Manchester City

mrbojangles

Today's squad. Looks like Pelle hasn't forgiven Kompany. This is Bony's chance, so he better shine.

Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Sagna, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, de Bruyne, Sterling, Bony.

Subs: Caballero, Demichelis, Kompany, Fernando, Nasri, Roberts, Iheanacho

There was definitely more to the story than Skynews and his family were trying to portray

I didn't read it.

Did they not say that he was a greedy bastard coining it by selling booze to Saudis and he knew exactly what he was doing and the consequences then?

No, they focussed on him being ill, 74 years old and that he just had a bit of home brew.

Can I buy a commemorative mug?

Drove 7hrs back from Buriram, instead of coming back via a night in Khao Yai (wife not happy), so I need a win.

Our defending when they drive at us is scary. Not convinced with Otamendi yet, lacks pace and dives in.

Bit fortunate with the early goals.

Bournemouth going forward look good but KdBs doing a great job carving their defence open.

I thought Bony was decent. Held the ball up well and created some decent chances.

Shame for the kid at the end. Lovely finish which should have stood.

Yeah he wasn't bad today and great 2nd goal but i reckon Bony is guilty of unnecessarily slowing the attack down or changing the direction of play too often. Considering he's effectively replaced Dzeko, he's a better team player but I reckon Dzeko takes chances better.

Nacho looks like he's going to be a talent. He was onside for the disallowed goal.

It's so easy to see why management kept chasing KdB...he oozes class and contributes so much. Making Maureen look stupid for letting KdB go and for making his comments about KdB.

I'm not usually into gingers but I love KdB. He really is the real deal, skill, attitude and playing for the team. Mourinho is a Muppet for letting him go.

I do believe I was the only one on here, pre season, who was shouting his name from the rooftopstongue.png

Manchester City v Bournemouth

Saturday 17 October 2015

Kick off 3pm

Supporters are advised that tickets for our Barclays Premier League home match against Bournemouth have now sold out.

Not bad eh!

Noticed Bournemouth brought quite a few (read 3000).

Manchester City to expand again and make the Etihad the second biggest Premier League ground

Owners want to add a 6,000-seat third tier to the North Stand next summer creating a capacity close to 61,000 that will rank behind only Manchester United's

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-expand-again-make-6650936

So how are we going to do at Old Trafford next week. I didn't think we played that well yesterday; defending was poor, attacking was decent. I've watched quite a lot of ManU this season, I've never been impressed but they keep getting results which is very worrying...Arsenal game aside, the dutchman has been doing a good job.

We've Aguero and Silva out. Yaya looks suspect currently (reckon he's carrying an injury). Kompany just coming back but has dodgy calves which could go again anytime - we desperately need a decent performance from him; I would prefer Kompany/Mangala pairing to any other. No recognised left back with Kolorov and Clichy out so Sagna will have to deputise (thought yesterday on the wrong side was his first average game) and no doubt he will be targetted (i like that he's a battler). So the starting 11, a fast start and attitude is going to be important...we can't afford to rollover like we did after ManU went ahead last season or 2nd half vs Spurs this season.

Here's the team/subs vs ManU last season (glass calves went off injured at halftime)

Manchester City

01 Hart

05 Zabaleta

04 Kompany Booked (Mangala - 45' )

26 Demichelis

22 Clichy

15 Jesús Navas (Lampard - 74' )

42 Y Touré

25 Fernandinho

21 Silva Booked

07 Milner Booked (Nasri - 63' )

16 Agüero

Substitutes

06 Fernando

08 Nasri

10 Dzeko

11 Kolarov

13 Caballero

18 Lampard

20 Mangala

r

Manchester United 1-6 Manchester City in Verse

In October 2011 the Blues went to Old Trafford and smashed Manchester United 6-1. Jason Bardwell remembers penned this in remembrance of the historic afternoon.

We're a team with no history,That's what they say.As we enter Old Trafford,For Derby Day.

Both teams unbeaten,Both with eyes on the prize.So who would have thought,We'd have a 6-1 surprise.

United's early pressure,Our defense stood strong.Balotelli side foot opener,Fergies plan going wrong!

Half time is signalled,Both teams retire.Close eye on Mario and Who has started THIS fire!

Second half begins,Before Evans is ready.Silly United defender,Upends Balotellli!

He is sent from the pitch,United down a man.Come on then Fergie,Now what's the plan?

An hour on the clock,Milner on the wing.Crosses to Mario,Who turns the ball in!

We're now two goals up,And playing with flair,Richards lobs in a crossAnd Aguero is there!

City relax a little,Not really looking for more.That is until Fletcher,Combines with Chicharito to score.

Almost full time,And now City will win.Barry heads wide to Lescott,Who hits it off Dzeko and in!

Then almost instantly,Silva adds one more.And out of the exits,The Red fans now pour.

They think it's all over,Fergies having a cow!Dzeko finishes it off with a sixth,'It is now!'