Manchester City

mrbojangles

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I've yet to watch a highly competitive game of City v the rest this season to be honest but you can't knock their manager as he's brought in some real quality and has them playing excellent football.

Its not healthy overall for the game but then how much is it if a youth policy as Man Utd had back in the early 90's turfs out over half a team of utter quality?

I suppose its far more acceptable is the answer.

in fairness the so called 'yoof' policy that utd had bac in the day was forced on them and a DIRECT result of fa regulation.

• Replies 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man Utd legends sending kids to MAN CITY academy - Stunning Viv Anderson revelation

MANCHESTER UNITED’S former stars are heading across to their rivals in a move that could cement the dominance of the blue side of the city into the next generation.

Nov 20, 2018 

Man Utd legends have their kids in the City academy, says Viv Anderson

Viv Anderson, who was Sir Alex Ferguson’s first signing in 1987 and played for the Red Devils until 1991, first enrolled his 11-year-old son Freddy into the Manchester City academy at the age of six.

And these days there are several familiar faces among the dads on the touchline at youth team games.

“We have Darren Fletcher’s twin boys there,” said Anderson.

Wayne Rooney’s lad was there the other day and Andy Cole’s lad.

We have Darren Fletcher’s twin boys there"

“Freddy went to Melwood with Liverpool when he was four, then he was spotted by City’s academy and United’s. I said he had to choose.

“And nothing compares to the set-up City have over there.

"They are like Manchester United were back in the day. The coaching is so intense.

“Their £230m training ground is world class with its indoor gym.

"The kids get tracksuits and kit worth over £1,000 – it is a completely different world.”

Freddy Anderson also tends to play on the right side like his European Cup-winning father but at least in his current company he is not being singled out because of his family ties.

“Comparisons are not a problem for Freddy, there are that many dads there who used to be players. Emile Heskey’s boys, Michael Brown’s as well as those others,” said Anderson.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1048114/Man-Utd-legends-sending-kids-Manchester-City-Viv-Anderson

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

What Premier League rules are we alleged to have broken?

Just a suggestion but as a mod maybe open a new thread so all this kind of non football related pish can be aired somewhere other than the football threads and leave them for people to discuss football related issues and have a banter. 

Im sure anyone looking in wont be for long when you have to continuously read about this drivel and stuff like Spurs delayed stadium bla bla. 

Lets face it, those that do are posting this stuff are just looking for a quick troll til they move somewhere else. In the meantime everyone else is bored to the back teeth of it. 

Just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Just a suggestion but as a mod maybe open a new thread so all this kind of non football related pish can be aired somewhere other than the football threads and leave them for people to discuss football related issues and have a banter. 

Im sure anyone looking in wont be for long when you have to continuously read about this drivel and stuff like Spurs delayed stadium bla bla. 

Lets face it, those that do are posting this stuff are just looking for a quick troll til they move somewhere else. In the meantime everyone else is bored to the back teeth of it. 

Just my opinion. 

well  well we cant help people with depleted attention spans but what you can do is not to read it or 'ignore' is useful tool  and  of coarse  it's not off topic , you may choose ignorance  but  i prefer not  cos   

when the  best team , ie the champions elect have been accused of cheating by a prestigious magazine and that said cheating has given them an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE OVER THE WHOLE  PREM ,your sori little team of rednecks included  AND CURRENTLY RUINING THE LEAGUE  as i said you may choose ignorance  but i dont   and until its addressed and concluded it's current club topic

3 minutes ago, champers said:

From any time.

Ah, I'm not a City historian so I'm outta luck. If it was a current player I'd guess Bravo, but most clubs from Chile haven't won the Libertadores in a long time...I think. Or, maybe Martin Demichelis ?

44 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Ah, I'm not a City historian so I'm outta luck. If it was a current player I'd guess Bravo, but most clubs from Chile haven't won the Libertadores in a long time...I think. Or, maybe Martin Demichelis ?

Both wrong. Bad luck.

Just now, champers said:

Not Tevez either ... yet. Did win EPL as well, since you ask. There's a big clue.

Sorry. Tevez is right plus 1 other, who is ...?

I have completely ba**sed the question up. It should have been Tevez plus one other. If Tevez wins the Copa Lib this weekend he will be 1st to do Copa Lib ECL Copa Lib sequence.

5 minutes ago, champers said:

Not Tevez either ... yet. Did win EPL as well, since you ask. There's a big clue.

Then it has to be Tevez. Won the Copa with Boca and the Champs League with United. Also won the EPL with United twice and City

Edit:- Posted at the same time as champers above

Just now, champers said:

I have completely ba**sed the question up. It should have been Tevez plus one other. If Tevez wins the Copa Lib this weekend he will be 1st to do Copa Lib ECL Copa Lib sequence.

All's well that ends well Champs. It'll be a tough road for Boca this weekend but fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Then it has to be Tevez. Won the Copa with Boca and the Champs League with United. Also won the EPL with United twice and City

Edit:- Posted at the same time as champers above

And a gold medal at the 2004 Olympics. One heck of a career !

32 minutes ago, champers said:

Totally stumped. I've gone through all the South Americans we've had in my head and can't think of one who has done all that.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't think he won the Copa and definitely didn't win the EPL

The question was just Champs League and Copa, no?

And unless I've lost it completely Robinho was part of the Santos Copa winning team along with Diego, who was the number 10 actually tipped for greater things than Robinho, but faded away into obscurity in Germany.

Archived