Manchester City

mrbojangles

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I bet they won’t be missed, 4-0 tomorrow 

I wouldn't be surprised at all. :smile:

I'm not a huge fan of Mendy, but a lengthy absence is unfortunate. Still, there's Delph, Zinchenko and Danilo (if or when he's fit).

You're all chuffed about your lad Mane ain't you BBob ? Heck of a player.

37 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all. :smile:

I'm not a huge fan of Mendy, but a lengthy absence is unfortunate. Still, there's Delph, Zinchenko and Danilo (if or when he's fit).

You're all chuffed about your lad Mane ain't you BBob ? Heck of a player.

No I'm not that impressed with Mendy thus far, I expecting more, still he hasn't really had that much EPL experience, he may light it up eventually.

I'm absolutely tickled pink with Mane signing, was getting concerned he might not. Front three boxed off until 2023, obviously doubt any of them will still be around then, but they are here for a couple more seasons and that says something about how far we come under Klopp. Big players are staying, rather than what we have been used to.

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Reading that Mendy is out for as long as 12 weeks. Bernie Silva has a knock and might miss out tomorrow, and possibly the Lyon game.

Presuming that De Bruyne is still injured, does this mean that Phil Foden will get a start?

52 minutes ago, champers said:

Presuming that De Bruyne is still injured, does this mean that Phil Foden will get a start?

Doubtful I'd think. Pep could go with both Mahrez and Sane, or maybe a tad more defensive and insert Gundogan. With Pep its hard to know. Maybe Gundogan is the more logical choice. If he goes with both Mahrez and Sane the formation could be unbalanced.

Gundogan is Peps man so expect him alongside Merlin and Dinho.
Bernardo has arguably been our most consistent player this season and will be sorely missed - KdBs replacement replaced.
We haven't seen a lot of Mendy with his injuries, he doesn't impress defending but let's give him time.
Because of Zaba, Pellegrini and Arnautovic I've watched whu alot this season and they are decent on their day. So away with your wild predictions, I watched City vs geordies rerun on tv last night and we really struggled against a 10 man defence with a big strong lad up front, teams can make it difficult for City and Arnautovic is a top player one of the top 6 should gamble on (like liverpool with shaqiri).

10 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Another cakewalk at halftime. I know I've said it before, but give me Delph over Mendy anytime. Not only is he a better defender, he can slide over into midfield and help out Fernandinho.

It really doesn't matter.

We weren't really that good today. I thought Silva was excellent, Otemendi considering he's just back had a giod game, laporte good as ever, Sterling and gundogan decent 1st half, walker decent, delph and Fernandinho a bit sloppy, but overall we weren't on top of our game. Aguero will be glad it was over. Missed bernardo buzzing around nonstop for 90 minutes. Whu gave us a game and we were fortunate they didn't score.

I agree with jelly about delph n mendy but i thought delph struggled a bit today.

i think the four games at their place we've won 1v17.

See Gundogan and Bernardo (jesus also) haven't travelled to lyon. Be interesting who Pep selects alongside Merlin and Fernandinho. Like-for-like it should be Foden but could he go for Delph or Zinchenko. He must be wary of lyon after the defeat and being away could he play Delph and Fernandinho holding? Curious.

Enjoyed that match last night. Both teams going for it and some excellent counter attacking. Of course that is always going to leave both defences out of shape. Good team Lyon and United could do with a couple of their old players back. Denayer looks better each time I see him play

KdB, Gundogan and Bernardo all out, so who does Pep pick to play alongside Merlin and Fernandinho? Sterling! Zinchenko an attacking midfielder at leftback. Doesn't believe it being conservative Pep, does he.

Great to have qualified after a shocking matchday 1 - good job we don't have to play Lyon every week though.

Seen the highlights and looking forward to watching it tonight.

Watched the game last night. Everything I'd read of the game said we weren't good, etc, but it was more a case of Lyon started brilliantly and gave us loads of problems for 20 minutes until we got in to it and dominated particularly the 2nd half. Had they taken their 1st half chances we could have been buried. The commentator and macmananamanaman said they never felt at any point that City were going to lose.

Lyon are a very good team, especially upfront and gave us our biggest battle this season.

Sterling in midfield did ok but lets play up front please Pep.

There's a few on this forum wetting their knickers about VVD but Laporte has been brilliant and veey much under everyone's radar...simply brilliant again yesterday (hold my hand up, i wasn't impressed last season).

Think that game will have done City a lot of good.

Cracking game especially for the neutral.

Edited by Bredbury Blue