Manchester City

mrbojangles

Bony going off for Delph. Been very happy with Bony tonight. 85min.

Really?

The only difference I saw was that as a team we played very well.

Bony did little, is still lethargic. Doesnt win enough aerial battles and is very wasteful.

Just goes to show how opinions differ!!

I thought City controlled the game. Limited Seville to 2 shots on goal.

So we are now through.....chance of finishing top. Whats the chances we end up getting PSG in next round!!!

Really.

First half Bony..Sterling..Navas..Yaya..anf Dinho link up play and counter attacking football was sensational and Bony was a big part of that.

Sterling was running riot and their mercy-substituted rightback captain won't forget him soon.

Dinho was everywhere, a powerful performance.

Fernando looks a decent player now.

Yaya was enjoying himself and I thought he played a very balanced forward/defensive display.

Two centrebacks missed nothing.

Sagna was excellent, again.

Hart kept us 1v2 ahead with one amazing save.

Very professional performance.

Really enjoyed getting up for a 2.45am kickoff for a change.

]

I'd agree with that summary. However, for me, even though Bony put in a better performance than he has been doing, he is still missing sitters and not getting his chances on target. At this level you don't get many chances, so to waste them is criminal for a striker. Second half he just went to lazy running again. He'll have to do much better than that to get me to change my view of him.

That was my point BJ.

The way the team played last night, I would have looked good up front!!

I am completely underwhelmed by Bony. As a 'target man' he wins very few in the air. He traps the ball further than I can kick the ball. He had at least 4 very good chances that I can remember, which he missed. Even the Fernandhino goal came from a mis hit shot from Bony which should have been buried.

AND he is bone idle.....whichever way you look at it!!

Not to detract from an excellent overall performance in which every player would get an 8 or a 9. Bony for me got a 6.

Harsh. Do I detect a bee in your Bony...sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

You are right... I do.

Cant stand Bony idle playerstongue.png

Over the years I have seen some cr@p and mediocre players turn out for us, but thankfully not too many who didnt put a shift in.

With the players we can now attract along with the wages they earn, it breaks my heart to see the lack of heart shown by Bony.Cant stand it!!

"Manuel Pellegrini has overtaken Jose Mourinho as the manager with the highest win percentage in Premier League history.Manchester Citys victory over Norwich last weekend took the Chileans win rate to 67.8 percent.The statistics - released by Opta - are based on all managers who have taken charge of 50 or more Premier League matches."

You mean Unigh-ed don't you? Irritates the he'll out of me that some of the fans can't even pronounce the teams name. I can live with Citeh - I'm all for regional accents when it's not just slovenly. ☺

Thats because Old Trafford is filled up with foreign day trippers that can't speak Manc English but are life long Man Yooo fans!

post-222557-14467327130625_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Two points from the other night.

Lots of reports I've read say we played a 4-2-3-1 with Fenand twins as a defensive 2 and Yaya ahead of them in the middle of the 3. I reckon we played a 4-1-2-2-1 with Nando behind Dinho on the left and Yaya on the right, in fact a lot of the time it was Dinho slightly ahead and breaking forward more than Yaya...both players playing box-to-box. It was very effective and I reckon the Sevilla manager hadn't seen that formation coming. We were very dynamic in going from defensive to attack and vice versa.

You all know I'm a huge fan of Silva, but had he been available he would have played and defensively we would have been a man down. Pellegrini has now found a way to play without Silva, which considering Silva's age and injury record has got to be a good thing.

Not too sure of the formation BB as I thought we mixed it up a bit, especially changing it in the second half. The first half was so frantic it was hard to keep up biggrin.png

I agree, it is good that we have found a way to play without Silva but I still can't wait till he's back.

Fly back to the UK tomorrow so I'll be watching the match in an English boozer, with real beer. Yummy

Not too sure of the formation BB as I thought we mixed it up a bit, especially changing it in the second half. The first half was so frantic it was hard to keep up biggrin.png

I agree, it is good that we have found a way to play without Silva but I still can't wait till he's back.

Fly back to the UK tomorrow so I'll be watching the match in an English boozer, with real beer. Yummy

I remember you were looking for a game to go to. How about County v Chorley tomorrow? ;-)

• Like 1

Its going to piss down all weekend. :D

Its going to piss down all weekend. biggrin.png

We had a drop of rain in Saudi tonight smokes

I remember you were looking for a game to go to. How about County v Chorley tomorrow? ;-)

In Portsmouth till Tuesday BB

Its going to piss down all weekend. biggrin.png

We had a drop of rain in Saudi tonight smokes

Its OK mrboj I know you are English.

Can we have a "wally with a brolly" emoticon please? B)

Watch you don't get press-ganged down there.

Watch you don't get press-ganged down there.

Not again biggrin.png

Astion Villa's Micah Richards returns after suspension as Ashley Westwood misses out after suffering a head injury in the 3-1 defeat to Tottenham. Gabriel Agbonlahor fails to make the cut following an assessment on a tight calf picked up in the defeat on Monday. Kevin De Bruyne returns for Manchester City after being rested for the 3-1 Champions League victory over Sevilla. Manuel Pellegrini is still without David Silva, Samir Nasri and Sergio Aguero.

Aston Villa: Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Clark, Amavi, Gana, Vertout, Sanchez, Gil, Ayew, Sinclair

Subs: Bunn, Bacuna, Lescott, Richardson, N'Zogbia, Gestede, Grealish

Manchester City: Hart, Sagna, Kompany ©, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Toure, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bony

Subs: Caballero, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy, Delph, Navas, Iheanacho

Will the real Man City please stand up, please stand up.

Very poor City, well played Villa.

Balance looks wrong in midfield today. Bony going off hasn't helped. But it's our passing which is off.

Hope we're not waiting to go behind again before we wake up...that happens too often.

Come on City, bloody wake up.

Well a better but frustrating 2nd half . Some very decent chances missed, hit goalkeeper's face from point blank, hit crossbar, etc. Equal 1st half, one sided 2nd half. Two points lost or point won (as we weren't great)...time will tell. Deserved to win, but couldn't score.

One of those games crying out for Silva who'd have made a difference.

Bony out with hamstring...could do with our deepdeep-laying centreforward back, Milner, for a repeat of last seaon.

That Villa captain, Richards looked very decent - sign him up Pelle.

^Villa definitely performed well for 50 minutes then it was pretty much one way traffic. A bit like our home game vs Norwich, but we weren't good enough in front of goal and didn't great a break like in that game.

What was amazing was how we were so good vs Sevilla but so poor today...too many of the front 6 players didn't perform. We all slag off Navas but again today he helped drive us forward and created a few chances (will he ever take one himself though).

Frustrating match for a City fan but I'm chalking it up as one of those days. Could as easily been 2 or 3-0 City. Villa played pretty smart football for their new manager but all in all lucky for that one point.

Still Top of the Pops.

Frustrating match for a City fan but I'm chalking it up as one of those days. Could as easily been 2 or 3-0 City. Villa played pretty smart football for their new manager but all in all lucky for that one point.

Still Top of the Pops.

So were BROS.

:D

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

Still Top of the Pops.

By the end of the season you might view the result slightly differently because Reme Garde is a very good coach and Villa won't be going down with him at the helm.

Still Top of the Pops.

By the end of the season you might view the result slightly differently because Reme Garde is a very good coach and Villa won't be going down with him at the helm.

Early days for Villa, but Sunderland and Bournemouth certainly look worse and after Xmas others will start to drop down towards the relegation places. Best thing Villa could do in my opinion is get a decent goalie.

Still Top of the Pops.

I know nothing at all about Garde but he has to be an improvement over Dim.

Still Top of the Pops.

DP.

Edited by jellydog

Still Top of the Pops.

I know nothing at all about Garde but he has to be an improvement over Dim.

he's over achieved and shown an ability to improve players. Villa won't have much cash to spend and he ticks their box.