Manchester City

mrbojangles

On 5/27/2017 at 3:33 PM, mrbojangles said:

Funny how when one of our guys go on your thread you accuse him of trolling and yet.........

Iv'e never accused anyone of Trolling, another case of someone getting their facts wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by alfieconn

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Why are your lot fixated on City’s academy and our transfer dealings? It clearly works for us as evidenced by the fact we’ve won a few things. After 9 years you should have gotten used to City by now as you clearly have gotten used to Chelsea following Abromovic’s purchase only 5 years earlier…maybe after 13 years or in 2023 the same attitude on hear to Chelsea will apply to City (but I doubt it).

2. I am not fixated on 'First 11'. I referred to first 11 meaning players who are considered first team selection players as I believe that is what your buddies are always trying to beat City up about; isn’t that the criteria and the answer in City’s case is Micah Richards. We do have kids coming through since 2008 who get the occasional appearance but they haven’t/don’t hold a first 11 place down so in answer to your question that is the criteria you beat us with when currently Spurs have ONE player who fits that criteria.

3. As squad players this season we had Pablo Maffeo (RB; 3 appearances), Tosin" Adarabioyo (CB; 3 appearances), Angus Gunn (GK; no appearances, only bench), Angelino (LB; 3 appearances), Aleix García (CM; 8 appearances) – I will leave out Iheanacho – so yes you are correct, City have no youth players coming through or getting in the first 11.

4. No I will not want to discuss “why Spurs don't have 2 international homegrown goalkeepers in our first team squad” as I realize and keep trying to make the point that clubs buy players; incidentally City’s homegrown and England’s u21 goalkeeper Angus Gunn (son of Bryan) makes our bench.

So basically you admit your academy is not being well run?

If it was players would be knocking on the first team door as ours are consistently.

I have no beef with you buying players but you need to adjust your specs and see what is there in front of you.

Those players you mentioned will end up at Burnley or Sunderland if they are lucky. :biggrin:

32 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

So basically you admit your academy is not being well run?

If it was players would be knocking on the first team door as ours are consistently.

I have no beef with you buying players but you need to adjust your specs and see what is there in front of you.

Those players you mentioned will end up at Burnley or Sunderland if they are lucky. :biggrin:

Personally i wouldn't know if it was being well run or not as i'm just a City fan on the outside, but based on the number of ManU players in recent seasons who moved their kid from theirs to ours, and the number of 'titles' our youngsters have won at various levels, i'd hazard a guess that it's being extremely well run.

Think you'll find find that there's plenty of kids knocking at the door, i mentioned quite a few already on the forum in the past 24 hours, but unfortunately City have a habit of blocking their paths by spending large on proven players (some buys/some buys don't work).

The players i mentioned will more than likely end up at the type of clubs you mentioned, some will make it, some will disappear - isn't that they way with youngsters. I think you will find that is exactly the same situation at most top clubs including yours.   

No offense like but i do I find it amusing that a fans from a club that (i) hasn't won the Premier, with supposedly (ii) a great policy of bringing through academy players and buying players from lower leagues, is persistently lecturing fans from a club (i) who's won a little bit in recent seasons and has (ii) no money problems to allow us to buy players...been trying to get my head around that one for several seasons; maybe we're doing something wrong and should adopt Spurs approach and 'win' no higher than 2nd.  

PS. Just had a look at Spurs renowned Academy players in the first team - i'm so impressed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottenham_Hotspur_F.C.#First_team
Kane, Carter-Vickers, Carter-Vickers AND Onomah (think you forgot him) joined your Academy as kids. Rose joined from Leeds at 16. So i'll give you TWO home-grown kids in your first team as Winks made 31 appearances (starts?). 

No money problems.

That one just made me fall off my bar stool with laughter. :laugh:

At Spurs the young players are good enough to make the first team squad and are encouraged to do so.

At Citeh that just isn't the case as you have just admitted.

We run our youth system towards that goal, not winning the U18 championship or cup.

None of the players you mentioned are going to make it in the premiership but ours will for sure.

That is the difference.

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

No money problems.

That one just made me fall off my bar stool with laughter. :laugh:

At Spurs the young players are good enough to make the first team squad and are encouraged to do so.

At Citeh that just isn't the case as you have just admitted.

We run our youth system towards that goal, not winning the U18 championship or cup.

None of the players you mentioned are going to make it in the premiership but ours will for sure.

That is the difference.

Not sure why "No money problems" would make you laugh (and i didn't even use 'boom tish').

Time will tell if players at City, Spurs, anywhere are good enough and i'm sure all kids are encouraged to believe that. 

I haven't admitted anything of the sort, you need to read my posts closer. Kids at City are no different than at spurs and we've already established that you've only got one established player (Kane) and one who's coming through (Winks) so not that impressive.

Your last 2 paragraphs are not what i've come to expect from you Ronnie, the spurs chuckle brothers yes; next you'll be suggesting that we have a pissing competition. :smile:

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not sure why "No money problems" would make you laugh (and i didn't even use 'boom tish').

Time will tell if players at City, Spurs, anywhere are good enough and i'm sure all kids are encouraged to believe that. 

I haven't admitted anything of the sort, you need to read my posts closer. Kids at City are no different than at spurs and we've already established that you've only got one established player (Kane) and one who's coming through (Winks) so not that impressive.

Your last 2 paragraphs are not what i've come to expect from you Ronnie, the spurs chuckle brothers yes; next you'll be suggesting that we have a pissing competition. :smile:

I'll say this. Pre 2008 it looked much rosier for youth at city by looks of it. I recall some talent stepping through not entirely sure it was theres but all the lads were youngsters and came through. Richards, michael Johnson,  Ireland and onoah. All were making the grade at the same time so it looks like city were doing something right years ago. The difference now is expectation and teams like Madrid and barca have a b team playing professionally in a league below I think, hence loans are not really required as much. So it's understandible with the amount of dough being pumped in that they try to get propelled to the top as fast as possible and then when they are a bit more consistent you will see sprinkles of youth coming through like you do at barca etc. I believe that's the template anyway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You just come across as clueless with posts such as this.

Carter-Vickers is a prime example.

Please run along and do your homework before posting.

Also see above for what I am getting at.

Every team especially at our level is going to see at best a dribble into the first team from the youth squad but at Tottenham it is constant and has been for a considerable time.

Your youth team must be demoralised by lack of opportunity in my opinion.

Simple really.

Your just reading what you want in my posts aren't you.

"Pre 2008 it looked much rosier for youth at city by looks of it." Of course it was! The standard of first team player we had then compared to the now was not so good so youth players had a far better chance of coming through.

"Richards, michael Johnson,  Ireland and onoah"
So who of those 4 if they were coming through in the last few years would come through and who would hold down a place. Richards would likely come through, maybe Johnson but who would down a place - I would guess none of them ( Richards couldn't hold on to his place).

Is the penny beginning to drop yet? It's harder for youth to come through now at City than it was then because. ...

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Pre 2008 it looked much rosier for youth at city by looks of it." Of course it was! The standard of first team player we had then compared to the now was not so good so youth players had a far better chance of coming through.

So who of those 4 if they were coming through in the last few years would come through and who would hold down a place. Richards would likely come through, maybe Johnson but who would down a place - I would guess none of them ( Richards couldn't hold on to his place).

Is the penny beginning to drop yet? It's harder for youth to come through now at City than it was then because. ...

You came third we came second and we are still managing it.

Any more questions?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You just repeated what I said in your first paragraph. Your a bit RC at present too. You should calm down. Ireland in his youth would have got a place if Delph can get in now  Johnson agreed and Richards was clearly axed in favour of the mercenaries needed to attain the next level so it was a good decision. Your youth is not getting bedded in because your mercenaries are not doing the business inside 70 minutes to allow a consistent amount of time for youth to get game time. To say they are not good enough is rubbish. Your first team is not good enough to allow for the youth to get the required experience.

"You came third we came second and we are still managing it. Any more questions?"

That sums it up. So with all of your great academy, ability to buy lower division players, the great Podyttino (has he won anything in his career yet), etc, you're celebrating coming 2nd and a place above City...snigger

19 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

But when you had circa 100m to spend you ploughed into a load of Kias. 

Eriksen  11m  Really?  I wonder what the 24 year old is worth now....any idea?

Juries out on Lamela but regards the others not far from the truth.

Edited by carmine

17 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Why are you fixated on 'First 11'?

Our first team changes every week like all the other top sides.

We have a number of home grown players in our FIRST TEAM SQUAD.

They will all play a part in the coming season and the two I mentioned will play more as the get older and gain more experience and ability.

Fact remains even widened to the squad level you still have a fat zero.

Perhaps you will next want to discuss why we don't have 2 international homegrown goalkeepers in our first team squad as a way of deflecting the issue?

Very true because the arguments gets more and more desperate so they focus on "first 11" rather than the all important "squad"

They have to of course otherwise they have literally nothing to throw back.

And what do we wake up to this morning!!!!  They are buying a Brazilian keeper for 45m.......couldn't make the stuff up!!!!!:smile:

I wonder how much money Pep will piss up the wall before he can actually show a tangible improvement?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"You came third we came second and we are still managing it. Any more questions?"

That sums it up. So with all of your great academy, ability to buy lower division players, the great Podyttino (has he won anything in his career yet), etc, you're celebrating coming 2nd and a place above City...snigger

45m on a Brazilian keeper.........:sick:   

You can snigger all you want sunshine, the hole you are digging for yourself just gets deeper.

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

You just repeated what I said in your first paragraph. Your a bit RC at present too. You should calm down. Ireland in his youth would have got a place if Delph can get in now  Johnson agreed and Richards was clearly axed in favour of the mercenaries needed to attain the next level so it was a good decision. Your youth is not getting bedded in because your mercenaries are not doing the business inside 70 minutes to allow a consistent amount of time for youth to get game time. To say they are not good enough is rubbish. Your first team is not good enough to allow for the youth to get the required experience.

Was very calm when i posted and very much loving the banter with Ronny.

Ireland and Delph and not very similar are they. Ireland had one great season for us (2008/09) when he was City's player of the season, he was a decent player in that team (which included players of a standard of Michael Ball, Vassell, etc), but currently he'd be competing for a central midfield playmaker slot against the likes of SilvaD, SilvaB, Yaya and KDB, so no way would he get in. Delph hasn't played much and is there to give us effort/legs, a totally different player than Ireland; the opinion of most City fans is Delph isn't good enough but we're optomistic that he could be turned in to a high-energy left wingback, if he could just stay fit - can see him being sold in the next 12 months if he doesn't improve.

Richards was axed in favour of Zabalata; Zaba was hardly a mercenary, was he!

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Very true because the arguments gets more and more desperate so they focus on "first 11" rather than the all important "squad"

They have to of course otherwise they have literally nothing to throw back.

And what do we wake up to this morning!!!!  They are buying a Brazilian keeper for 45m.......couldn't make the stuff up!!!!!:smile:

I wonder how much money Pep will piss up the wall before he can actually show a tangible improvement?

You seem to want to get involved in the discussion i was having with Ronny. Was there anything particular you wanted to raise that we could discuss?

2 hours ago, carmine said:

45m on a Brazilian keeper.........:sick:   

You can snigger all you want sunshine, the hole you are digging for yourself just gets deeper.

what is this hole you refer to and why am i digging myself in to said hole? Is there anything you are actually posting about here?

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You seem to want to get involved in the discussion i was having with Ronny. Was there anything particular you wanted to raise that we could discuss?

I just wanted to make a mockery of your ridiculous focus on "our starting eleven" as opposed to "our squad" because its such a flimsy excuse of an arguement.

So if you pay 45m for a Brazilian keeper does he do magic tricks, disappearing acts and the like?

Edited by carmine

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

what is this hole you refer to and why am i digging myself in to said hole? Is there anything you are actually posting about here?

"Tottenham's starting 11"  It seems its all you have left to grasp onto now.  Probably because our squad has lads from the academy and wee can't do what the likes of City and United do and pay a player 150k a weeks to sit on a bench

Carmine if you can be bothered to read the thread properly before posting your comments you will see that Ronny and i posted comments on both your academy players in the starting 11 (you have One, Kane) and your academy players in your squad (you have TWO, Kane and Winks - but you can include CC-V's 4 appearances if you want to)...keep up lad!

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine if you can be bothered to read the thread properly before posting your comments you will see that Ronny and i posted comments on both your academy players in the starting 11 (you have One, Kane) and your academy players in your squad (you have TWO, Kane and Winks - but you can include CC-V's 4 appearances if you want to)...keep up lad!

Still banging on about our "starting 11" i see and not the all important squad.......oh dear!

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Still banging on about our "starting 11" i see and not the all important squad.......oh dear!

children,children.........come on now :sad:

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's getting quite tedious now isn' it

Not if you've had the opportunity to read a post on the Arsenal thread.  Thats not tedious, its magnificent.

If BB could post something like that once a week any amount of tedium that surrounds is worth putting up with!!

Edited by carmine