Manchester City

mrbojangles

Similar to Huddersfield but worse today. Southampton 11 man defence..game played 35m from their goal..City without Silva and Sane seem clueless to breakdown this defence. Southampton super quick on the break which we're struggling to handle. Could easily have been HT 0V2. Change this 11 and get silva on. Waiting for Southampton to take the lead as the half finished. POOR!

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Similar to Huddersfield but worse today. Southampton 11 man defence..game played 35m from their goal..City without Silva and Sane seem clueless to breakdown this defence. Southampton super quick on the break which we're struggling to handle. Could easily have been HT 0V2. Change this 11 and get silva on. Waiting for Southampton to take the lead as the half finished. POOR!

What a load of shit this is.

It was a good game and Southampton were unfortunate to lose in my opinion.

Very entertaining football from both sides.....I wonder at times about what game you're watching BB!

Go on then, where are my first half comments wrong! I said we were poor - we were poor. I said Southampton should have been 0v2 up - they deserved to be and I was waiting for them to take the lead.

Also read my comment AFTER the final whistle and tell me where it was wrong.

From a neutrals point of view it probably was a good game but from a City perspective we were very poor compared to our form this season, nobody was at their usual performance level, so it was a very frustrating watch.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Think last night showed how balanced we are with Sane/Aguero or Jesus/Sterling & Silva/Fernandinho/KdB but change it like last night with sane injured so Jesus/Aguero/Sterling & silva rested so Gundogan/Fernandinho/KdB and we're no where near the same level. Not sure what sane's problem but we have no width left side without him so fingers crossed he's back at the weekend against zaba.

Before the season started, who would have thought it would be Sterling scoring all these huge winning goals late in games ? Amazing, and a huge confidence boost for a young player who needed some encouragement. During all the talk about Sanchez coming from Arsenal in the summer, I would have gladly thrown in Sterling as make weight. Not now, particularly given the age difference.

• Like 2

We looked very lethargic last night with a lot of very sloppy passing. Vinny got another yellow as he took one for the team after another sloppy pass. It's great to be winning when you're playing like we have been but there's something satisfying about getting 3 points knowing you didn't play as well as you can and were stuffy to get them.

19 wins in a row now. My Mrs is going Ape at me because I won't wash my lucky shirt until we lose. I literally put it on as the match starts, take it straight off after the match and hang it up outside for a breather.

• Like 1

Mrs Boj has my sympathy but she has to understand.

My Mrs got up to watch the game on a school night, like she always does, and chatted with me on Line (I'm overseas)..trained her up real good!

As a matter of interest, which version of a City shirt is it? I love this year's blue kit, think the maroon is brilliant but hate that camouflage kit (my kids love it so maybe it's an age thing).

• Like 1

Our passing was the worst for a while. None of that crisp passing we've seen so often. Far too many intercepted passes though fair dues to Soton they worked really hard to close us down. Worst performance of the season?

Come on Arsenal!

Edited by Bredbury Blue

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Our passing was the worst for a while. None of that crisp passing we've seen so often. Far too many intercepted passes though fair dues to Soton they worked really hard to close us down. Worst performance of the season?

Jim Beglin wins ar**hole of the week for his comment in the Hudders game: "That was crisp from Walker". Even Peter Dreary was underwhelmed.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

As a matter of interest, which version of a City shirt is it? I love this year's blue kit, think the maroon is brilliant but hate that camouflage kit (my kids love it so maybe it's an age thing).

It's this seasons Home shirt. I love the maroon one as well, so I'm getting that one at xmas. I'll be in Thailand so a mate will bring it back from the UK

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Tottenham lost to Barnet. Oh dear lol. :tongue:

At this level it doesn't much matter if you win or lose. It should all be about development and securing the club's future. Can't be emphasised enough. Learn your football trade. Enhance skills. Understand the discipline of systems. Only a few young players will make it through.

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

At this level it doesn't much matter if you win or lose. It should all be about development and securing the club's future. Can't be emphasised enough. Learn your football trade. Enhance skills. Understand the discipline of systems. Only a few young players will make it through.

Totally agree. My reply was tongue in cheek to Ronnie's reply. The Checkatrade is just a bit of good exposure for the young kids of the prem clubs who have put a team out

• Like 2

Here we go again for a very exciting w/e of EPL. The pick has to be Gunners v Devils, but there are a couple of others where the result could go either way. Right Let's get to it and try to get that elusive maximum. Last time out just 5 correct. Must do better! Much better.

3-0 Chelsea v Newcastle
This is the w/e's banker. And so it should be. one of the EPL in-form top-dogs against a struggling Mewcastle. I think all the North East teams (Newcastle, 'boro and Sunderland) all face the same problem. The cold weather! When it kicks in up there the European and Sth Americans go missing. They like the warmer climes. So with that in mind, travelling to a comparative balmy West London, gives the Geordies a sniff of a chance. Just a sniff mind.

1-1 Brighton v Liverpool
The Seaguls have been playing well and if they can stop that express train Sahah they might well hold onto a point.

2-0 Everton v Huddersfield
The Ticklers had a wry smile after the demolition of The Irons in mid/week. Moyes had that glum look. Rooney back on the goal hunt (are you paying attention Southgate; only jesting!). Huddersfield are Jekyll and Hyde - along with Watford - but I can't see anything for them in this one.

2-1 Leicester v Burnley
What a cracker this should be. I was going for a draw 
then thought that the win against Spurs will carry over; so it's a narrow home win.

0-0 Stoke v Swans
Looks on paper like a home win but the Welshers have a history of getting goal-less draws when they need them (Liverpool particularly). And this is just the game for them.

1-2 Watford v SuperSpurs
Both the Manchesters' got a cracking result here. Spurs just have to do the same if they are not to be cut adrift from the big/top boys. If they get beaten I can't see them challenging for top 4 unless there is a similar implosion from a team or two above them. Drop Eriksen to the bench and feed him some vitamins and Red Bull. He looks too shagged to even break sweat. Needs a rest.

1-1 WBA v Palace
Baggies on the way to The Championship!? The Eagles!? We will see who has the juice.

2-0 Arsenal v Man U
For 8/10 years this was the top game in the EPL. With the subsequent rise of money-bags Chelski and then City it has dropped away just a bit. Took Arsenal a long time to really claim The Emirates as their home. It's not a good place for teams to go and get anything now-a-days. Arsenal to seal this one. Ramsey to score.

1-1 Bournemouth v Saints
Could Bournemouth be top South Coast doggie come the end of this season? For a couple of years Saints challenged the big boys but selling off the goodies each season has caught up with them big time.

4-0 Man City v WHU
Along with the Chelski game this looks like the other home certainty. BUT!!! City have made hard work of a couple of recent games so accordingly I'll settle for 4 without reply. Are you ready to entertain Millwall Hammers' fans? Or/and ready to welcome Shrewsbury town to your plush new stadium. If you can't fill it next season perhaps you could ground-share with the O's (just down the road).  Who by the way are the only top division member since WW2 not currently in the football League (stand to be corrected on this guys). 

City are on track for a EPL record points; 96-100. A record winning distance; 20 points. Record goals; 110. Can WHU stop the juggernault? No chance!!

+++

Biggest game outside the Prem'; Bristol City v Middlesboro. A real test of City's credentials. If they can do the bizzo then it will give them the confidence they need for a play-off place at the season's climax. 'boro are no soft-touch though. I'll be watching this one with interest.

Fart Cup; Blackburn - I need not say the second winner of EPL - against Crewe. Dear, dear, dear. How the mighty have fallen! 

Edited by owl sees all

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Here we go again for a very exciting w/e of EPL. The pick has to be Gunners v Devils, but there are a couple of others where the result could go either way. Right Let's get to it and try to get that elusive maximum. Last time out just 5 correct. Must do better! Much better.

3-0 Chelsea v Newcastle
This is the w/e's banker. And so it should be. one of the EPL in-form top-dogs against a struggling Mewcastle. I think all the North East teams (Newcastle, 'boro and Sunderland) all face the same problem. The cold weather! When it kicks in up there the European and Sth Americans go missing. They like the warmer climes. So with that in mind, travelling to a comparative balmy West London, gives the Geordies a sniff of a chance. Just a sniff mind.

1-1 Brighton v Liverpool
The Seaguls have been playing well and if they can stop that express train Sahah they might well hold onto a point.

2-0 Everton v Huddersfield
The Ticklers had a wry smile after the demolition of The Irons in mid/week. Moyes had that glum look. Rooney back on the goal hunt (are you paying attention Southgate; only jesting!). Huddersfield are Jekyll and Hyde - along with Watford - but I can't see anything for them in this one.

2-1 Leicester v Burnley
What a cracker this should be. I was going for a draw 
then thought that the win against Spurs will carry over; so it's a narrow home win.

0-0 Stoke v Swans
Looks on paper like a home win but the Welshers have a history of getting goal-less draws when they need them (Liverpool particularly). And this is just the game for them.

1-2 Watford v SuperSpurs
Both the Manchesters' got a cracking result here. Spurs just have to do the same if they are not to be cut adrift from the big/top boys. If they get beaten I can't see them challenging for top 4 unless there is a similar implosion from a team or two above them. Drop Eriksen to the bench and feed him some vitamins and Red Bull. He looks too shagged to even break sweat. Needs a rest.

1-1 WBA v Palace
Baggies on the way to The Championship!? The Eagles!? We will see who has the juice.

2-0 Arsenal v Man U
For 8/10 years this was the top game in the EPL. With the subsequent rise of money-bags Chelski and then City it has dropped away just a bit. Took Arsenal a long time to really claim The Emirates as their home. It's not a good place for teams to go and get anything now-a-days. Arsenal to seal this one. Ramsey to score.

1-1 Bournemouth v Saints
Could Bournemouth be top South Coast doggie come the end of this season? For a couple of years Saints challenged the big boys but selling off the goodies each season has caught up with them big time.

4-0 Man City v WHU
Along with the Chelski game this looks like the other home certainty. BUT!!! City have made hard work of a couple of recent games so accordingly I'll settle for 4 without reply. Are you ready to entertain Millwall Hammers' fans? Or/and ready to welcome Shrewsbury town to your plush new stadium. If you can't fill it next season perhaps you could ground-share with the O's (just down the road).  Who by the way are the only top division member since WW2 not currently in the football League (stand to be corrected on this guys). 

City are on track for a EPL record points; 96-100. A record winning distance; 20 points. Record goals; 110. Can WHU stop the juggernault? No chance!!

+++

Biggest game outside the Prem'; Bristol City v Middlesboro. A real test of City's credentials. If they can do the bizzo then it will give them the confidence they need for a play-off place at the season's climax. 'boro are no soft-touch though. I'll be watching this one with interest.

Fart Cup; Blackburn - I need not say the second winner of EPL - against Crewe. Dear, dear, dear. How the mighty have fallen! 

Not bad this week Owly, reckon Liverpool will win though, of course and United will draw, other than that looks a decent bet. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Not bad this week Owly, reckon Liverpool will win though, of course and United will draw, other than that looks a decent bet. 

Bob! You were easily correct with Liverpool. 1-5. Easy for them. I fancy City to get 5 today.

Arsenal battered Utd but the goalie had a day to remember.

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't know about you guys but I've still seen nothing from Sanchez that I would say he would be an improvement to what we already have

Yep, and in addition he can be greedy at times, which won't work at City.

Bloody Arsenal let us down..was expecting ManU to drop at least 2 points. We just don't seem to be able to get away from that lot from Trafford. We need to win tonight to get back to 8 points again in case they beat us next week away at their place..which is a definite possibility.

Edited by Bredbury Blue