Manchester City

mrbojangles

25 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Spurs looked good as well Ronaldinho. Classy work.

Tough to believe City lost points against Everton. They have looked wretched the last two games.

We have a bloody good team....and now a decent bench as well.

I'm expecting us to finish close at the end of the season even in spite of our Wembley curse.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Glad we're not playing you next week.

Don't know how either of you can gauge that performance, it was against 10 really shit men, embarrassing excuses for men that just rolled over after the sending off. 

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:22 PM, Rc2702 said:

I reckon the Citeh boys are gonna be hammered at home hardcore. Not sure these Citeh lads are gelling quickly enough and I'm thinking PG will be using that "give it time guys" speech to the press afterwards. 2-5. 

Sometimes. Just sometimes...................................

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm a life long city fan Rc who has lived life through the wringer. Believe me, I will never get complacent with winning

Trouble is that fans like you are fewer each year and newer and younger fans expect trophies year in and year out. City are not plucky underdogs or living in United's shadow anymore.

Brilliant performance today. Hats off to Aguerro, De Bruyne, Jesus and Sane. John Stones looked the part as well, so too Danillo. Otamendi is a liability. Mendy and Walker look good going forward, but not very good defensively.

The goalie seems to be OK. Tough sending off. Mane only had eyes for the ball.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, champers said:

Trouble is that fans like you are fewer each year and newer and younger fans expect trophies year in and year out. City are not plucky underdogs or living in United's shadow anymore.

Brilliant performance today. Hats off to Aguerro, De Bruyne, Jesus and Sane. John Stones looked the part as well, so too Danillo. Otamendi is a liability. Mendy and Walker look good going forward, but not very good defensively.

The goalie seems to be OK. Tough sending off. Mane only had eyes for the ball.

A big club wouldn't  start singing the Gerard song from the off and the Victims song while their keeper is on the deck and even when they were winning 5 - 0. 

Been on the end of some big defeats from Liverpool.

City's biggest win over Liverpool since 1937..must ask my dad later does he remember that one.

Aguero's first goal for City was his 171st for the club, leaving him only six short of equalling Eric Brook as the club's greatest scorer. Brook took 453 appearances to reach his 177 between 1928 and 1940 - this game was Aguero's 257th.

The Argentina striker is also now the top scoring non-European player in Premier League history, with 124 goals, having overtaken Trinidad and Tobago international Dwight Yorke (123).

Close until the first goal.

Otamendi was having a mare and I really thought scousers would profit down our left.

Goalie was very solid and looking the part.

I thought it was a sending off..he jumps, leg/studs up endangering the goalie. Read the law.

After the sending off we really played it well but as carragher said Liverpool had lost a forward so defensively they should have coped. They didn't.

Thought everybody bar otamendi was excellent. Until jesus was subbed I had him down as MOM but over 90mins has to be kdb.

Mendy can cross a ball can't he.

Nice to see that sane can also play as a forward.

Sane-Mendy-Sane 4th goal was the pick for me.

Thank you Stoke!

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I thought it was a sending off..he jumps, leg/studs up endangering the goalie. Read the law.

After the sending off we really played it well but as carragher said Liverpool had lost a forward so defensively they should have coped. They didn't.

Spot on.

As a forward Mane knew fine well the keeper would be coming out,to raise your foot so high is asking for trouble,and he got it..........sent off.......correct decision,he left the ref with no option :thumbsup:

Missed the second half tinternet down here in Krabi went AWOL,couldn,t stream it...............had to go in a bar  later and have a few beers so as to watch the United match............:cheesy:

In the interests of fairness I've just watched the sending off incident three times.

What makes it a nailed on red for me is he can clearly see the keeper running out for the ball thus in raising his boot so high is intentionally endangering him.

Given the speed they were both running the result could have been far worse imho.

Edited by RonniePickering22

Our attack and in particular Salah was causing you all sorts. You only got on top when a man advantage kicked in. 

Anyway enjoy the win, I'm not bitter, just hate games being decided this way, was looking forward to a fair match that even your manager was surprised didn't happen. Embarrassing capitulation in the second half, but an easy one to write off considering. 

See you at Anfield. 

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Our attack and in particular Salah was causing you all sorts. You only got on top when a man advantage kicked in. 

But we were 1-0 up when he got sent off

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Anyway enjoy the win, I'm not bitter, just hate games being decided this way, was looking forward to a fair match that even your manager was surprised didn't happen. Embarrassing capitulation in the second half, but an easy one to write off considering. 

It's always best when 11 v 11 but he shouldn't have stuck his boot up there. The ref ain't to blame, it's on Mane's shoulders that you went down to 10. But even then, it's no reason to concede like that. We went down to 10 men the other week against Everton but knuckled under, pulled together and got a draw. Could have even won it.

Manc cops with a sense of humour

The tweet, posted by the Greater Manchester Police Middleton account said: “We are deploying a number of officers to Eastlands to take 11 reports of assault due to the beating just handed out to Liverpool FC.“

Worth a read:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cheeky-manchester-police-troll-liverpool-11144675

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

But we were 1-0 up when he got sent off

It's always best when 11 v 11 but he shouldn't have stuck his boot up there. The ref ain't to blame, it's on Mane's shoulders that you went down to 10. But even then, it's no reason to concede like that. We went down to 10 men the other week against Everton but knuckled under, pulled together and got a draw. Could have even won it.

You were winning the match 1-0 but have a look at how many shots we'd had up to the sending off. 

Not denying we responded terribly, but your home draw against a team that got thumped 3-0 at home this weekend is not comparable, they're rubbish. 

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

You were winning the match 1-0 but have a look at how many shots we'd had up to the sending off. 

It's amazing how we all watch football differently. I don't remember Liverpool being dominant or in front and I can't find any stats for shots prior to the sending off. I have therefore looked at the full live commentary from sky up until the sending off and we forced 2 saves and then scored whereas Liverpool only forced one save. I don't know, you may have had more shots off target up to that point but they don't win games.

If you have a link to the stats I'd like to see them out of curiosity

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Not denying we responded terribly, but your home draw against a team that got thumped 3-0 at home this weekend is not comparable, they're rubbish. 

I think we all agree that the best thing about the Prem is that any team can beat another on a given day. Everton for some reason are our bogey team and they weren't rubbish on that day. The main point is, you haven't got to let your heads drop when you go down to 10 men, you have to pull together and Liverpool did the opposite.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

It's amazing how we all watch football differently. I don't remember Liverpool being dominant or in front and I can't find any stats for shots prior to the sending off. I have therefore looked at the full live commentary from sky up until the sending off and we forced 2 saves and then scored whereas Liverpool only forced one save. I don't know, you may have had more shots off target up to that point but they don't win games.

If you have a link to the stats I'd like to see them out of curiosity

Well if you watched the match you would have noticed us getting in behind you again and again and again. There were 6 shots, not all on target and your man Otamendi was getting rinsed repeatedly. 

The sending off defined the match.

if you take this match as some sort of marker then more fool you. 

10 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Well if you watched the match you would have noticed us getting in behind you again and again and again. There were 6 shots, not all on target and your man Otamendi was getting rinsed repeatedly. 

The sending off defined the match.

if you take this match as some sort of marker then more fool you. 

Oh I watched the match BB but with blue glasses and not red ones. According to sky, you only had 7 shots all match and only 3 on target. According to your stat, that must mean you only had 1 more shot for the remainder of the match.

I do agree about Otamendi. That's why we switched him over at half time, then replaced him at about70 mins.

I'm not really taking the match as a marker and I don't think I've done any bragging but I'll happily take the 3 points

• Like 1

"The sending off defined the match".

Probably Liverpool's failure to cope with the sending off defined the match.

It's strange because many teams come to the Etihad, park the bus and try and snatch a goal (often successfully when Bravo is in goal) and that's what Liverpool should have done with salah and the new boys pace but...