Manchester City

mrbojangles

We were terrible and didn't deserve the win but as jack says, we did deserve a bit of luck. Going off that performance, I worry about sunday.

Oh and Bony is rubbish.

We were carrying Bony and Sterling last night. Not convinced Bony is good enough for us. Sterling's form fluctuates game by game. Good but very surprising move by Pelle to take off Bony - thought he'd take Sterling or Navas (he was ok last night) off - for Fernando with KdB playing higher up on his own. Reckon Pelle is making some bolder substitutions this season (replacing a player at half time - previously unheard of).

We owe a lot to Yaya and KdB last night who dug out the 2 goals for us; Yaya MADE that first goal and they linked superbly for the 2nd.

Thought we looked too far apart last night and made Sevilla look like Bayern.

Our fullbacks looked open and didn't add much going forward. Otamendi hasn't convinced, Mangala looked good for the most part.

Hopefully we'll have Silva, Kompany and others involved in the return leg in a fortnight and do better in Spain.

Kevin De Bruyne has certainly made an impact since joining Manchester City for a club record £55million in the summer.The Belgian now has five goals and five assists in just eight matches in sky blue, the latest of which dug City out of a deep hole in the Champions League group.

What the ****?!

Manchester City have been reported to Uefa after fans were heard booing the Champions League anthem before their win 2-1 over Sevilla on Wednesday.

Match delegate Geir Thorsteinsson, the chairman of the Iceland FA, detailed the incident and disciplinary proceedings have now been opened, with the case set to be heard in November.

It is understood Manchester City will not be commenting on the issue.

Did all the citizens of ChampionsLeagueLandia get offended?!

cheesy.gif

Edited by Chicog

Manchester City could face action over booing of Uefa anthem

Man City supporters have shown scorn for the governing body over financial fair play and Moscow fiasco

Manchester City are facing a charge over their fans booing the Uefa anthem.

The governing body's match delegate at the Etihad Stadium for last night's win over Sevilla included the derisive response of the supporters in his report on the match.

And under Uefa rules, that means their disciplinary body has to open a case against the Blues - though it is not at all certain that any sanctions will come out of it.

The Blues have been charged under Article 16.2 of Uefa's disciplinary regulations which states that "all associations and clubs are liable for the following inappropriate behaviour on the part of their supporters and may be subject to disciplinary measures and directives even if they can prove the absence of any negligence in relation to the organisation of the match".

It adds a series of scenarios, including "the disruption of national or competition anthems".

There is some puzzlement at City as to why last night's match delegate saw fit to include the booing in his report, when others have ignored it.

The club has now received notification from the European governing body over the issue and the case is set to be dealt with at the next meeting of Uefa's disciplinary body on November 19.

City supporters have consistently booed the Uefa anthem at Champions League home games.

That was partly fuelled by the financial fair play penalties imposed on the club last season, which supporters deemed to be unfair.

Blues felt that the FFP rules were not, as Uefa claim, an attempt to prevent clubs from living beyond their means, and so getting into financial difficulty.

Instead, they were seen as a means of excluding the club from the traditional European elite.
But the final straw was the way in which City fans were treated last season, when Uefa decided to punish CSKA Moscow for their fans' racism and violence by closing the stadium.

Many Blues had already bought visas and booked flights and hotels – but Uefa refused to countenance any form of compensation.
And on the night, Uefa was uninterested in a clear flouting of the stadium closure by around 400 CSKA fans – while City fans who tried to get in were hunted down and evicted.

Last season City fans joined with Bayern Munich counterparts – who had a similar experience in Moscow – to demand respect for fans.

The booing began last season, and there was also a partially successful bid to get fans to turn their backs when the anthem – officially named “Champions League” - is played.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-could-face-action-10310947

It's their contingent of Polish fans who should be ashamed smashing up the streets of Manchester,despicable scenes.

Apparently there has been a long running feud between Polish club Slask Wroclaw and Sevilla for several years. Manchester has a fair contingent of Polish nowadays.

It's their contingent of Polish fans who should be ashamed smashing up the streets of Manchester,despicable scenes.

Apparently there has been a long running feud between Polish club Slask Wroclaw and Sevilla for several years. Manchester has a fair contingent of Polish nowadays.

I know I couldn't resist though.

Manchester City could face action over booing of Uefa anthem

Man City supporters have shown scorn for the governing body over financial fair play and Moscow fiasco

Manchester City are facing a charge over their fans booing the Uefa anthem.

The governing body's match delegate at the Etihad Stadium for last night's win over Sevilla included the derisive response of the supporters in his report on the match.

And under Uefa rules, that means their disciplinary body has to open a case against the Blues - though it is not at all certain that any sanctions will come out of it.

The Blues have been charged under Article 16.2 of Uefa's disciplinary regulations which states that "all associations and clubs are liable for the following inappropriate behaviour on the part of their supporters and may be subject to disciplinary measures and directives even if they can prove the absence of any negligence in relation to the organisation of the match".

It adds a series of scenarios, including "the disruption of national or competition anthems".

There is some puzzlement at City as to why last night's match delegate saw fit to include the booing in his report, when others have ignored it.

The club has now received notification from the European governing body over the issue and the case is set to be dealt with at the next meeting of Uefa's disciplinary body on November 19.

City supporters have consistently booed the Uefa anthem at Champions League home games.

That was partly fuelled by the financial fair play penalties imposed on the club last season, which supporters deemed to be unfair.

Blues felt that the FFP rules were not, as Uefa claim, an attempt to prevent clubs from living beyond their means, and so getting into financial difficulty.

Instead, they were seen as a means of excluding the club from the traditional European elite.

But the final straw was the way in which City fans were treated last season, when Uefa decided to punish CSKA Moscow for their fans' racism and violence by closing the stadium.

Many Blues had already bought visas and booked flights and hotels but Uefa refused to countenance any form of compensation.

And on the night, Uefa was uninterested in a clear flouting of the stadium closure by around 400 CSKA fans while City fans who tried to get in were hunted down and evicted.

Last season City fans joined with Bayern Munich counterparts who had a similar experience in Moscow to demand respect for fans.

The booing began last season, and there was also a partially successful bid to get fans to turn their backs when the anthem officially named Champions League - is played.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-could-face-action-10310947

More nonsense aimed at City from EUFA...and they wonder why the City fans boo EUFA. Isn't this like pouring oil on the fire and guaranteed to get more booing at the Borussia game. And how is any club supposed to police booing...10,000 fans randomly placed in the stadium boo so arrest them/ban them/gag them. NONSENSE!

I resisted though didn't I mrboj?

;);):D

wink.png;)biggrin.png

laugh.png As soon as it happened you accused me of being in Manchester laugh.png

can we sue UEFA for the blatant ripping off of zadok the priest in the first <deleted> place? and since when was UEFA a <deleted> country?

Absolutely stevie. They deserve the boos after the debacle that was in Moscow when UEFA closed the doors and refused refunds. As BB says, reporting the club for stuff like this will just fuel it and louder boos will be had next game

• Like 1

can we sue UEFA for the blatant ripping off of zadok the priest in the first <deleted> place? and since when was UEFA a <deleted> country?

Absolutely stevie. They deserve the boos after the debacle that was in Moscow when UEFA closed the doors and refused refunds. As BB says, reporting the club for stuff like this will just fuel it and louder boos will be had next game

it's laughable mate. what or who are you booing? a ridiculous piece of music that given its timing is designed to detract from the actual fan-made atmosphere in the stadium? i always thought that the silly UEFA CL 'anthem' was intended for TV viewers, to bring them back from an advert break - got a shock when i was at a match and they were trying to drown out you'll never walk alone with that sh*te.

wink.png;)biggrin.png

laugh.png As soon as it happened you accused me of being in Manchester laugh.png

Well you did try to smack me round the head with a stool in Witherspoons over a couple of chips. :o:lol:

I think Pelle needs to make the right decision this weekend, concerning Vinnie.

In my opinion, he must play. If he is left out I think thats a huge faux pas by the manager.

Personally I would leave out Navas, as I dont think his speed will bother Rojas.

This game I would play all 3 of Nando, Dino and Yaya, with Yaya pushing forward.

Hope we win, but A draw is acceptablesmile.png

In my opinion, he must play. If he is left out I think thats a huge faux pas by the manager.

Personally I would leave out Navas, as I dont think his speed will bother Rojas.

This game I would play all 3 of Nando, Dino and Yaya, with Yaya pushing forward.

Agreed with that. If Vinnie is healthy he needs to start. Even if Pellegrini is pissed off about the Belgium thing (and maybe rightly so) Vinnie still needs to be in the starting eleven.

1. I think he must play Vinny for stability; I think Pelle has made his point and will now play Vinny.

2. I agree he can't play Bony, Sterling, KdB and Navas. He should play a stronger midfield of Yaya, Dinho and Nando. Navas seems the likely one to sit out the start and come on later.

3. I hope Pelle hasn't learnt a bit of logic from Maureen that don't lose this one first and foremost, a draw will be ok and suit us more than ManU, a win would be brilliant but don't throw it all away by trying to force a win.

4. Compete for 90 minutes we should be ok, don't compete and/or start slow and suffer.

]

Common sense would dictate that discredited football authorities would lie low for the time being, not take on their bread and butter over trivia. Pure Thai militaria style.

Easily redeemable if they do nothing ... in which event City fans should drop their juvenile behaviour.

Edited by SantiSuk

Its actually ridiculous!!!

Just shows when politics overlaps with football it becomes a p!ss take.

And its an insult to football fans.