Manchester City

mrbojangles

Former England and QPR forward Stan Bowles has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.Bowles, 66, played more than 560 professional games in English football, and was capped five times by England.He played over 300 games for QPR and was voted their greatest ever player."We would be grateful for anyone who comes in contact with our father to show some understanding of his condition," read a statement on his official Facebook page.

Exciting CF of his day. I watched on him on maybe 20 occasions in his brief 35 game sojourn with the sheepshaggers at Brunton Park, where he made his mark.

So sorry he has fallen to the Big A. Sympathies to his closest family (having nursed my father in the early stages if his demise with that scourge).

• Like 1

Opponents of UEFA's financial fair play (FFP) rules are claiming an initial victory against the regulations after a court ruling.A court in Brussels has referred a case submitted by several claimants to the European Court of Justice and imposed an interim measure blocking UEFA from activating phase two of its rules to cut the deficit clubs are permitted from 45 million to 30m.

Would you still be opposed to it if you had to pay your own way?

An emphatic yes.. As discussed many times on here, it's designed to stop anyone else joining the top table.

The fact Chicog asked that confirms my belief that he doesn't read and/or understand what people poster on here, either that or he thought maybe we've all changed our minds on FFP. Unbelievable!

I somehow doubt i'm the only one bored shitless with this FFP pissing contest!

Putting City's grievances to one side, that news is very significant, particularly the second part "blocking UEFA from activating phase two of its rules to cut the deficit...".

Would you still be opposed to it if you had to pay your own way?

An emphatic yes.. As discussed many times on here, it's designed to stop anyone else joining the top table.

The fact Chicog asked that confirms my belief that he doesn't read and/or understand what people poster on here, either that or he thought maybe we've all changed our minds on FFP. Unbelievable!

I somehow doubt i'm the only one bored shitless with this FFP pissing contest!

It may not be of interest to Spurs fans Carms, but seeing as City have been fined and have been subject to squad reductions, the developments are of huge interest to City fans. However, Chicog throwing little hand grenades in are a tad tiresome.

Former England and QPR forward Stan Bowles has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.Bowles, 66, played more than 560 professional games in English football, and was capped five times by England.He played over 300 games for QPR and was voted their greatest ever player."We would be grateful for anyone who comes in contact with our father to show some understanding of his condition," read a statement on his official Facebook page.

Exciting CF of his day. I watched on him on maybe 20 occasions in his brief 35 game sojourn with the sheepshaggers at Brunton Park, where he made his mark.

So sorry he has fallen to the Big A. Sympathies to his closest family (having nursed my father in the early stages if his demise with that scourge).

He could pass a ball but couldn't pass a bookies. His performance on Superstars in the 70's was epic. After a night on the town, with fellow competitor James Hunt, Stan managed to sink in the canoe race and in the shooting competition he shot the table twice.

It may not be of interest to Spurs fans Carms, but seeing as City have been fined and have been subject to squad reductions, the developments are of huge interest to City fans. However, Chicog throwing little hand grenades in are a tad tiresome.

They're only of huge interest to you because you want Shaikh inthatarse to go and spend 50 million and 150 grand a week on Sterling, because let's face it you'd rather he did that than not buy anyone.

I don't know why you keep trying to take the moral high ground, it must be dreadfully slippery.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

They're only of huge interest to you because you want Shaikh inthatarse to go and spend 50 million and 150 grand a week on Sterling, because let's face it you'd rather he did that than not buy anyone.

I don't know why you keep trying to take the moral high ground, it must be dreadfully slippery.

biggrin.png

So are you saying FFP and its structure is of no interest or concern to Arse? If you are, you clearly don't know your Arse.

Although he has stated his intention to stay, Edin Dzeko is still unpopular with City supporters after a dreadful 2014-15.In March, 79 per cent of Blues voted to sell him and that number is near identical in the latest poll, rising up slightly to 79.3 per cent.

Samir Nasri's popularity has plummeted, too, with 63.1 per cent of fans hopeful he will depart.

Of the 25 players included in the survey, Stevan Jovetic and Bacary Sagna are the only others City fans would be happy to see leave the Etihad this summer.

It was a close call for Fernando, though. An unconvincing 50.3 per cent want to keep the Brazilian midfielder.

Karim Rekik agrees personal terms with Marseille

Manchester Citys midfielder Karim Rekik has agreed personal terms with Marseille ahead of a possible move, according to RMC.The former PSV loanee and defensive midfielder has given his agreement to join the Ligue 1 club, and Marseille are working on a deal with Manchester City. Marseille would like a loan with an option to buy but Manchester City want to sell the player outright.

biggrin.png

So are you saying FFP and its structure is of no interest or concern to Arse? If you are, you clearly don't know your Arse.

It doesn't apply to clubs that are managed properly.

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

It doesn't apply to clubs that are managed properly.

biggrin.png

Think you'll find it applies to all clubs that want to compete in EUFA competitions, so it should be important and apply to the Arse shouldn't it. Doh!

What's your favourite City related book?

Mine is "Blue moon - Down among the dead men with Manchester City" by Mark Hodkinson (a City and Rochdale fan). The story of the 1998-99 promotion season from the 3rd tier which ended with the amazing playoff final win vs Pulis' Gillingham. Every new City fan and City fans below a certain age should be made to read a copy to fully understand our journey up and down in recent times in order to fully appreciate where we've come from and the great current times we're having. It's a fantastic behind the scenes book, with access to the management (Royle and Donachie) down to the tea lady and laundry staff. Remarkable read.

Mine is "Blue moon - Down among the dead men with Manchester City" by Mark Hodkinson (a City and Rochdale fan). The story of the 1998-99 promotion season from the 3rd tier which ended with the amazing playoff final win vs Pulis' Gillingham. Every new City fan and City fans below a certain age should be made to read a copy to fully understand our journey up and down in recent times in order to fully appreciate where we've come from and the great current times we're having. It's a fantastic behind the scenes book, with access to the management (Royle and Donachie) down to the tea lady and laundry staff. Remarkable read.

I quiet like Manchester united ruined my life.

Seriously, have you ever read it, it's not that good, and he's considered foolish by City fans for trying to cash in by titling his book like that.

Think you'll find it applies to all clubs that want to compete in EUFA competitions, so it should be important and apply to the Arse shouldn't it. Doh!

Yes, it does apply to us.

And we're OK with it because we don't rely on some Arab playboy's pocket money to compete.

You do, so naturally it bothers you.

We seem to be going round in circles here.

biggrin.png

Argentina vs. Colombia kicks off in a little over a 1/2 hour. Aguero and Zabs start. Demi on the bench.

Pekerman has finally decided to drop Falcao. Jackson Martinez starts in his stead.

Argentina vs. Colombia kicks off in a little over a 1/2 hour. Aguero and Zabs start. Demi on the bench.

Pekerman has finally decided to drop Falcao. Jackson Martinez starts in his stead.

Argies scraped through.

One would expect a Brazil-Argie semi final.

Argies scraped through.

Argentina completely dominated but couldn't get past Ospina. He had a terrific double save in the first period on Aguero and Messi, then a great save in the second on Otamendi. I'd have had Ospina as MOTM.

Edit: Apparently Ospina did get the MOTM.

A mystery as to why Arsenal wants to deal Ospina unless he is lobbying strong for a move with the Cech writing on the wall. Terrific keeper.

Edited by jellydog

Interesting state with Villa's Fabian Delph. City are after him and could get him for as little as 8m even though he only signed a 4 year contract last year. Apparently he put a release clause in that says if a club in a European competition comes after him they can pay as little as 8m quid.

Argies scraped through.

Argentina completely dominated but couldn't get past Ospina. He had a terrific double save in the first period on Aguero and Messi, then a great save in the second on Otamendi. I'd have had Ospina as MOTM.

Edit: Apparently Ospina did get the MOTM.

A mystery as to why Arsenal wants to deal Ospina unless he is lobbying strong for a move with the Cech writing on the wall. Terrific keeper.

I'm amazed how many Gooners old and young think Chezza is a better keeper than Ospina, despite him having a far better record in goal.

I think they are concerned about him being on the short side.

Me I'd farm out Chezza in a heartbeat so he can take his selfies of him smoking at Bournemouth or somewhere.

I think its because the average gooner has the brains of a monkey and only started attending games when the new stadium was finished.

You know what i'm talking about, the Emirates faithful, championed by their talisman, Piers Morgan, that want Professor Powderpuff sacked. biggrin.png

I think its because the average gooner has the brains of a monkey and only started attending games when the new stadium was finished.

You know what i'm talking about, the Emirates faithful, championed by their talisman, Piers Morgan, that want Professor Powderpuff sacked. biggrin.png

Or as I prefer to call them, the "******* ******s".

biggrin.png

...Khaldoons commitment has been matched by the City fans, with a record 39,000 season tickets now sold for the redeveloped 54,000-capacity Etihad. Another 2,500 supporters who made a £100 downpayment last season on a season ticket are expected to swell that number. And those figures are likely to get another boost if City get to unveil £150million of new signings. A club insider said: Season ticket sales have gone brilliantly and we are likely to have a 50,000-plus average crowd for the first time in our history.

Ahh yes Nick Hornby's bum chum.

Ahh yes Nick Hornby's bum chum.

Both more plastic than, er, plastic.

Good book though. It was about winning the league after an 18 year wait.

Yours should be a belter (if it ever happens).

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

Seriously, have you ever read it, it's not that good, and he's considered foolish by City fans for trying to cash in by titling his book like that.
Yes I have read it, I picked up a second hand copy in the book shop above Tops in pattaya, I thought it was a good read and very honest.

Yes I have read it, I picked up a second hand copy in the book shop above Tops in pattaya, I thought it was a good read and very honest.

Interesting that you read a book about City. The only one I've ever read about Utd was Rednose's first one; I've got a free pdf of his 2nd one and a free copy from someone years ago of Beckham's book but can't bring myself round to reading them (not a fan of Beckham...if he'd looked like Luke Chadwick (Plug) I seriously doubt he'd have got have the chances that came his way).