Manchester City

mrbojangles

As for City, they will have to pay over the odds for all the players they buy now, as all the clubs know how rich they are.

Your'e absolutely right Toady but many other clubs (including United) have paid over the odds for players, well before us. Fortunately, at the moment, it seems to be a drop in the ocean for our owners.

And yes, i don't think Bellamy is worth anywhere near that amount. But I'll get behind him and just hope he proves me wrong.

I am sure that most people who come on here have some connections at their own clubs :D

I doubt james has connections at United Jack. He's never even been there, so i imagine the only connection he has, is his internet connection to their web site :D

wrong yet again bj but getting used to it, but i forgive you given the lack of sleep you must be incurring due to little BJ in the house (mine is 5 months away :D ).

as far as connections go with UTD, we have a cdn on the team albeit injured - does that count? :o

I am sure that most people who come on here have some connections at their own clubs :D

I doubt james has connections at United Jack. He's never even been there, so i imagine the only connection he has, is his internet connection to their web site :D

wrong yet again bj but getting used to it, but i forgive you given the lack of sleep you must be incurring due to little BJ in the house (mine is 5 months away :D ).

as far as connections go with UTD, we have a cdn on the team albeit injured - does that count? :o

What am i wrong about james? Have you actually been there? I thought in another thread you said you went to Manchester but didn't make it to the ground.

As for BabyJangles, no she's not with me yet. The Mrs and baby are coming over to join me in Saudi in two weeks. Good luck with your little one though. Hopefully he/she will see sence and support City :D

What am i wrong about james? Have you actually been there? I thought in another thread you said you went to Manchester but didn't make it to the ground.

As for BabyJangles, no she's not with me yet. The Mrs and baby are coming over to join me in Saudi in two weeks. Good luck with your little one though. Hopefully he/she will see sence and support City :D

Where should I begin...

1) You believed that having the richest owner would buy you instant success

2) should i carry on.....

re Old Trafford, true I didn't make it but then again I wasn't in the city on a holiday and it was only one night. Did manage to pop into a sports shop and viewed some old UTD memorabilia (pictures of Roy Keane kicking the daylights out of a city player and similar quality material)

Two more weeks, enjoy life now - get out and have some fun before BabyBj arrives - oh sorry you are in saudi, i forgot.

As for lil James becoming a City fan, well if that ever happened I have it written into my will that anything I leave him when I depart will be taken back, disinfected and burned.

I have to say that 14 million for a player who is constatnly injured, has a pretty poor goal scoring ratio, and is generally a disruptive nobhead is a great bit of business for West Ham. As for City, they will have to pay over the odds for all the players they buy now, as all the clubs know how rich they are.

If Bellamy can wind his neck in, get his head down and stay fit , then he could be a great buy - but all to often the words, "unfulfilled potential" ,"<deleted>" and "injury prone" spring to mind.

As Sir Bobby Robson said "Bellamy could start an argument in an empty room".

I agree, and I dont like the guy, however, I think short term it is good for us.

I think Hughes knows him well, and has bought him because of the type of person he is............. inyour face/aggressive/opponents hate playing against him, and from all accounts it appears as though he is extremely hard working in training. So he IS bringing qualities that our squad has been lacking. I think he will be a good fit if Hughes can control him.

as far as connections go with UTD, we have a cdn on the team albeit injured - does that count? :D

Where should I begin...

Hang on, hang on. Is anyone else having trouble following this conversation. Your'e not making sense if you follow the replies in the quotes :o

As for the bit about instant success. I think you will find i have always said it would take time and you are more than welcome to trawl my posts on that subject. In fact, I never thought we would even buy a big name in this window. I have always said that next summers transfer window would be the interesting period.

I doubt james has connections at United Jack. He's never even been there, so i imagine the only connection he has, is his internet connection to their web site :wai:

as far as connections go with UTD, we have a cdn on the team albeit injured - does that count? :D

Where should I begin...

Hang on, hang on. Is anyone else having trouble following this conversation. Your'e not making sense if you follow the replies in the quotes :o

As for the bit about instant success. I think you will find i have always said it would take time and you are more than welcome to trawl my posts on that subject. In fact, I never thought we would even buy a big name in this window. I have always said that next summers transfer window would be the interesting period.

stating the obvious. anyways moving forward I think you may have a chance at Kaka again in the summer if you have improved significantly over the remainder of the year, signed some decent players which might make a CLeague run a possibility next year.

Btw, according to my OT connections (and crystal ball), you heard this here first :D Jose Morinho (sp) will be the next manager of Man United at the end of 2009 / 2010 season.

Mmm,

Thought that was a bit of Mancunian wit and banter, but then realised you are a United fan :o . Sorry, dont do southern humour!!.

yep danny boy, the myth that no Utd fans come from Manchester, dont city fans get sick of saying the same old crap. As a mancunian myself, it always humours me to think that city fans believe such drivel.

congrts bkkjames on posting the 100th page on the city forum, made me chuckle that

back to city... this just in..

Robinho has walked out of Manchester City's training camp in Spain.

City are currently in Tenerife on a mid-season break as they are not in action this weekend due to the FA Cup.

It is believed that Robinho and Mark Hughes have had a falling out, which has seen the player walk out on the rest of the squad.

It is claimed the club's record signing is on his way back to Brazil.

If I were Hughes I would bench the little twerp for a month. Two world class trouble makers up front = moments of brilliance and days of headaches.

Btw, according to my OT connections (and crystal ball), you heard this here first :D Jose Morinho (sp) will be the next manager of Man United at the end of 2009 / 2010 season.

:o:D:D

Your Crystal ball must have some Mancester Dampness in it :D

BT :wai:

Robinho has walked out of Manchester City's training camp in Spain.

Update from skysports:-

Robinho hopes for big signing

Striker denies any rift with City after returning to Brazil

Robinho is hoping Manchester City can sign a player to match Kaka's calibre after insisting there has not been a rift with the Premier League club.

City's record-breaking bid to sign Kaka collapsed on Monday night after the Brazilian playmaker announced he would be staying at AC Milan.

In a double setback for City, doubts surfaced over Robinho's future at the club after he walked out of a training camp in Tenerife in order to return to Brazil.

However, Robinho has moved to explain his decision to leave the camp and, while conceding there has been a 'lack of communication', says there are no problems with the club.

And, having hoped for compatriot Kaka to join him at the City of Manchester Stadium, he is now looking for owners Abu Dhabi United Group to swoop for another high-profile player.

"According to Robinho there's no rift between him and the club," read a statement on his personal website at www.fobazo.com.

"He's very happy at Manchester City. He believes in the club's project, on its promises and proposals, and has no intention of leaving his new home.

"There has been a lack of communication somewhere, but nothing has changed.

"Since last week Robinho had asked for the club's permission to travel in order to solve some family problems.

"Therefore, after training at Tenerife on Monday, he left for Brazil with his wife and baby and will be back in a short few days.

"He will for sure be playing on Wednesday against Newcastle and, as usual, will give his all to help the club to achieve victory.

"He is very motivated and says he wants to be the league's top scorer. Therefore, while in Brazil with the family, he will be exercising and keeping fit for the upcoming match.

"Robinho was cheering for Kaka and hopes that the club will soon find a replacement as high level as Kaka is."

I'm really hoping there is no truth in thi story. From skysports:-

City consider Johnson future

Manchester City could be ready to let Michael Johnson leave the club, skysports.com understands.

During recent enquiries for Everton's Joleon Lescott, Scott Parker at West Ham and Newcastle's Shay Given, they have been asked about letting Johnson move in the opposite direction.

As yet City have resisted the option to let Johnson go - but as they look like pushing ahead with an interest in Given, Newcastle do have a firm interest in the England Under 21 star.

Indeed, skysports.com, also understand that Joe Kinnear would happily also take Nedum Onuoha in a deal, and the chance to get both youngsters is sure to be a huge appeal to Newcastle.

Wigan are also understood to have registered their interest in Johnson, as they consider possible replacements for Wilson Palacios, although there are a number of clubs ready to move for the highly-rated 20-year-old.

Aston Villa, Tottenham, Fulham and Portsmouth are also believed to be monitoring Johnson's situation - although Newcastle appear to be heading the race to get him should City allow him to leave.

City are set to reinforce their midfield ranks before the window closes, and they already have bids lodged for Nigel de Jong and also Palacios.

I wonder if Robinho's 25th Birthday on Sunday has anything to do with it ??

Surely that wouldn't coincide with a Family Member being sick, no one would be that immoral surely..... :o

Secondly, Gary Cooke, take a bow Son.... :D

On SSN Cook has just been talking about City and there future:

On Bellamy

" We always said it was not just about signing world class players"

Theres one for your ego Craig... :D

& thirdly ( animated GIF, wait for it to load fully )........:D

post-55211-1232464253_thumb.png

Edited by MSingh

Diggin the baby pics on the other internet medium MrBJs, first time I've seen your face that mate, the babies a sweety.... :D

Fortunately she doesn't get her looks from her dad :o

Awe, don't be daft, you chose the wrong team, that's bad enough. :D

redrus

More money than sense - Part 2 of the ongoing Chronicles...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle2157636.ece

MANCHESTER CITY amazingly handed Hamburg £19million for Nigel de Jong despite knowing he would cost just £2.3m at the end of the season.

The Dutch midfield enforcer, dubbed the vacuum cleaner because he Hoovers up in front of the back four, has signed a four-year deal.

But City's pursuit of the 24-year-old has made them a laughing stock as De Jong had a clause in his Hamburg contract stating he would be available for just £2.3m this summer.

So if the Eastlands mob had waited four months they could have bagged him for a staggering £16.7m less!

Edited by MSingh

More money than sense - Part 2 of the ongoing Chronicles...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle2157636.ece

MANCHESTER CITY amazingly handed Hamburg £19million for Nigel de Jong despite knowing he would cost just £2.3m at the end of the season.

The Dutch midfield enforcer, dubbed the vacuum cleaner because he Hoovers up in front of the back four, has signed a four-year deal.

But City's pursuit of the 24-year-old has made them a laughing stock as De Jong had a clause in his Hamburg contract stating he would be available for just £2.3m this summer.

So if the Eastlands mob had waited four months they could have bagged him for a staggering £16.7m less!

yes, but will turn out to be City's best buy of the window by far.

I concur. We can't afford to wait until summer. We need shoring up at the back now.

I concur. We can't afford to wait until summer. We need shoring up at the back now.

I think this specific obscene abuse of money insinuates you can... :o

I thought Kompany's looked good though when i've seen him & has been one of your better Players ths year, & these 2 play very similar games don't they ??

I thought Kompany's looked good though when i've seen him & has been one of your better Players ths year, & these 2 play very similar games don't they ??

I always thought Kompany was as CB first? maybe with dj there, he can go back to his old spot?

I always thought Kompany was as CB first? maybe with dj there, he can go back to his old spot?

Could do yeah, De Jong won't be playing at Centre Half, that's for sure..

The times i've seen Kompany play where i thought he had played well too, was when he was just sitting in front of the Defence spraying it about & breaking up play..

From skysports:-

Bhoys confirm Evans interest

Celtic coach Neil Lennon has confirmed the club's interest in Manchester City striker Ched Evans.

Gordon Strachan has been tracking Evans since last summer after he impressed in a pre-season friendly between the two sides.

Reports have suggested Celtic are hoping to sign the Wales international before the closure of the transfer window with Evans well down the pecking order at City.

Lennon has revealed Celtic have enquired about the 20-year-old forward.

"I know we have been enquiring about him (Evans)," Lennon told the Daily Record. "You are looking to freshen things up a wee bit at this time of the year. He has been one who has interested us for a while.

"He came on as a sub in the pre-season game against us and caught the eye. Whether we get him or not, we'll have to see.

"I think necessity means that we'll go for players like that with the way the market is.

"Evans had a good record at Norwich last year so he would be one for right now, despite the fact he's young.

"He's been around the first-team squad at City for 18 months now."