Manchester City

mrbojangles

Have a good one up in the Boonies tonight Mr BoJ, tricky game but you should get someting out of it.
Have a good time up in the boonies Mr B , hope you managed to catch your train on time :D .

Hi guys, managed to watch the first 60 mins then the heavens opened in the boonies. Rain stopped reception....wish it would have stopped play :D

More Arrest Warrants Issued For Shinawatra

Hey red, keep that political <deleted> outta this forum :D

Wh (Bo) o (n) me....? :o:D

redrus

I just wish we had someone who could take free kicks!! :o

Think we found our man today!

Best performance of the season. We were a bit shaky at the back, micah's still believing the hype and is a lesser player because of it. Thought Hamann (once again), Elano and Mpenza were brilliant. Enjoyable game but had me biting my nails for the most part - we now seem to hold on to games (fulham apart) unlike the City of recent years. There are times when our football is breathtaking. Weakest links currently are Ireland and before today i would have send Petrov but he seems to have come good in the last 2 games. Elano - awesome footballer!!!

i wonder if boston barry cares that ManCity won 3:1??

:o

Probably celebrating with a Budweiser as we speak. :D

Boddington's actually Toaddie :D

It all went pear shaped yesterday. Watched the match and then an all dayer ensued.

Some of the one touch passing was just...well....erm...special. That's all i can say. It was marvellous. The pundits are now calling us the neutral's favourite to watch :D

For me though, a couple of weak links in Johnstone and Mpenza. Yeah i know Mpenza scored but he fluffed other opportunities and i don't think he has pace.

Tell you what, earlier in the season i was suffering from vertigo but i've quickly got over that and now i quite like heights :D

Full report from the bbc on yesterdays game:-

Man City 3-1 Newcastle

Brazilian Elano delivered a virtuoso display as Manchester City earned a richly deserved win against Newcastle.

Obefami Martins put Newcastle ahead with a clever lob after 28 minutes, but Martin Petrov scored at the far post to put City level before the interval.

Emile Mpenza headed home Petrov's perfect cross to give City the lead two minutes after the interval.

And Elano, who was City's orchestrator, hammered home a 25-yard free-kick three minutes from time to seal victory.

Both managers made a change of goalkeeper, with Shay Given getting his first Premiership start under Sam Allardyce instead if Steve Harper, while Joe Hart took over from Kasper Schmeichel for Sven-Goran Eriksson's City.

And both were involved in a hugely entertaining first 45 minutes, with City in particular producing some glorious football.

Elano unveiled some magical touches, forcing a fine save from Given after 11 minutes, but it was Newcastle who took the lead against the run of play 17 minutes later.

Martins pulled down Geremi's long ball instantly and then lobbed the advancing Hart to score.

Hart then gave City a scare when he miscontrolled a back-pass and was forced the hack the ball to safety from the goal-line.

City were unfortunate to be behind, but drew level eight minutes before the interval with a superbly-constructed goal from Petrov.

Elano, inevitably, released Stephen Ireland and he crossed perfectly for Petrov to score at the far post.

Given was then forced to make a vital block from Ireland after Newcastle's defence was unlocked by another killer pass from Elano.

City picked up the attacking theme after the break and were ahead almost instantly after the re-start.

Petrov's pace left Steven Taylor trailing hopeless in his wake, and once again the delivery was perfect for Mpenza to head home.

City suffered a setback after 57 minutes when Vedran Corluka limped off with a groin injury, to be replaced by Nedum Onuoha.

Newcastle were struggling to get a foothold in the game, but Martins gave them some hope by firing narrowly wide.

City were still dangerous on the break, however, and Micah Richards should have done better than shoot straight at Given with 11 minutes left, with Ireland waiting completely unmarked.

Mpenza then shot wide as City pressed in a bid to score the third goal that would have made the points secure.

It was fitting that the brilliant Elano sealed City's victory with a stunning strike in the 87th minute.

Elano stepped up and simply rifled a 25-yard free-kick past Given into the top corner to clinch a fine win.

He was then replaced by Eriksson to ensure he took his own salute from City's fans, and was deservedly given a standing ovation for a master-class.

#

Manchester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson:

"This team is very good and when they play more games together they will get even better. It's good and I like to see them play football.

"It was a very good performance so I'm very happy and we could have scored more goals. But I am delighted - good football.

"The third goal from Elano was fantastic. You have to have class feet to score a goal like that from such long range."

#

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce:

"Elano's goal was wonderful, but the first two goals we conceded were suicidal.

"The second right after half-time was a real mess up and you get desperate as time goes on and you throw people forward.

"There was a lack of understanding, but we will just keep working on that. We need to make everyone more and more aware of the demands the Premier League makes."

mr b o. get used to ur vertigo as i can see you lot piping chelsea for a champions league place the way you are playing,hard to say for a red but you looked good yesterday.

He said through gritted teeth :o

I tell you what MrBJ, after watching the City match with a few Thai mates on Saturday night made the rest of the evenings games a very boring affair, in fact like you, we ended up on a session rather than watching the rest of the footy properly :D Newcastle were well beaten.

Although Joe Hart made the old ticker miss a beat or two :o

mr b o. get used to ur vertigo as i can see you lot piping chelsea for a champions league place the way you are playing,hard to say for a red but you looked good yesterday.

no gritted teeth mate.

but this did make me chuckle..

united have treble pics.

liverpool 5 european cup pic's.

city on there web site have 1999 play off tropthy pics.

they are offering tours of there trophy room, two for one deal fiver to get in,before the derby game you can have your pic taken with this special trophy. :D:D:D

Edited by nev

I tell you what MrBJ, after watching the City match with a few Thai mates on Saturday night made the rest of the evenings games a very boring affair, in fact like you, we ended up on a session rather than watching the rest of the footy properly :D Newcastle were well beaten.

Actually, i thought the whole of the defence was shaky, and Nedum looked petrified when he came on. I tend to think Dunne and Corluka with Micah right back might be a better combination particualry as Micah tends to ball watch a little.

Overall its looking good, looking good.

no gritted teeth mate.

united have treble pics.

they are offering tours of there trophy room, two for one deal fiver to get in,before the derby game you can have your pic taken with this special trophy. :D:D:D

Trophy Room :D there is one ?? :bah:

Actually, i thought the whole of the defence was shaky, and Nedum looked petrified when he came on. I tend to think Dunne and Corluka with Micah right back might be a better combination particualry as Micah tends to ball watch a little.

Overall its looking good, looking good.

I agree bred and micah is definately more potent on the right. That made me laugh though, when he raced like a Leopard chasing a Springbok (the lad is fast as <deleted>), he got to the ball, swithched feet and shot with his left foot. Guess what he'll be practicing on the training ground this week :o

no gritted teeth mate.

united have treble pics.

Trophy Room :bah: there is one ?? :o

Yeah, yeah, very droll lads. :D

That's a gonna change, VERY shortly :bah:;)

Yeah that "clearance" :D on the line was a bit nervy.

Personally i think SGE has amassed a set of quality players all of whom appear to be very comfortable on the ball and confident in their abilities.Some of the one touch football yesterday eas breathtaking and i dont recall a City team EVER playing like that,it really is exciting!!There also appears to be a sense of confidence amongst the fans who i think sense something special is happening and dare i venture maybe just maybe we might be loosing the "typical City"(in a negative4 sense)mentality.

BTW Mr Bo,i agree with you in regards to Mpenza but am suprised you dont rate Johnston,care to elaborate why??

CITY FOREVER!!!! :D

Personally i think SGE has amassed a set of quality players all of whom appear to be very comfortable on the ball and confident in their abilities.Some of the one touch football yesterday eas breathtaking and i dont recall a City team EVER playing like that,it really is exciting!!There also appears to be a sense of confidence amongst the fans who i think sense something special is happening and dare i venture maybe just maybe we might be loosing the "typical City"(in a negative4 sense)mentality.

Absolutely agree tots, it's really hard at the moment with the way we are playing, to not get too carried away. Feet on the ground until the xmas period when things have really taken shape. :o

BTW Mr Bo,i agree with you in regards to Mpenza but am suprised you dont rate Johnston,care to elaborate why??

A few times now he has made school boy errors (yes i know he is a boy). He does a great tackle, or gets onto a pass, only to give it away, he's been lucky the opposition haven't scored through one of his errors. He's scored and I think he has a great future but just a bit missing for a regular first team spot IMHO.

Yeah that "clearance" :D on the line was a bit nervy.

CITY FOREVER!!!! :D

My thoughts exactly.......I suppose that's why the other games had a lot to live up to

from the city web site 03/10/2007

City are a cosmopolitan bunch but boss insisting everyone learns English

Sven Goran Eriksson has ordered his cosmopolitan Manchester City squad to learn English and claimed they will play even better once they all speak the same language.

Under the Swede, City have made their best start to a season for 30 years and are third in the Premier League, just a point behind local rivals Manchester United.

Eriksson has assembled a diverse squad comprising of 15 different nationalities and has admitted communication between his players can sometimes be a problem at training and during games.

But Eriksson is adamant his high-flying side - which includes players from Spain, Brazil, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Croatia, Bulgaria and Greece - will improve.

"We will get better as everyone learns English," said Eriksson.

"The players are all having English lessons because that is important and will improve things on and off the pitch.

"Some of the Brazilians need some lessons. I've acted as a translator and our fitness coach speaks some languages.

"But it's much better when you can speak directly to the players and they understand you."

After such an impressive start to his City reign, which included a 1-0 derby win over United, Eriksson's ambition is to lead the club into Europe this season, a vision shared by owner Thaksin Shinawatra.

"I think the chairman is a happy man," said Eriksson.

"I know his project is to play football in Europe as well, not just domestic football, but he never told me it's a must to do that this season."

Yeah, yeah, very droll lads. :o

That's a gonna change, VERY shortly :D:bah:

:D:D

I think even Forest have got a bigger trophy room :bah: Chavy??

Yeah, well we're having an extention built. As soon as the council give us permission :D

*****PUBLIC ADVISE WARNING*****

Wow, slow down, you can start a riot with comments like that.

Don't stop paying your council tax just yet people, I'm sure the above is just an idle threat brought on by the nauseating feelings of short term Vertigo....!

:o

redrus

That's a gonna change, VERY shortly :bah::o

Yeah, well we're having an extention built. As soon as the council give us permission :D

Don't stop paying your council tax just yet people, I'm sure the above is just an idle threat brought on by the nauseating feelings of short term Vertigo....!

Yeah i was only joking. With all the spare seats we have there is already plenty of space to put a trophy room :D

That's a gonna change, VERY shortly :bah::o

Yeah i was only joking. With all the spare seats we have there is already plenty of space to put a trophy room :D

This is another joke.

Any self respecting Ciddy fan will tell you those are real people dressed in fancy dress as Blue seats and, the ground is obviously, as usual, full to the brim....!

;)

redrus

This is another joke.

Any self respecting Ciddy fan will tell you those are real people dressed in fancy dress as Blue seats and, the ground is obviously, as usual, full to the brim....!

That's because we don't FORCE our fans to come by taking the money out of their bank for a game, whether they turn up or not :o

I think i win that one :D

This is another joke.

That's because we don't FORCE our fans to come by taking the money out of their bank for a game, whether they turn up or not :o

Yeah yeah, you would, if you could....!

No you don't.... I win 2-1.

redrus

This is another joke.

Yeah yeah, you would, if you could....!

No you don't.... I win 2-1.

Oh no you don't. United can't score more than 1 at the moment :D