Manchester City

mrbojangles

it's crucial that Mancini loses the scarf from around his neck.....and why does he wear it in such an effeminate way. Very off putting for the players. :whistling:

No scarf, Silva on the wing, definate europa place.

it's crucial that Mancini loses the scarf from around his neck.....and why does he wear it in such an effeminate way. Very off putting for the players. :whistling:

i would put money on them finishing above Spurs,what with your Champon league commitments :D

it's crucial that Mancini loses the scarf from around his neck.....and why does he wear it in such an effeminate way.  Very off putting for the players.  :whistling:

I imagine there will be some good buys to be had at City's used player store now that the new models are officially on sale today.

Here's my list of low mileage units that should be advertised soon:

Ireland: Not a poster boy but good play maker.

Richards: Looks like a 4x4 and plays like one

Santa Cruz: Good looking model but not the best handling

Bellamy: Noisy but fast

Robinho: Lemon Alert - recalled 2x in the last 3 years.

The auction begins now, please send your sealed bids to Garry Cooke.

i would put money on them finishing above Spurs,what with your Champon league commitments :D

yes, the fixtures are building up and the season isn't even underway yet. Life in the fast lane, right?

Huge club huge squad........no prima donna.......unstoppable surely save for a high court judge.

Also rumoured on the BBC that City are after Milner and Agbonlahor for a combined fee of 44m GBP !

If I was O'Neill I'd snap Citys hand off !

But Toure and Silva are quality signings.I can see City challeging Chelsea for the title this season....honest. B)

Also rumoured on the BBC that City are after Milner and Agbonlahor for a combined fee of 44m GBP !

Not worth it, nowhere near IMO

But Toure and Silva are quality signings.I can see City challeging Chelsea for the title this season....honest. B)

Stop it Macc, stop it. I've got butterflies and I'm getting all giddy :D

it's crucial that Mancini loses the scarf from around his neck

That scarf was one of the ones used in the Man U derby commemorating Munich. They were given free to all the supporters. United fans also got one (but in Red and white obviously). Before a match on a unusually cold night in Manchester :) Mancini saw it laying around and put it round his neck. It has been the most bought City scarf since.

You sound like Man City's accountant!!!!What a job that must be :whistling:

You sound like Man City's accountant!!!!What a job that must be :whistling:

I think I know how he feels. I've just spent a fortune this week. Just bought myself a GMC Yukon 4x4 Truck with a 5.7L Hemi Engine. Hope the Green brigade aren't reading :D

Hope the Green brigade aren't reading  :D

In Saudi is there such a thing?

Nope. But as I am on a Thailand forum with loads of English speakers etc, I thought there might be some of the PC Greenies loitering ;) Over here, it's the bigger your gas guzzler, the better :D

yes, the fixtures are building up and the season isn't even underway yet. Life in the fast lane, right?

Yep - those 2 games in the qualifying stage before they exit the CL should wear out the Spurs squad for sure - Man City have my vote for this year. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I am soooooo looking forward to this season :)

From skysports:-

Silva seals City switch

City new boy excited by new challenge

Spain's World Cup winger David Silva has sealed his move to Manchester City after undergoing a medical.

Silva underwent a medical on Wednesday in Manchester before putting pen to paper on a four-year deal after leaving Valencia

Silva, who was a member of Spain's World Cup winning squad, is hoping to enjoy more celebrations at City following Spain's dramatic extra-time final win over the Netherlands in Johannesburg.

"I'm very happy with what we did this summer - it's the best time that any player can have," Silva told the club's official website.

"I am looking forward to starting the season with my new team, I'm excited about my new team.

"And I will be happy if at the end we are in the Champions League - or if we win a trophy.

"Roberto Mancini and Garry Cook have told me we are building a very good team with some of the best players in the world and we are going to fight for honours."

Silva has set his sights on establishing himself in City's star-studded side and helping them challenge for the title next season.

"My first target is to get into the team, and then to fight for the league and the other competitions," added Silva.

Ade ready for tough start

City star looks ahead to big season

Emmanuel Adebayor feels Manchester City's tough looking start to the new season could help send out a warning to their rivals.

Having already spent in excess of £60million this summer on new players, City are desperate to turn themselves into title contenders this coming season.

City narrowly missed out on a top-four finish last term, but they remain confident that they will be title challengers come May 2011.

Roberto Mancini's men open their campaign at Tottenham before hosting Liverpool, and Adebayor thinks this could aid them.

"It is a difficult start, but it could be good for us in the sense that we can send out a message," said Adebayor.

"If we go to Tottenham and get a good result and then do the same against Liverpool, it will be good for confidence and it will show that we are title contenders.

"If we are going to win the title, then we should not be concerned about how the fixtures fall.

"There is great anticipation for the coming season."

Ade ready for tough start

City star looks ahead to big season

Emmanuel Adebayor feels Manchester City's tough looking start to the new season could help send out a warning to their rivals.

Having already spent in excess of £60million this summer on new players, City are desperate to turn themselves into title contenders this coming season.

City narrowly missed out on a top-four finish last term, but they remain confident that they will be title challengers come May 2011.

Roberto Mancini's men open their campaign at Tottenham before hosting Liverpool, and Adebayor thinks this could aid them.

"It is a difficult start, but it could be good for us in the sense that we can send out a message," said Adebayor.

"If we go to Tottenham and get a good result and then do the same against Liverpool, it will be good for confidence and it will show that we are title contenders.

"If we are going to win the title, then we should not be concerned about how the fixtures fall.

"There is great anticipation for the coming season."

I wonder if he will be talking so much when City sign a new centre forward ;)

Who are we going to end up buying??????

Bookies are seldom wrong!!! Balotelli is 1/20 to join us!!!! That seems pretty much cut and dry to me!!

David Luiz, defender from Benfica is 1/3...... again pretty much guaranteed.

And according to the odds, there is a bigger likelihood of Tevez going to Real Madrid, than Fabregas going to Barca!!! (hope not)

All in all, theres gonna be plenty of excitement at Eastlands this season!!!

david luiz is really, really good. hope you don't get him. i'm thinking of having a flutter on city for the title next season, your squad is so good. if you had a slightly more convincing manager i'd be even more convinced.

david luiz is really, really good. hope you don't get him. i'm thinking of having a flutter on city for the title next season, your squad is so good. if you had a slightly more convincing manager i'd be even more convinced.

I have not seen him play, but when the bookies say 1/3......... they are normally not far off the mark!!

Trouble is, when you have so many jewels, picking the right combination takes good management skills.

Like you I m still not convinced with Mancini

I;m on the fence with Mancini but this season we'll know, boys. Taking over a squad half way through a season is always hard due to the team you have inherited. We'll see if he can cut the mustard this year.

What i'm interested to know is whether Mancini is calling the shots on the choice of players being bought in. Theres no doubting the quality but he's the man thats supposed to gel them into a team. I say this as i remember all to well the ridiculous situation at Tottenham when Damian Commoli was going out on his own and simply handing over players that Martin Jol did,nt even want! Mindyou, with the quality coming into City, does that matter?!

I;m on the fence with Mancini but this season we'll know, boys. Taking over a squad half way through a season is always hard due to the team you have inherited. We'll see if he can cut the mustard this year.

What i'm interested to know is whether Mancini is calling the shots on the choice of players being bought in. Theres no doubting the quality but he's the man thats supposed to gel them into a team. I say this as i remember all to well the ridiculous situation at Tottenham when Damian Commoli was going out on his own and simply handing over players that Martin Jol did,nt even want! Mindyou, with the quality coming into City, does that matter?!

I just wonder how many more will City buy this summer??? :o

What i'm interested to know is whether Mancini is calling the shots on the choice of players being bought in.  Theres no doubting the quality but he's the man thats supposed to gel them into a team.  I say this as i remember all to well the ridiculous situation at Tottenham when Damian Commoli was going out on his own and simply handing over players that Martin Jol did,nt even want!  Mindyou, with the quality coming into City, does that matter?!

I hear 3 more strikers are on the way. Gonna play 6-4-1 this year. 

Allegedly, he has a say as to the type of player he wants and draws up a shortlist. As for other players that are proposed, the scouts usually come up with any potentials. That is their job after all.

Must admit, I am getting excited for this season. As you say, there is a lot of quality coming in. :D

What i'm interested to know is whether Mancini is calling the shots on the choice of players being bought in.  Theres no doubting the quality but he's the man thats supposed to gel them into a team.  I say this as i remember all to well the ridiculous situation at Tottenham when Damian Commoli was going out on his own and simply handing over players that Martin Jol did,nt even want!  Mindyou, with the quality coming into City, does that matter?!

I hear 3 more strikers are on the way. Gonna play 6-4-1 this year. 

Cant do that, its 1 player too many.. :rolleyes: