Manchester City

mrbojangles

9 minutes ago, jellydog said:

C'mon Carmine. You've descended down the rabbit hole with Alice. Though it would be entertaining to see City in the Championship, rolling over every club 8-0 week in and week out.:whistling:

Its not far from what's happening now!!!????

My point is, something major must be done if found guilty and it can't be a fine or a "one year suspension.  Its has to be a statement to others saying don't go there.  if fans can sit back and say they can live with it its not good enough.  Take my point?

So how would a 3 year CL ban aligned with a 3 year transfer embargo sound?

Maybe that would be more workable?

• Replies 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, carmine said:

Its not far from what's happening now!!!????

My point is, something major must be done if found guilty and it can't be a fine or a "one year suspension.  Its has to be a statement to others saying don't go there.  if fans can sit back and say they can live with it its not good enough.  Take my point?

So how would a 3 year CL ban aligned with a 3 year transfer embargo sound?

Maybe that would be more workable?

Your outsized fantasies rival the work of Lewis J. Carroll.

21 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

Brighton and Hove Albion forum is running a thread "Man City - rotten to the core?"  The link below is from the opening post of the thread.  Maybe just a rehash of previously disclosed information.

http://www.punditarena.com/features/emackenna/mackenna-monday-class-one-thing-man-city-cannot-buy/

Sounds like someone else who's obsessed!!

So, lets put on our rose tinted specs and repeat to ourselves one more time;   Nah, its all nonsense, no legitimacy to any of it. In fact, i'm so sure its just the haters making it all up, i'm not going to read anything to do with it!! ???? 

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Sounds like someone else who's obsessed!!

Not really. It's his first post on the subject. Unfortunately it's exactly the same post as was posted the other day . People must be running out of material to post the same article again but I'm sure you'll continue with your tirade

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not really. It's his first post on the subject. Unfortunately it's exactly the same post as was posted the other day . People must be running out of material to post the same article again but I'm sure you'll continue with your tirade

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Cos they're not as obsessed with City as you are.

I was referring to the guy that wrote the article.  regards to Sky, its not in their agenda, they'll just continue with their City and Pep love thing.  The hypocrisy is amazing.  if this is true, its one of the worst conspiracies in football history yet they don't print one sodding word about any of the allegations!!  

Just now, mrbojangles said:

They have, there are several but that one word says a lot.

Whats that....oh yes, actually being able to prove what everyone knows!!!

Anyway, how would you know, how can you even base an opinion because you said you wouldn't be reading any of it so i'm making the obvious presumption that even if the clubs are found guilty on all counts you won't be accepting any of it.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

But, if you were found guilty,  of course you would accept such a punishment.  It's way too weak.  What needs to be done is having a proper message sent.  That would be both clubs demoted to the lower league

Your head is on a different planet mate with all this hatred. What rule would we have broken to warrant that?

I also find totally amazing that you have been slagging off FFP for years and now you think it's the standard that we all should live by.

Jack Pitt-Brooke of the Independent also believes that many other clubs have been doing the same kind of accounting and Steve Bates of the Sunday People says that FFP was put in place to protect the cartel at the top of European football who didn't want new money like City and PSG. Now that's more like the truth of it and what we've been saying since it's inception.

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

because you said you wouldn't be reading any of it so i'm making the obvious presumption that even if the clubs are found guilty on all counts you won't be accepting any of it.

No, I didn't say that at all. You had to subscribe and pay for a link that was posted and I said I wouldn't pay to read that link. I NEVER said I wouldn't be reading any of it. Just that one particular link. Judgement is really getting clouded now and throwing false accusations at me

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Your head is on a different planet mate with all this hatred. What rule would we have broken to warrant that?

I also find totally amazing that you have been slagging off FFP for years and now you think it's the standard that we all should live by.

Jack Pitt-Brooke of the Independent also believes that many other clubs have been doing the same kind of accounting and Steve Bates of the Sunday People says that FFP was put in place to protect the cartel at the top of European football who didn't want new money like City and PSG. Now that's more like the truth of it and what we've been saying since it's inception.

I know its very easy to refer a to anyone that suggest a certain legitimacy to just being "haters"  Thats what you refer to someone when you can neither answer or refute allegations.

Secondly, i like many of us know how flawed FFP is but its put their and regardless has to be adhered to.  Its just a shame that the governing bodies didn't show more due diligence when creating it.

As the days roll by i'm afraid its the attitude and responses of City fans that puts their heads on a different planet.  A kind of blind club loyalty that will ignore and shut out any evidence to the contrary of what they want to believe.  

And can i now gather that because "the Independent" is printing something you want to hear they are not to be referred to as some unknown tabloid rag that no ones heard of, like say the ones that print what you don't want to hear?  

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No, I didn't say that at all. You had to subscribe and pay for a link that was posted and I said I wouldn't pay to read that link. I NEVER said I wouldn't be reading any of it. Just that one particular link. Judgement is really getting clouded now and throwing false accusations at me

Oh sorry, it was the Matthew Syed article in the Times you said you wouldn't be reading. He was saying something none to complimentary regards the attitude of City fans.  

Read this on the wiki FFP page:

The legislation currently allows for eight separate punishments to be taken against clubs transgressing the rules, based in order of severity:
Reprimand / Warning,
fines,
points deduction,
withholding of Revenue from a UEFA competition,
Prohibition to register new players for UEFA competitions,
Restrictions on how many players a club can register for UEFA competitions,
Disqualification from a competition in progress, and,
Exclusion from future competitions

I believe they had an emergency meeting to discuss the proposal to relegate teams to their next domestic league tier. Oorah!

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Read this on the wiki FFP page:

The legislation currently allows for eight separate punishments to be taken against clubs transgressing the rules, based in order of severity:
Reprimand / Warning,
fines,
points deduction,
withholding of Revenue from a UEFA competition,
Prohibition to register new players for UEFA competitions,
Restrictions on how many players a club can register for UEFA competitions,
Disqualification from a competition in progress, and,
Exclusion from future competitions

I believe they had an emergency meeting to discuss the proposal to relegate teams to their next domestic league tier. Oorah!

Sorry but what is you point?

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

Sorry but what is you point?

What, do i have to spell it out to you? Oh well go on then.

People  have been guessing what punishments eufa can impose on clubs. I posted the punishments.

PS. the last paragraph was a joke carmine in case you're not sure.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Whats that....oh yes, actually being able to prove what everyone knows!!!

Anyway, how would you know, how can you even base an opinion because you said you wouldn't be reading any of it so i'm making the obvious presumption that even if the clubs are found guilty on all counts you won't be accepting any of it.

What is wrong with you and 3minus2? You have us guilty before charged...and based solely on a newspapers UNPROVEN ALLEGATIONS.

You say everyone knows. I presume you are saying  everyone knows the newspaper ALLEGATIONS are correct. No they do not! The newspaper made its ALLEGATIONS just over a week ago, nobody i have read in the media has either investigated if the ALLEGATIONS are valid or not, andnobody i have read has charged City with any wrong doing.  I dont understand why you and 3minus2 do not understand this very basic concept of law, not guilty until proven guilty - we haven't even been charged with wrongdoing let alone proven guilty of wrong doing.

There's a certain uk newspaper thats not liked in liverpool that made/makes a habit of sensationalism...it sells well. Other newspapers world wideissue   stories later proven to be wrong. Its not unusual for newspapers to be wrong.

The Spiegel has made news stories out of a bunch of emails it says it has (they haven't published any to my knowledge). Do they have the full story or part of the story. Imagine you have a book of 100 pages and i 'steal' 70 pages, would i know the full story..most likely not.

City are doing the right thing. They have nothing to prove or dispprove to the Spiegel or any other media outlet. If eufa investigates or charges City, THEN AND ONLY THEN will City make its case that the ALLEGATIONS are wrong or they are right.

Talk about a lynch mob...

I don't think he means a lynch mob, hopefully a fully independent investigation,  independent of FIFA/UEFA investigation....but now i am dreaming.  

However, i'm sure "everyone" would welcome that.  Total transparency and all that.

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

I don't think he means a lynch mob, hopefully a fully independent investigation,  independent of FIFA/UEFA investigation....but now i am dreaming.  

However, i'm sure "everyone" would welcome that.  Total transparency and all that.

Hey they admit already lying, cheating and threatening but that's ok so long as the goals keep being scored. :goof:

43 minutes ago, carmine said:

Transparency should be for every club not just City. That should open up a rather large can of worms 

14 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The transparency needs to begin at FIFA and UEFA.

Both rotten to the core.  Still.  It would have to be independent.  

Perhaps i should stress at this point that i know none of this will actually happen!!

Personally i would have no problem with a fully independent investigation by the relevant football authority or a FIFA/UEFA investigation.

I do have a problem with the presumption of "guilty, off with their heads" by the media and those of you on here, based solely on newspaper ALLEGATIONS.

"On 20 March 2012, it was announced that UEFA and the European Commission had signed a joint agreement intended to prevent clubs using the EU legal system to challenge the validity of FFP, for example by claiming that it conflicted with anti-competition legislation. This was an important step because for clubs in countries which are part of the EU, the European Court is the highest authority (above even a nation’s own supreme court) and the ultimate channel by which FFP might be challenged legally.

UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino said, "Let us be clear, this is not a new law … if anyone was thinking of filing some sort of complaint saying FFP somehow restricts European competition law they would have to file it to the Commission. This is a big milestone in the enforcement of the break-even principle"."

In March 2019, post brexit Premier clubs will no longer be ruled by European laws or the European Commission. If any Premier club wished to make some sort of complaint saying FFP somehow restricts European competition law presumably they would be able and not prevented to file it to the Commission or some other legal body (in fact it's likely they would not file to the Commission, not being european, but to their nation’s own supreme court).

Could get interesting post-brexit. I can see a defense strategy forming.

Archived