Manchester City

mrbojangles

Does the FA have a view about EPL sides breaking UEFA FFP rules?

No. Not yet at least.

We are all competing against City in the EPL.

Is it fair?

I sincerely hope as a Chelsea fan, you are saying that with your tongue firmly in your cheek. Don't worry, in a couple of years we will also be adhering to the rules, when we have had as long as your huge spending owner.

We all know that Chelsea were lucky and had FFP come in a few years earlier you would have had no chance of adhering. No other teams now will be able to get a rich owner who can throw money at them. Those who are poor now will remain so for eternity and I think that sucks just as much as those who believe it sucks for clubs with rich owners.

Chelsea have been FFP compliant since 2010.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge of things Chelsea but I did say 3 years ago so wasn't far out. It therefore took you approx. 7 years to get your books straight after him throwing money at you. We are just following the pattern but being punished for it due to FFP.

Did Chelsea spend before then put us at an unfair advantage in 2013-14?

Well it certainly did 10 years ago, wouldn't you agree?

The Worlds best launderers since 2008

Hey Red, I've sent you a pm. We have something that needs settling matey wink.png

That sounds interesting facepalm.gif ????? Nothing to do with the Dosh league ?? thumbsup.gif I SUSPECT ...wai2.gif

BTbiggrin.png

The Worlds best launderers since 2008

Hey Red, I've sent you a pm. We have something that needs settling matey wink.png

That sounds interesting facepalm.gif ????? Nothing to do with the Dosh league ?? thumbsup.gif I SUSPECT ...wai2.gif

BTbiggrin.png

No BT. It was a one-on-one wink.png

I'll bow to your superior knowledge of things Chelsea but I did say 3 years ago so wasn't far out. It therefore took you approx. 7 years to get your books straight after him throwing money at you. We are just following the pattern but being punished for it due to FFP.

You are evading the point mrbojangles.

Once FFP came in, Chelsea became compliant. Since 2010 Chelsea have been playing to the whistle.

City haven't. They have been nicked for breaking the rules since 2010. They have been given a yellow card. Some people might argue it should be a red.

Chelsea's big spending between 2003 and 2010 has got nothing to do with City's failure to comply with UEFA regs.

Chelsea have been compliant. City have not.

Your apparent sympathy for less well off clubs is perverse and hypocritical.

wai2.gif

Anyway, what do you think of my updated Riyadh Blues logo. Serious suggestions welcome as it's off to the embroiderers this week to get put on a load of polo shirts biggrin.png

attachicon.gifCity Logo 2014.jpg

I like it, pretty well sums city up, formed 2008 and posting what you have won since then, this city is a completely different city than before then and your history before has been forgotten its all about racking up trophy's as quick as you can you jcl'stongue.png

• Like 1

Anyway, what do you think of my updated Riyadh Blues logo. Serious suggestions welcome as it's off to the embroiderers this week to get put on a load of polo shirts biggrin.png

attachicon.gifCity Logo 2014.jpg

I like it, pretty well sums city up, formed 2008 and posting what you have won since then, this city is a completely different city than before then and your history before has been forgotten its all about racking up trophy's as quick as you can you jcl'stongue.png

It's Riyadh Blues that was formed in 2008 nev, the year I came here we set it up. The trophy cabinet was still baron for 3 years after. biggrin.png

You are evading the point mrbojangles.

Once FFP came in, Chelsea became compliant. Since 2010 Chelsea have been playing to the whistle.

City haven't. They have been nicked for breaking the rules since 2010. They have been given a yellow card. Some people might argue it should be a red.

Chelsea's big spending between 2003 and 2010 has got nothing to do with City's failure to comply with UEFA regs.

Chelsea have been compliant. City have not.

Your apparent sympathy for less well off clubs is perverse and hypocritical.

wai2.gif

I'm either not explaining myself good enough or you are purposely overlooking the point I'm making.

I'm not evading anything. They say that we broke the rules and we have been punished. OK fair enough, we will have to comply. Accepted, no evading the point. Crystal clear, no grey area.

As for Chelsea. I know you have been compliant, I know that, I repeat for absolute clarity that I know that. The point I was making is that now FFP has come in, no other club will ever the benefit that both Chelsea and Man City (to name just two) have had, in that a rich owner can no longer come in and invest a huge amount of dosh in a club, to try and play catch up with the big boys at the top.

Surely you cannot deny that without the money Abramovitch put in the club 10 years ago, you would not be where you are now. I'm not having a dig at Chelsea, they (and City) have been lucky to effectively have won the lottery. However, now with the FFP no other club will be able to do that. Effectively, that means those already at the big table stay there and there ain't no room left for any other smaller club. Personally, I think that is a shame as in any other business, a new owner can come in and invest as much as he likes to grow the business. It's something I personally believe is how it should be, nothing hypocritical about it.

• Like 1

I can't believe you are getting a load of polo shirts done for just you and your mrs (Riyadh Blues) tongue.png

Don't forget my daughter who I have successfully brainwashed. First took her to the Stadium and City store when she was 2 days old. thumbsup.gif

Seriously though, we have a lot of expats here and there are quite a few City fans. There are normally quite a lot of United fans but this year for some reason they have been missing uring matches in the watering hole!! There's a good contingent of Liverpool fans here as well and to be fair, they turn up every match.

I can't believe you are getting a load of polo shirts done for just you and your mrs (Riyadh Blues) tongue.png

Don't forget my daughter who I have successfully brainwashed. First took her to the Stadium and City store when she was 2 days old. thumbsup.gif

Seriously though, we have a lot of expats here and there are quite a few City fans. There are normally quite a lot of United fans but this year for some reason they have been missing uring matches in the watering hole!! There's a good contingent of Liverpool fans here as well and to be fair, they turn up every match.

Looking forward to our first clash of 2014/15 wink.png

Looking forward to our first clash of 2014/15 wink.png

thumbsup.gif

I'm not evading anything. They say that we broke the rules and we have been punished. OK fair enough, we will have to comply. Accepted, no evading the point. Crystal clear, no grey area.

You've been let off easy

In your view but not in mine. What do you think we should have got?

Anyway, highlight of the year at the Etihad Stadium this weekend - Superleague's Magic Weekend - all seven rugby league fixtures in one stadium over the weekend.

The Hull derby last night went the way of Rovers, while Wigan beat Leeds. I'm enjoying a replay of Widnes Salford, and looking forward to St Helens - Warrington this evening.

SC

You've been let off easy

What Platini said rulebreakers would get.

A ban from European football every year you breach the rules.

This should apply to every team that does it.

The loss of revenue would be the fine.

• Like 2

Anyway, highlight of the year at the Etihad Stadium this weekend - Superleague's Magic Weekend - all seven rugby league fixtures in one stadium over the weekend.

The Hull derby last night went the way of Rovers, while Wigan beat Leeds. I'm enjoying a replay of Widnes Salford, and looking forward to St Helens - Warrington this evening.

SC

Seriously? Isn't there an egg chasing thread?

You've been let off easy

What Platini said rulebreakers would get.

A ban from European football every year you breach the rules.

This should apply to every team that does it.

The loss of revenue would be the fine.

I would have preferred that in all honesty. Of course I like us playing in the Champs League but to me, at the moment the Prem is more winable and I would much prefer us to focus on that than have a possible depleted side open to injuries through the amount of games we have to play. We shouldn't have haggled and should have just put two fingers up at Platini and told him we will diqualify ourselves. But then again, I can be a right stubborn git.

SC

blink.png W T F

When did the City thread become the egg chuckin thread, I know their footie was shi--te for years but, they're ok now.

Honest.... ;)

redrus

• Like 1

SC

blink.png W T F

When did the City thread become the egg chuckin thread, I know their footie was shi--te for years but, they're ok now.

Honest.... wink.png

redrus

The slight link to it being on topic is that it is being played at the Etihad. Oh and there'll probably be a Trophy or two present as well tongue.png

The wife, 2 sons and I watched the final games in the Un Irish pub Chiangmai.lots of liverpool supporters in the bars on that street. Had a chat with a couple of them at halftime. Seemed decent lads. We were probably the only blues there. Had a great night. Where did you fellow blues watch it?