Manchester City

mrbojangles

42 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Absolutely but our owners need to flash the cash a bit more before we can safely say to JK - Over to you. So we're not in the same boat financially and I don't subscribe to the idea that we need to be in order to compete because we do compete and on a fraction of what you lads have at your disposal. Truth is you stick allardyce or even sherwood in as boss of your lot and I reckon he would be on par with Guardiola at this point. When you wait 2 years for a boss he needs to be special as you and most believed he was. He us looking ordinary and out of his depth where interviews are concerned and that lack of positivity about the club's youth could impact his actual job and teams performance.  If I was am agent listening to him in that interview kerching pal kerching ££££ I'd be straight on the blower looking for a 50% increase in wages and a 5 year contract for bravo 

You do realise that your lot are the 8th richest club in the world? 

32 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

That was a question which was linked to the hypothetical scenario I proposed to you for next season bredbin. So no one's pointing the finger just yet I'm  asking you in the position described where does a real sky blue sit?

Sorry i read your original post on this worthless 'debate' you've started to mean that City should sack Pep and City fans should want Pep to be sacked. I can tell you now he's stocks are still very high with fans, players and owner/management.

Isn't klopp under pressure to win something or have suddenly Liverpool developed a small club/no need to win mentality? I don't think so. You keep trying to debate things with us City fans which apply to you Liverpool fans/club equally.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

A gaffe my old son and one lingering on the lips is Bravo. What an absolutely ludicrous decision that was eh? Your comfortable with that analysis?  Forgive me Bredbin but whose decision ultimately do you think it was to bring in Jonny Bravo?

Your moving the goalposts now are you! We were 'debating' Pep's interview gaffs and no you change gaffs to buying a player. Marvellous!  Where are you going to go next with this...

As for Bravo, yes i and all City fans will agree with you that Bravo has been a gaff and should be got rid off, and moving Hart out WAS NOT POPULAR move for City fans. 

15 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

No mate I do not read the sun.

Look I'm just posing some hypothetical situations to you and your dodging em or selecting content to rifle back. Bit like a journalist! So stay on point and lets get to the bare bones shall we?

I think i have now bored everybody to death including myself by answering all of your "hypothetical situations". Did i miss any? Post them again, i'm fired up now...wuppee!

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sorry i read your original post on this worthless 'debate' you've started to mean that City should sack Pep and City fans should want Pep to be sacked. I can tell you now he's stocks are still very high with fans, players and owner/management.

Isn't klopp under pressure to win something or have suddenly Liverpool developed a small club/no need to win mentality? I don't think so. You keep trying to debate things with us City fans which apply to you Liverpool fans/club equally.

Already answered my team. If JK gets his squad together then he knows we know we're on a title assault and that is a fact. We squared all the other apparent big boys away so now we assemble the squad and it's off we go. Sky's the limit for us next season no doubts in my mind absolutely no doubt but if the predicament arose that we were 9 points off 3rd 11 games in then yes I'd be asking serious questions and facing reality regardless of the scenario (injuries etc) comes back to if JK gets the squad he wants he should be able to handle stuff like Injuries unlike last season.

13 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Robson had a translator at barca some unknown lad called Jose. You might get lucky get your sights on the bearded fella you never know.

We might just.

PS. Mourinho was Robson's translator at 2 clubs before Barca - name them?

56 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Really, well stop going off topic !!!

You come out with "The youth in England do play in almost empty stadiums and they don't really compete like they do in Spain etc. I don't know how we in England fix it though, so that English youth can come through"

Now can you tell what your response has to do with the question that the Journo asked Pep being as the question was specifically about City and  not about England youth in general ?

Aaaah got you now. You read the twitter headline but not the actual interview and the context that Pep put it. This is what Pep said and is the reason I mentioned what they do in Spain.

In an elaborate but stark explanation, Guardiola all but wrote off England's Premier League 2 as a competition, suggesting academy stars in Spain and Germany have a far greater chance of progression due to sides such as Barcelona 'B' competing alongside senior teams in the Segunda division.

Conversely in England, Guardiola maintains, young players merely play against other young players in front of no fans and 'shake hands' afterwards. This, according to the Spaniard, creates an unassailable gulf between up-and-coming talents and their senior counterparts.

Guardiola did confirm that many of his academy starlets will join City on their pre-season tour and train with the seniors throughout the season, but also maintains that under-23s would be better off playing 'competitive' football in lower divisions than merely training with more established stars.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So R2D2 i've given you plenty to go on for this 'debate', what's next?

Listen bredbin I've posed plenty of questions which are as yet unanswered. I want you to imagine the scenario really dig down and find your true feelings in that hypothetical scenario. Where so you sit when your teams 9pts off 3rd and 11 games in with a bustling team of talent no less?

20 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Your moving the goalposts now are you! We were 'debating' Pep's interview gaffs and no you change gaffs to buying a player. Marvellous!  Where are you going to go next with this...

As for Bravo, yes i and all City fans will agree with you that Bravo has been a gaff and should be got rid off, and moving Hart out WAS NOT POPULAR move for City fans. 

Gaffes and laffs lad. When i'm discussing PEP I'm talking with an overview of his whole 1st season and you cannot ignore all aspects and focus on one as with PG we have seen a catalogue of errors he has practically brought on himself. Fair analysis? Truth is with bravo in the sticks he cost you how many points you reckon. Tell the truth and ye shall see

35 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You see this is why I sense Pep's not all that. Much like a gambler he has ruined his first season by backing the wrong horse time and time again. He should have culled that lad from the off but he tried to change too much way too soon and then in an Interview  he let's the cat out the bag. "I'm still learning" not exactly the words you want to hear from a man responsible for a sheikhs multi million pound dream is it or even you bredbin you don't wanna hear that do ya?

Edited by Rc2702

32 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Listen bredbin I've posed plenty of questions which are as yet unanswered. I want you to imagine the scenario really dig down and find your true feelings in that hypothetical scenario. Where so you sit when your teams 9pts off 3rd and 11 games in with a bustling team of talent no less?

"really dig down and find your true feelings" should i lie down on your hypothetical couch to get in touch with my true feelings?

Ok, i'm comfortable, i'm really digging down. So if City are "9pts off 3rd and 11 games in with a bustling team of talent no less" i'd be thinking we're in a decent position as there's 27 games to go. Wouldn't you -  i want your true heartfelt feelings, no bullfighting me now.

31 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Gaffes and laffs lad. When i'm discussing PEP I'm talking with an overview of his whole 1st season and you cannot ignore all aspects and focus on one as with PG we have seen a catalogue of errors he has practically brought on himself. Fair analysis? Truth is with bravo in the sticks he cost you how many points you reckon. Tell the truth and ye shall see

No you weren't, you were talking about his interviewing technique and his comments on youth weren't you!

I've answered your earlier comment on Bravo. Are you not reading my responses to your posts? Am i wasting my time?

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Crikey, why so many post's on here while the Under 20's game is on, oh i forgot City don't have anyone playing :cheesy:

Patriotic to the last :biggrin:

Bad planning on my own part I caught wilais reminder at about 4pm and cut short the FILS visit to get back but it was not on the box as far as I can see.

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Bad planning on my own part I caught wilais reminder at about 4pm and cut short the FILS visit to get back but it was not on the box as far as I can see.

Alfie "Crikey, why so many post's on here while the Under 20's game is on, oh i forgot City don't have anyone playing" 

Is that your criteria for watching an England game then Alfie, you only watch when a Spurs player is playing. Shameful! 

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No you weren't, you were talking about his interviewing technique and his comments on youth weren't you!

I've answered your earlier comment on Bravo. Are you not reading my responses to your posts? Am i wasting my time?

Bit harsh that. Wasting your time supporting a PG team but your words not mine.

Unbelievable response to your alright with being 9pts off 3rd with 11 gone. Your optimism knows no bounds it seems.  

Ok were making some progress but I'm looking to really dig into this bravo situation. Points wise let's talk brass tax bredbin. Honestly speaking how many points did he lose for city last season? 

I am not as much a city supporter as you guys, but I must say there were times last season when they played fantastic, entertaining stuff.

What are the genuine hopes for 2017/18?

There are 5/6 even 7 if you include Everton that are ready and waiting for another bite at the top 4.

Not so long ago it was either Man U or Arsenal; Year in year out. No team has a easy passage through to the top nowdays.

Edited by owl sees all
syntax error

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

I am not as much a city supporter as you guys, but I must say there were times last season when they played fantastic, entertaining stuff.

There are 4/5 even 6 if you include Everton that are ready and waiting for another bite at the top 4.

Not so long ago it was either Man U or Arsenal; Year in year out. No team has a easy passage through to the top nowdays.

Ok owl sees all so get involved will ya help your lads see some sense. Were pointing the finger here. Were after the amount of points that Bravo lost city last season and once we habe this we will get a clearer picture of the stupidest decision or top 5 stupidest decisions in PL history.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Bit harsh that. Wasting your time supporting a PG team but your words not mine.

Unbelievable response to your alright with being 9pts off 3rd with 11 gone. Your optimism knows no bounds it seems.  

Ok were making some progress but I'm looking to really dig into this bravo situation. Points wise let's talk brass tax bredbin. Honestly speaking how many points did he lose for city last season? 

Why is a waste of time supporting a PG team?

Where did i say or infer that it's a waste of time supporting a PG team?

What's your gripe with Pep?

You make it up as you go along don't you.

As for Bravo, I have no idea. What's your  (hypothetical/theoretical) assessment and  basis of assessing how many points he lost?

Why do you feel it's relevant to discuss Bravo and last season? Isn't the season over and there's nothing can be done to change how we all finished up, City 3rd and Liverpool below us.

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

There are 4/5 even 6 if you include Everton that are ready and waiting for another bite at the top 4.

I am very optimistic about next season as a City fan. We've got rid of some deadwood (Navas, clichy), we've bought a cracker in Bernando Silva, hopefully we've bought a decent goalkeeper this time around, Jesus will have pre-season with us and will get better, fingers crossed Vinny is back and he makes a big difference, we're getting a new defence, we're becoming a younger/faster team, and i'm pretty sure Pep will be wiser from last season. All good in my opinion and can't wait till 12 August.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Ok owl sees all so get involved will ya help your lads see some sense. Were pointing the finger here. Were after the amount of points that Bravo lost city last season and once we habe this we will get a clearer picture of the stupidest decision or top 5 stupidest decisions in PL history.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Football is my sport and it's my way of keeping in touch with the UK.

I know that Pep is no mug and next season he might have finished his learning curve. I see City as top two. Champions; maybe!

Spurs will not cut the mustard next year due to their relocation to Wembley.

2017/18 is going to be closer than this season. Could be the best PL season ever!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Why is a waste of time supporting a PG team?

Where did i say or infer that it's a waste of time supporting a PG team?

What's your gripe with Pep?

You make it up as you go along don't you.

As for Bravo, I have no idea. What's your  (hypothetical/theoretical) assessment and  basis of assessing how many points he lost?

Why do you feel it's relevant to discuss Bravo and last season? Isn't the season over and there's nothing can be done to change how we all finished up, City 3rd and Liverpool below us.

Well for one he is still a city player and surely when a player has performed as bad as that you need to cut your losses? This is a monkey and a half on peps back and should a time come next season when jonny safe hands bravo is needed and gets found out again. Hows it gonna look bredbin? I reckon in confidence he cost your team 6 points and actual points lost where he was in the goal is 9 points. I put you on 93pts had you had a commanding presence in goal. So it's all relevant to peps decision on hart which ultimately cost you the title mate. These are all mistakes PEP made and the team could have done much better had he simply not been so hasty in that 1 decision

14 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Football is my sport and it's my way of keeping in touch with the UK.

I know that Pep is no mug and next season he might have finished his learning curve. I see City as top two. Champions; maybe!

Spurs will not cut the mustard next year due to their relocation to Wembley.

2017/18 is going to be closer than this season. Could be the best PL season ever!

That's great and your welcome when I appeared on this forum I was called a wind up merchant and football is also my sport too so I like to discuss the pros and cons but actually I'm more of a manager myself and whilst your name implies you are an observant character I think you have overlooked the main point in that your 5 year contract keeper cost you 15 points last season and that's what we want to hear about owl so come on strap on a pair and spread some truth will ya

10 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Well for one he is still a city player and surely when a player has performed as bad as that you need to cut your losses? This is a monkey and a half on peps back and should a time come next season when jonny safe hands bravo is needed and gets found out again.

I think buying Ederson has shown that Pep realises Bravo didn't turn out. Hopefully Angus Gunn at Norwich has some sort of recall clause just in case of an injury.

To be absolutely clear. Bravo cost us a huge amount of points but it's hard to say exactly how many

47 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Crikey, why so many post's on here while the Under 20's game is on, oh i forgot City don't have anyone playing :cheesy:

Patriotic to the last :biggrin:

I work Sunday's but well done England. Probably would have won more comfortably if Patrick Roberts wasn't injured :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

To be absolutely clear. Bravo cost us a huge amount of points but it's hard to say exactly how many

I agree.

No one knows how a match will end when just one thing can change the course of the game. OK; so last minute misses (John Terry penalty miss) and saves could be counted but a save here and a bad miss there early in the game means little.

We shouldn't lay too much blame on a keeper who was doing his best. 15 points is HUGE!!!! Five lost games amount to 5 won ones. City could have been Champions!

• Like 1

^^ Told ya already Mr BJ... Roberts  was never in the squad for the <20's as he was still playing for Celtic.  You are thinking of the Euro <21's.

"Patrick Roberts has been ruled out of the European Under-21 Championships.

The Manchester City winger, who has spent the last 18 months on loan at Celtic, has been suffering with a hamstring problem and has not been included in a 23-man squad for the tournament in Poland later this month.

Coach Aidy Boothroyd said Roberts and Chelsea's Izzy Brown can't afford to go after lengthy campaigns with their clubs.

“They’ve played pretty much every game for their clubs over the last three or four months and been carrying injuries to get through,” he said.

“So unfortunately, it’s a bridge too far for them and they were unable to make it as well."

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think buying Ederson has shown that Pep realises Bravo didn't turn out. Hopefully Angus Gunn at Norwich has some sort of recall clause just in case of an injury.

I agree entirely other than the fact if he needs to be counted on again it's going to be a major blow to Peps credibility as a decisive manager and it's cracks like this that should not be papered over and thanks for confirming it from a true blue who clearly has a reality check on a consistent basis. MASSIVE is not 6 points it's at least 9 maybe 12 but the damage a shoddy decision like that swap of keepers had a massive impact on your season and ultimately the decision did not need making so PG brought it on himself and the press being the wolves they are, are well aware of that and likely sharpening their pencils for that sods law moment next season unless guardiola acts accordingly and severes all ties.