Manchester City

mrbojangles

pardon my ignorance mrtoad ,

really ????

No problem mid, my initial understanding was that players are only eligable for a work permit if they have played 75% of International matches in the last two years and the country is ranked on average over the last two years in the top 70 of the FIFA rankings. Thailand are currently ranked at 107 and have not been in the top 70 for some time. Had this discussion with thescouser here who confirmed this to be the case and he reckons they will not be elligable.

Even if true, it would surprise me if these rules are written in stone.

Where is the best place in Bangkok to see the derby on Sunday?

i would go for the sports bar in sukumfit not sure on the soi 5 or 7 i think amari on the corner go up soi on the right guillvers its called big place teles and big screen

Thanks...I will look that place up!

really ????

No problem mid, my initial understanding was that players are only eligable for a work permit if they have played 75% of International matches in the last two years and the country is ranked on average over the last two years in the top 70 of the FIFA rankings. Thailand are currently ranked at 107 and have not been in the top 70 for some time. Had this discussion with thescouser here who confirmed this to be the case and he reckons they will not be elligable.

Ther have been planety of better players who have been refused work permits, so I think they will certainly struggle to get them. WP(UK) will not be influenced by anyone other than the guidelines written down which from my undersatnding has limited amounts of discretion.

really ????

Ther have been planety of better players who have been refused work permits, so I think they will certainly struggle to get them. WP(UK) will not be influenced by anyone other than the guidelines written down which from my undersatnding has limited amounts of discretion.

Do these 3 Thai lads need to do visa runs to Scotland at the end of every month? :o Sounds worse than going to Poipet!!!

I can't see it myself but I would love to see City stuff United today! :o

City can emulate Chelsea - Ferguson

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted there is no reason why Manchester City should not follow Chelsea's lead and become a major Barclays Premier League force.

New City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has already splashed out £40million on eight new players after being placed in charge by new owner Thaksin Shinawatra, with the promise of more to come ahead of the August 31 transfer deadline.

The response has been instant, with successive victories over West Ham and Derby putting City in confident mood ahead of Sunday's Eastlands clash with local rivals United.

For almost Ferguson's entire 21-year reign as Old Trafford boss, United have dominated City.

But, while the Scot does not believe the Blues will be pushing for a top-four berth this term, he accepts Shinawatra's vast wealth could make them big players in the future.

"In the long term, as Chelsea have proved, if you have enough money and buy the right players, you can do it," he said.

"Maybe this is just the start. Apparently this guy has so much money, so who knows what is ahead. He might end up bringing in some higher profile, big international stars."

Despite investing heavily himself this summer, Ferguson finds his own options restricted.

Cristiano Ronaldo begins a three-match ban following his dismissal at Portsmouth, joining Gary Neville, Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha, Anderson and Owen Hargreaves on a long list of absentees.

Hargreaves' recovery from a tendonitis problem is proving frustratingly slow, although Ferguson is confident the £18million summer arrival from Bayern Munich will not need to have an injection.

With so many absentees, Ferguson will place his trust in Carlos Tevez, who performed creditably on his debut at Portsmouth, setting up Paul Scholes for United's opener.

Unfortunately for the Red Devils, they were unable to hold on and were eventually forced to settle for their second draw of the campaign, falling four points behind Chelsea already.

It is hardly the ideal start for United but Ferguson is struggling to find fault with his side's performances so far.

"I am looking at the form of the team and at the final whistle I am saying 'well done lads', yet we are dropping points," he said.

"That is frustrating because the performance level has been very good.

"The important thing now is to be patient now and rely on the experience of the staff and the players coming right."

really ????

Those are the rules. Several much higher profile players have fallen under this spell. I remember when Leeds signed Lucas Radebe and Phil Masinga from South Africa years ago, the latter couldn't get a work permit for a while until he'd been picked by SA a few more times.

I think the Thai trio is more than a PR stunt though - they will be there to get experience, train (unpaid) with the team and generally enhance their exposure.

Priceless:

4zaq593.gif

:o The rags enter the relegation zone.. 6 pointer coming up with Spuds next week.

Yeah, I loved that moment too.

Great result and performance from Citeh. Well done to you guys. I thought Micah Richards and Dunne were truly outstanding, Dunne particularly so in the last 15 minutes. Gutsy, strong and determined.

Do these 3 Thai lads need to do visa runs to Scotland at the end of every month? ohmy.gif Sounds worse than going to Poipet!!!

I think they need . and after 3 entries they need to be back in Bangkok for a new visa's hahahaha

Do these 3 Thai lads need to do visa runs to Scotland at the end of every month? ohmy.gif Sounds worse than going to Poipet!!!

I think they need . and after 3 entries they need to be back in Bangkok for a new visa's hahahaha

I just hope that the 3 lads hold at least a Bachelor's degree and have provided a police clearance check from the Thai police.

We don't want uneducated pedophiles entering the UK now, do we? :o

Speechless!!

No, i really mean it. Did so much celebrating last night i've lost my voice. And for a change the Reds fans took it in good spirits.

Before the match an interview with a city fan.

Reporter - "so how do you think you'll do"

City fan - "it will be typical city, we'll probably lose. We always do to the teams at the bottom of the league"

:o:D Priceless

• Like 1

Barclays Premier League Table :o

19 August 2007 17:55

...............P GD PTS

1 Man City 3 4 9

2 Chelsea 3 2 7

3 Wigan 3 3 6

4 Everton 3 2 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Portsmouth 3 2 5

6 Newcastle 2 2 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Arsenal 2 1 4

8 Blackburn 2 1 4

9 Liverpool 2 1 4

10 Reading 3 0 4

11 Sunderland 3 -2 4

12 Tottenham 3 1 3

13 Fulham 3 -1 3

14 Middlesbrough 3 -1 3

15 West Ham 2 -1 3

16 Man Utd 3 -1 2

17 Aston Villa 2 -1 1

18 Birmingham 3 -2 1

19 Derby 3 -5 1

20 Bolton 3 -5 0

Edited by mrbojangles

I can't see it myself but I would love to see City stuff United today! :D

Your wish is our command Seapok :D:o

Thanks for that Mr B, great result!, shame we couldn't nick all 3 points.

1 point is better than none. I was laughing when we were awarded that pen!! :D

I can't see it myself but I would love to see City stuff United today! :D

Your wish is our command Seapok :D:o

Thanks for that Mr B, great result!, shame we couldn't nick all 3 points.

1 point is better than none. I was laughing when we were awarded that pen!! :D

Yeah the penalty was a steal but i'm sure you'll happily take the refs mistake :D

• Like 1

Match report from the BBC:- P.S. The smileys are from me not the BBC :o

Man City 1-0 Man Utd :D

Manchester City made it three Premier League wins out of three this season with a shock win over rivals United.

United dominated the derby from the off and Nani forced Kasper Schmeichel into two good saves as City hung on.

The home side had created nothing until they took the lead when Geovanni's shot deflected home off Nemanja Vidic. :D

Vidic hit the bar and Carlos Tevez saw a late header fly wide but City, led by the impressive Micah Richards, :D held out and United are still winless this term

Sir Alex Ferguson's side have taken only two points from their first three league games and the champions lie seven points behind City, who are at the summit of the table.

It has been a perfect start for the Blues and their new boss Sven-Goran Eriksson, who is yet to see his hastily-assembled side concede a goal.

That statistic seemed unlikely early on as United started like a train and, with City struggling to keep the ball let alone create anything with it, it seemed only a matter of time before they took the lead.

Inside the first five minutes Nani forced an instinctive block out of Schmeichel and the young keeper did well to hold a firm shot from the same player soon afterwards.

United had set up camp inside City's half by now and another neat move set Patrice Evra running clear - only for him to slice his shot horribly wide.

City, who had lost Valeri Bojinov to injury early on too, were simply hanging on and if it had not been for the brilliant Richards they would surely have collapsed.

England coach Steve McClaren is short of centre-backs for Wednesday's friendly with Germany and he will surely be glad he can call on the 19-year-old City defender to play there, if needed.

Richards, nominally a right-back, began the season in the centre under Eriksson and has emerged as a real star of the new City regime.

He made one brilliant tackle to deny Tevez as the Argentine closed in on goal and then made a timely clearance after Schmeichel had dropped a Ryan Giggs cross.

But at the other end, City were still creating absolutely nothing and it was a total shock when they took the lead in the 31st minute.

With United's defence backing off, Elano fed Geovanni, who let fly with a 25-yard shot that spun off Vidic's back and swerved into the corner of the net.

If anything, City controlled the remainder of the half but United were soon threatening again after the break.

Vidic beat Richard Dunne to Giggs' corner but saw his header cannon off the crossbar before another dangerous Giggs cross was somehow cleared from danger by Richards.

Yet more United possession followed and Tevez went close to levelling when he flicked another Giggs ball agonisingly wide. :D

But the goal would just not come for Ferguson's men and their frustrating afternoon was summed up in injury time.

Another Giggs corner found its way to Tevez at the far post but the striker could not react quickly enough to find the target with his header and City survived again.

• Like 1