Manchester City

mrbojangles

18 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Think he was just bored jelly. If he was a smoker I think he could have gone through a full pack

I think that is true !! Poor Ederson gets bored standing around and sending exquisite passes to all and sundry.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Are England playing Amnesty International first eleven at weekend

if your gonna critisise at least try to get it right, amnesty arnt a political group they are about  human rights and its REALLY coming to something when human rights activists are concerned about a football clubs activities ,, but you keep burying you heads in your council estate football pitch as it was partly public money that put it there rest assured it aint from anywhere dodgy

3minus2, are you going to post comments about cheating in every post?

Give it a rest will you until someone in eufa or fifa takes spiegels allegations seriously and investigates or charges City.

You have heard of the concept of not guilty until proven guilty we Brits pride ourselves with?

You don't seem to realise that currently newspaper allegations only have been made - even other media like the BbC haven't seen any evidence behind the allegations.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

deserved win and unlike recent other man city  prem games ALMOST competative however doesnt it take some of the pleasure away knowing that your clubs cheated to get where they are ?

I would be careful with the wording on some of your posts. An opinion is one thing, but saying a club as big as City has “cheated”without any real evidence or proof might get you in a bit of trouble if you’re not careful. 

I would  wait until the dust settles if I were you. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I am still lobbying for him to be given a chance to take City's PKs.

The last goalie to be a regular penalty taker in Manchester was Alex Stepney at United. It was the season they got relegated. Just saying.

• Haha 1

Most websites ive seen have Merlin as MOM; seems to have stepped up his game under Pep, plus he now scores regularly and gets stuck in more.

City's website gave it to Bernardo (voted for by the fans); a joy to watch, supreme touch (anybody have a better first touch?) and runs all day.

Either of those two or Fernandinho who controlled that midfield. Slow start to the season but is now back to last season's best. Biggest compliment is he doesn't miss much.

The thing they all have in common apart from talent is great attitude and they don't give up.

MOM wasn't Ederson; rush of blood, but his distribution was amazing as usual - any goalkeeper better with his feet?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I would be careful with the wording on some of your posts. An opinion is one thing, but saying a club as big as City has “cheated”without any real evidence or proof might get you in a bit of trouble if you’re not careful. 

I would  wait until the dust settles if I were you. 

its called narcasism , get over it

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

3minus2, are you going to post comments about cheating in every post?

Give it a rest will you until someone in eufa or fifa takes spiegels allegations seriously and investigates or charges City.

You have heard of the concept of not guilty until proven guilty we Brits pride ourselves with?

You don't seem to realise that currently newspaper allegations only have been made - even other media like the BbC haven't seen any evidence behind the allegations.

and in the west  its called FREEDOM of speech, its absent in  your owners country

but NOT HERE ,,

still no reply on  your clubs antics  'devalueing' where your club are

Just been watching the souness vs rednev arguement with zaba watching on - worth watching - but what has happened to zabas argy/manc accent? It's gone...he now sounds like a spanish waiter. He needs to revisit his Didsbury roots need holiday to get his manc accent back.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/29328/11552013/gary-neville-and-graeme-souness-in-heated-manchester-united-debate

18 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

and in the west  its called FREEDOM of speech, its absent in  your owners country

but NOT HERE ,,

No one is disputing your freedom of speech  rights, get a grip man, what I'm  saying is its boring for you to bring up these allegations - ALLEGATIONS mind - in every post, especially  as you have no idea yet if you are right or wrong as nobody  has examined the ALLEGATIONS. If i was to add in to every post i make anywhere on the football forum that spurs are <deleted> because they haven't won the English  championship for 57 years it would (be factually correct but) get tedious for everybody wouldn't it. We know your opinion on these ALLEGATIONS but give it a rest man, lets see what happens (if anything happens).

26 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

but NOT HERE ,,

The club has replied, they made a statement to the effect the club has nothing to say to the NEWSPAPER ALLEGATIONS. Smart move in my opinion.

46 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The club has replied, they made a statement to the effect the club has nothing to say to the NEWSPAPER ALLEGATIONS. Smart move in my opinion.

http://www.punditarena.com/features/emackenna/mackenna-monday-class-one-thing-man-city-cannot-buy/

What's your take on this article, Pretty well covers what 3minus2 is getting at.

46 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

yeah, but if it wernt true they'de be after a retraction or an apology,, but what have they come out with,,,

9 minutes ago, nev said:

http://www.punditarena.com/features/emackenna/mackenna-monday-class-one-thing-man-city-cannot-buy/

What's your take on this article, Pretty well covers what 3minus2 is getting at.

yeah an interesting quote that sum's some of my thoughts up

'They celebrate as if the deeper pockets of middle-east oil money buying them trophies is some achievement. And they celebrate as the fact that money was made ruining many lives is less important than the fact that their Saturdays are enriched.'

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

but NOT HERE ,,

You sure about that?

Stop trying to act all tough, i appreciate you’re trying to fit in but it’s the internet and its embarrassing. 

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You sure about that?

Stop trying to act all tough, i appreciate you’re trying to fit in but it’s the internet and its embarrassing. 

YEAH i'm sure , the only thing embarrassing is that your arguement has had to resort  belittling , SAD and unsurprisingly rather stupid

but overal like your train of thought, its bizarely off the mark.

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Here's an interesting stat I read in the M.E.N about yesterdays derby.

Phil Foden made more passes in the 2 minutes he played than both Sanchez and Lukaku made put together in their total of 58 minutes

Says a lot about progress made by the two sides since Man Utd really are the only club with the financial muscle to challenge you in that sense.

Their chairman should be sacked if the major concern at their club was football.

I'll leave it there. :post-4641-1156694572:

City were a joy to watch and as carms said you are good enough to win the CL this year....its all clicking into place for you right now.

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Says a lot about progress made by the two sides since Man Utd really are the only club with the financial muscle to challenge you in that sense.

Their chairman should be sacked if the major concern at their club was football.

I'll leave it there. :post-4641-1156694572:

City were a joy to watch and as carms said you are good enough to win the CL this year....its all clicking into place for you right now.

yeah arguably at the cost of english footballs reputation, and you think man city  getting there unfairly is ok ?

8 hours ago, nev said:

Apart from it being another hatchet job on City - flavor of the month that currently isn't it - it doesn't say anything new.

What 3-2 is getting at is what's called a kangaroo court. City have been accused (by a newspaper) therefore they must be guilty.

Kangaroo-Court.jpg

Edited by Bredbury Blue

19 hours ago, jellydog said:

Having Pogba available might have helped some, but with his inconsistent form its hard to say.

I don't think Pogba would have made the slightest difference, such is the gulf between the two sides.  The difference in midfield quality is enormous.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd say when at our best we are probably in with a chance but it's a cup comp and anything can happen in knockout comps. Of course I'd love to win it but if I had to choose, the PL remains my preferred comp.

23 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'd say when at our best we are probably in with a chance but it's a cup comp and anything can happen in knockout comps. Of course I'd love to win it but if I had to choose, the PL remains my preferred comp.

I understand you wanting to play it down a bit but in terms of stand outs City are the stand out.  United can beat Juve, Real Betis can put four past Barca and beat them, Real Madrid are much weaker than they were, Bayern no big shakes....Liverpool are arguably your biggest threat.

i see City being the strongest side from top to bottom and in particular the midfield which is quite simply the best there is. They can cut through any side and they make life so much easier for the defense, and regards them,  i really like the Stones/Laporte partnership.  Put simply, City are the team to beat.  Not how you'd want it but thats the way it is.

Edited by carmine