City always maintained they had acted within the rules. Such a denial now appears undermined…

- Uefa are understood to be wary of the threat of a legal challenge by clubs with the resources of City and PSG, and reluctant to weaken their competitions by excluding some of the world's best players. It is also aware of the hypocrisy that exists in football, mindful of the fact that Real Madrid was one of seven Spanish clubs ordered to repay tens of millions of euros of state aid in 2016 after the European Commission ruled that preferential loans to the clubs and deals on tax and property constituted illegal government help. La Liga's condemnation of City and PSG will therefore be viewed in that context.

- Some have suggested that City's apparent attempts to circumvent FFP are nothing more than a canny and understandable exploitation of various loopholes in the rules, and should be viewed with some sympathy, given the controversy surrounding FFP. Established in 2011 to prevent clubs spending more than they earned and getting into financial problems which might threaten their long-term survival, FFP originally limited clubs to losses of £26m over a three-year period. Critics argued it was a restrictive and crude attempt to entrench the status quo, favouring the established clubs with the biggest incomes, and making life difficult for ambitious challengers, contributing to a lack of competition in some leagues. They pointed out that the system allowed for a club like Manchester United to be saddled with hundreds of millions of pounds of debt and interest repayments by its Florida-based owners the Glazers - who also take tens of millions out of the club for themselves each year - yet punished City. This despite the club earning praise for the way it has invested £1.45bn of Abu Dhabi's sovereign wealth since Sheikh Mansour's takeover in 2008, achieving an annual profit in each of the past four years of accounts, developing a respected youth system, and regenerating parts of east Manchester. The fact that a new FFP system was adapted earlier this year, meaning clubs are now prevented from running a deficit of more than £90m/season purely on transfer spending, suggests an acceptance that the original rules were flawed.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46132272 

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ronnie and Alfie you might be interested to know that our 'benchwarmer' has made more appearances this season with 16 is than any other player (Laporte, Fernandinho and Bernardo 2nd with 15).

It's actually 18 but not sure why your telling me for as i don't give a monkeys how many games he plays !

For your info that is 9 starts and 9 times coming on from the bench, perhaps thats the reason some posters have called him a benchwarmer but you'll have to ask them that !

Edited by alfieconn

11 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

It's actually 18 but not sure why your telling me for as i don't give a monkeys how many games he plays !

Arn't benchwarmers used as cover for injured players.  Take a look at who has been injured!!  Is this guy simply taking the piss?.  

I believe the point that has been made from the start is that he is a 60m luxury that would not start in City's strongest eleven.  I swear, with Bredbury Blue its just the equivalent to discussing with a tub of lard.  Does he really think City bought him as a starter over the preferred starting three? 

He was bought as top drawer cover and the more games he does or doesn't start is down to injuries and you paid a whopping 60m for him!!  How can we get that in your head????????????

Edited by carmine

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This is a question for all of the City fans.

How long do you think it will take for you to expect to win the premiership each and every year?

Bit behind the times ain't you Ronnie?!!!

• Haha 1