Manchester City

mrbojangles

Sorry i get you Spurs numpties mixed up from time to time.

Seems it was Mr Shoot Annual who started the Marhez / Benchwarmer nonsense - see below.

Carmine: Post 27002 - "Well lets face it, your bench warmer was playing to give one of the world cup lads a day off....or have i missed something?"

MrBJ: Post 27008 - "Do you really think Pep would have only signed him to warm up the bench? Of course he won't play every single game, not many City players do, it's called being a squad."

Carmine: Post 27010 - "My point is he's not going to be a starter at the expense of your regular midfield is he.  So, in effect, he plays pff the bench.  Its not a criticism, just a fact."

Reread MrBJ's post above. Like most City players Mahez will not start every Premier/CL game - perhaps only Ederson and maybe Fernandidnho and Merlin are in the start every game category. I suspect that Pep's preferred front 3 selection currently is (R) to (L): Mahrez, Kun, Sterling.

PS. Why does Carmine think Mahrez is a midfield player :cheesy: 

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes you are 100% in denial and have now resorted to not even reading allegations yet still denying them.

Exactly how obviously in denial do you intend to be!!!

At least you have now started to call them allegations. Which means at least you recognize we are not yet guilty of anything. This obsession you have with City has got to be unhealthy. It makes me think that you are using this subject and your obvious jealousy of City as an outlet to avoid the realism of what is happening at your own club. Now that is denial

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

At least you have now started to call them allegations. Which means at least you recognize we are not yet guilty of anything. This obsession you have with City has got to be unhealthy. It makes me think that you are using this subject and your obvious jealousy of City as an outlet to avoid the realism of what is happening at your own club. Now that is denial

Is there any point in us discussing this anymore.  Even if it goes to court you are never going to accept the verdict if it goes against you.  The jibe about me now calling them allegations...hmm, really!!

And PeterMik, enforcer of the forum making emoticon comments but not posting anything is just creepy.  Not that he had much to say anyway other than unpleasant cowardly threats from behind a computer screen.  Silly old fella!!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sorry i get you Spurs numpties mixed up from time to time.

Seems it was Mr Shoot Annual who started the Marhez / Benchwarmer nonsense - see below.

Carmine: Post 27002 - "Well lets face it, your bench warmer was playing to give one of the world cup lads a day off....or have i missed something?"

MrBJ: Post 27008 - "Do you really think Pep would have only signed him to warm up the bench? Of course he won't play every single game, not many City players do, it's called being a squad."

Carmine: Post 27010 - "My point is he's not going to be a starter at the expense of your regular midfield is he.  So, in effect, he plays pff the bench.  Its not a criticism, just a fact."

Reread MrBJ's post above. Like most City players Mahez will not start every Premier/CL game - perhaps only Ederson and maybe Fernandidnho and Merlin are in the start every game category. I suspect that Pep's preferred front 3 selection currently is (R) to (L): Mahrez, Kun, Sterling.

PS. Why does Carmine think Mahrez is a midfield player :cheesy: 

So you don't think Riyad Mahrez plays in the capacity of an attacking midfield?

Just to enlighten, he can play wide or central but by your mocking post i'm starting to think you believe him to be a defender.  This is the second City player who's position you seem confused and befuddled by.  Probably has something to do with enormous squad depth that gives you no real advantage. 

Edited by carmine

Its obvious now Mahrez is flavour of the month......KDB isn't really injured but usurped by the new guy and we should name him the new benchwarmer.

Never thought he was good enough for their first eleven anyway.....probably be sold to Huddersfield in Jan.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

So you don't think Riyad Mahrez plays in the capacity of an attacking midfield?

Just to enlighten, he can play wide or central but by your mocking post i'm starting to think you believe him to be a defender.  This is the second City player who's position you seem confused and befuddled by.  Probably has something to do with enormous squad depth that gives you no real advantage. 

When i read your posts you always come across as Mr Angry off Steve Wright In the Afternoon. I can just imagine  you smashing up keyboards  while typing your posts.

Any way i digress.

You posted, about City: "My point is he's not going to be a starter at the expense of your regular midfield is he.". We play a 3 in midfield (from Merlin..Fernandinho..Bernardo..KdB..Gundogan..Foden) or a 5 with 2 wingbacks. Mahrez hasn't and won't be featuring in our midfield  now or the future as hes a wide forward - typically playing wide right to cut in on his stronger left peg. There you go.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

When i read your posts you always come across as Mr Angry off Steve Wright In the Afternoon. I can just imagine  you smashing up keyboards  while typing your posts.

Any way i digress.

You posted, about City: "My point is he's not going to be a starter at the expense of your regular midfield is he.". We play a 3 in midfield (from Merlin..Fernandinho..Bernardo..KdB..Gundogan..Foden) or a 5 with 2 wingbacks. Mahrez hasn't and won't be featuring in our midfield  now or the future as hes a wide forward - typically playing wide right to cut in on his stronger left peg. There you go.

The Mr Angry bit is in your own head so please don't abuse other posters with your own delusions.

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its obvious now Mahrez is flavour of the month......KDB isn't really injured but usurped by the new guy and we should name him the new benchwarmer.

Never thought he was good enough for their first eleven anyway.....probably be sold to Huddersfield in Jan.

The flaw in your silly point is kdb isn't  on the bench unless you extend the bench to mean watching injured from the posh seats.

59 minutes ago, carmine said:

<deleted> sake just call Silva by his name.  Merlin's something a ten year old would dream up..

And the silly Mahrez argument you are attempting and woefully failing to conjure up just plain childish

Your posts are there to antagonize so why complain when you get the reaction you are looking for.  Maybe a holiday like the rest of us get dealt out might mend your ways?

And kindly stop using my analogy about Shoot magazine, get your own material!!

Just go away, preferably

I believe this is the City thread, and I am a City fan and we call David Silva by his nickname Merlin, so it's Merlin ok.

So here you go again. You and I differ in our opinion as to whether Mahrez is a midfield player (you) or a wide forward (me) so you get angry and personal.

On 11/7/2018 at 4:22 AM, maximuss99 said:

Why  may i asked?

On 11/6/2018 at 6:11 PM, BangrakBob said:

Really?  You've not been following the last 2 days on your page? How is United's youth based, driven success under Fergie comparable. How is United's vision and business model of the 90's which turned real revenue, built on the team's success even remotely comparable to your lottery win and what appears to be subsequent breaking of the rules. 

You may maximuss. BB beat you to the question, so I answered him. For your kind reference.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

You may maximuss. BB beat you to the question, so I answered him. For your kind reference.

Many  thks Bob 

my reference used to compare Fergy.s  golden days at M/U to  M/City presently .

is that in my view they remind of  Fergys  M/ U 

set up .

in any order

Stacks of Cash.  Strong in depth and happy Squad .  Arguably the best manager in world football today.   playing attractive football.

Looking likely for back to back EPL wins not acheived in nearly a decade.

doing well in the C/L  so far

Therefore  the very  best of luck to them .despite the Totts Muppets hostlle reception towards them

Due to being led by 2 rorters in Levy and Bahamas Joe =No Cash 

No new Stadium

No silverware

Under paying players

No T/F off season

one more CHOKE out of C/L and back to Thursday nite footy

just sheer jealousy.

its up to all clubs to raise their bar to match M/City splendid position as other clubs did during Fergy.s golden years 

not fold in. like the Totts muppets on this forum

Edited by maximuss99

7 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

Many  thks Bob 

my reference used to compare Fergy.s  golden days at M/U to  M/City presently .

is that in my view they remind of  Fergys  M/ U 

set up .

in any order

Stacks of Cash.  Strong in depth and happy Squad .  Arguably the best manager in world football today.   playing attractive football.

Looking likely for back to back EPL wins not acheived in nearly a decade.

doing well in the C/L  so far

Therefore  the very  best of luck to them .despite the Totts Muppets hostlle reception towards them

Due to being led by 2 rorters in Levy and Bahamas Joe =No Cash 

No new Stadium

No silverware

one more choke . out of C/L and back to Thursday nite footy

just sheer jealousy.

its up to all clubs to raise their bar to match M/City splendid position as other clubs did during Fergy.s golden years 

not fold in like the Totts muppets on this forum

I see maximuss, now I understand and do appreciate your point regarding the football being played.

Regarding bar raising, there are only so many sovereign funds that can spend billions on football, it's hard to raise the bar if you haven't got one. 

• Like 2

Again Bob thks

At the risk of repeating my self Leicster did it

Do feel that The Chavs .Scousers .Gooners  have the funds to keep M/City honest

not to mentioned M/U who have not gone close to replacing Fergy for what ever reason.

As for Totts no way

main reason

Serial  #CHOKERS# lol

16 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Regarding bar raising, there are only so many sovereign funds that can spend billions on football, it's hard to raise the bar if you haven't got one. 

That’s life though Bob. I don’t recall anyone shedding a tear for City when we were skint. And I don’t recall anyone shedding a tear for clubs who are currently poorer than their own are. We are richer than you but you are richer than Everton, who are richer than say Huddersfield. It’s the way it’s always been and I’m just thankful it’s our turn to have the dosh

9 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

Again Bob thks

At the risk of repeating my self Leicster did it

Do feel that The Chavs .Scousers .Gooners  have the funds to keep M/City honest

not to mentioned M/U who have not gone close to replacing Fergy for what ever reason.

As for Totts no way

main reason

Serial  #CHOKERS# lol

Your welcome -  Leicester did do it, but it was an aligning of the planets, when City were transitioning, it will never happen again. The next time a team will knock City off will be the transition from Pep to a new manager. 

Liverpool definitely don't have the funds to compete. We sell, we buy. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

That’s life though Bob. I don’t recall anyone shedding a tear for City when we were skint. And I don’t recall anyone shedding a tear for clubs who are currently poorer than their own are. We are richer than you but you are richer than Everton, who are richer than say Huddersfield. It’s the way it’s always been and I’m just thankful it’s our turn to have the dosh

Ok, but you are owned by a state, with access to unlimited funds to create a group that without doubt has a fantastic business model, but one that cannot be competed with. 

I just don't want to see one team win it every year, I don't even want to watch my side having training matches every week (careful what I wish for at the moment). I want to see competitive matches. 

The gap between the top teams now and the rest is stretching. The old adage, anyone can beat anyone on the day seems to be fading a bit. 

I would just like to see changes to keep it competitive that's all, top to bottom. Difficult to do.

City could win it every year as long as it is not by 20 odd points.

Anyway, you never know, here's hoping you City boys will be laughing at us all, when you slip up through winter. 

13 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

But then again, let's try and take it back to the real situation and not the preference that you like which is to maintain its all just jealousy.

The real question is not about how much money you have.  Its about do you operate within the rules and this is the subject matter within the allegations.  Stop spinning it, it's about FFP, abiding by the rules and jealousy something purely dreamt up by City fans to mask any other concerns they might otherwise have.

13 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Your welcome -  Leicester did do it, but it was an aligning of the planets, when City were transitioning, it will never happen again. The next time a team will knock City off will be the transition from Pep to a new manager. 

Liverpool definitely don't have the funds to compete. We sell, we buy. 

i tried to explain to cobber months and months ago that chokers don't take 39 of their last available 42 points in pursuit of the title.  he of course disagreed with that figure and of course he got that wrong again.  Perhaps he'd do his homework first?

Where we did choke big time as a matter of fact was in last seasons semi against United where we just didn't turn up for reasons best known to our players.  I felt we were the better side that season but well beaten on the day leaving Poch seething!!  hey ho, it happens!!

3 hours ago, carmine said:

i tried to explain to cobber months and months ago that chokers don't take 39 of their last available 42 points in pursuit of the title.  he of course disagreed with that figure and of course he got that wrong again.  Perhaps he'd do his homework first?

Where we did choke big time as a matter of fact was in last seasons semi against United where we just didn't turn up for reasons best known to our players.  I felt we were the better side that season but well beaten on the day leaving Poch seething!!  hey ho, it happens!!

The perfect example of a team choking is Keegan's Newcastle side.