Manchester City

mrbojangles

I'm waiting for someone to come out with the reason being its a protest regards a couple of fouls on City players, (such things that have been going on since time began btw) and if this is actually the case,  then its absolutely pathetic.  He made his point the other day, and made it well, but if this is a carry on then he really is a complete drama queen as well as being a brilliant manager.  

13 minutes ago, carmine said:

I'm waiting for someone to come out with the reason being its a protest regards a couple of fouls on City players, (such things that have been going on since time began btw) and if this is actually the case,  then its absolutely pathetic.  He made his point the other day, and made it well, but if this is a carry on then he really is a complete drama queen as well as being a brilliant manager.  

Maybe he's left the space open for Mahrez as a protest about his reduced transfer budget? :biggrin:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, carmine said:

he doesn't have the players having spent 450m in a season and a half.

The two points are not connected Carms, so I don't know why you brought that into it. Well I do really!! The players he spent that money on where either playing, on the bench or injured, so he wasn't leaving a seat empty that could have been filled by someone he spent that money on.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Surely that place should have been given to a youngster if nothing else but for the experience?  Giving the lad a first hand view of what he's trying to aspire to.

Fully agree and have already said so last night. He said the youngsters played the night before so couldn't have played in the match but I think like you, give any of the lads a bit of experience. In honesty, I think it's probably what you said in another post and Pep having a bit of a protest and if so, on that he's totally wrong, bordering on childish

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The two points are not connected Carms, so I don't know why you brought that into it. Well I do really!! The players he spent that money on where either playing, on the bench or injured, so he wasn't leaving a seat empty that could have been filled by someone he spent that money on.

Fully agree and have already said so last night. He said the youngsters played the night before so couldn't have played in the match but I think like you, give any of the lads a bit of experience. In honesty, I think it's probably what you said in another post and Pep having a bit of a protest and if so, on that he's totally wrong, bordering on childish

Stupid thing is he came out and eloquently said what needed to be said,  and then just needed to sit back and lets things happen.

32 minutes ago, carmine said:

Stupid thing is he came out and eloquently said what needed to be said,  and then just needed to sit back and lets things happen.

Now Pep has opened himself up to being ridiculed, and rightly so. It is also a kick in the proverbials to any youth team player hoping to ever make it to the first team squad. 

25 minutes ago, champers said:

Now Pep has opened himself up to being ridiculed, and rightly so. It is also a kick in the proverbials to any youth team player hoping to ever make it to the first team squad. 

Nah. The kiddies have been getting time on the pitch, and with the injuries that will continue. OTOH this move was Pep at his eccentric and weird best.

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Come on let's have an anseer to my comment please gents!!

City fans are in a foul mood this morning Ronaldinho ! We've no time for your tongue wagging tomfoolery !

I was fit for a straitjacket last night !:mad:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jellydog said:

City fans are in a foul mood this morning Ronaldinho ! We've no time for your tongue wagging tomfoolery !

I was fit for a straitjacket last night !:mad:

I thought Burnley worthy of a lot of credit and it would be unfair to them to put the result down to an under performance by City.  if more teams had shown that level of commitment City might not have run away with the league quite so easily.

17 minutes ago, carmine said:

I thought Burnley worthy of a lot of credit and it would be unfair to them to put the result down to an under performance by City.  if more teams had shown that level of commitment City might not have run away with the league quite so easily.

No question that there was plenty of commitment from Burnley, but there has been plenty of commitment from other clubs playing City...to no avail. The lack of Spanish Dave and Sane is immense. Not enough cutting edge last night from City, and Sterling spurning a gimme sent me into a paroxysm of fury. Add in Gundogan's imitation of Sissoko, blazing up the pitch and then...nothing.  Also add in Bernardo treading water on the right side. He's a talented footballer but looks lost at times out wide. He holds the ball too long which I know must drive Pep nuts.

At any rate, I'm still in a foul mood and probably too hard on both Gundogan and Silva.:cowboy:

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

In response to Carmines post 24999. Credit to Burnley but come on, City controlled the game and should have killed it off had we took a fraction of our chances. Dropped points of our own fault.

Yes but you didn't take your chances and if not for 2 excellent saves - Burnley would have beaten City.

And you do have to give massive credit to a side worth frig all in comparison to City, a side that usually spends its tenure in the EPL battling relegation but are in 7th and did to City what only 3 other teams have managed to do all season. 

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No comments on the game or dropping the 9th point of the season, only on the invisible 7th sub. Why am I not surprised?

Its highly unusual is why BB.

You're surely not telling me you had no one who could or would have loved to be named on the sub bench!

33 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its highly unusual is why BB.

You're surely not telling me you had no one who could or would have loved to be named on the sub bench!

Agreed it's unusual Ronnie but it's a convenient story for the Pep knockers. The guy has behaved impeccably since he came and this is the only "dirt" they can pin on him. Pretty poor non story really. It's upto him how many players he put's on the bench. Hopefully Conte and Moureen will have another spat and it'll be all forgotten about 

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Agreed it's unusual Ronnie but it's a convenient story for the Pep knockers. The guy has behaved impeccably since he came and this is the only "dirt" they can pin on him. Pretty poor non story really. It's upto him how many players he put's on the bench. Hopefully Conte and Moureen will have another spat and it'll be all forgotten about 

25th February at the Theatre of Wet Dreams Conte v's Moroniho

Conte has already called him out on it and Moureen went all quiet after that, 

i'll definitely be tuning in for the big event, looking forward to it. :biggrin:

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Yes but you didn't take your chances and if not for 2 excellent saves - Burnley would have beaten City.

And you do have to give massive credit to a side worth frig all in comparison to City, a side that usually spends its tenure in the EPL battling relegation but are in 7th and did to City what only 3 other teams have managed to do all season. 

Burnley had 3 chances to City's 7 chances. Ederson saved 2 of them and almost had the one that went in. So i agree with you, had Burnley scored more than City they would have won :smile:

Screenshot_2018-02-04-16-17-47.png

• Haha 1

Rather than consider the 7th sub nonsense,  it's more of note that City's bench featured kids Tosin, Zinchenko (who's played a lot recently) and Diaz. When Pep subbed Sterling,  he brought on 18yr old Diaz (his 4th appearance on the bounce?) instead of Yaya...now footballingwise that's far more interesting.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Rather than consider the 7th sub nonsense,  it's more of note that City's bench featured kids Tosin, Zinchenko (who's played a lot recently) and Diaz. When Pep subbed Sterling,  he brought on 18yr old Diaz (his 4th appearance on the bounce?) instead of Yaya...now footballingwise that's far more interesting.

You can't put fact in here BB, the Pep knockers won't be happy.

After 25 games, City had an identical record with the magnificent Tottenham double-winning team of 1960-61, and the draw at Burnley bettered Bill Nicholson’s side, who lost their 26th. It is also worth remembering that, by that stage of the season, Spurs had played only one additional game – a third round FA Cup tie. As of Saturday evening City had 39 matches on the clock. 

Guardiola’s team has played 22 games in 11 weeks since the last international break.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Guardiola’s team has played 22 games in 11 weeks since the last international break.

And that was back in November

The fixture schedule really needs looking at. In particular but not limited to, it really doesn't help English teams who have progressed in the Champs League.It's those waste of time England friendlies that get my goat

16 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You can't put fact in here BB, the Pep knockers won't be happy.

Interesting, City fans are sounding more and more like United fans during the Ferguson era.......next you'll be referring to ABC's like them and their pathetic ABU label they created, the one that Creepy Peter used to bark on about.

Obviously you won't agree with this but its exactly what it sounds like.

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Interesting, City fans are sounding more and more like United fans during the Ferguson era.......next you'll be referring to ABC's like them and their pathetic ABU label they created, the one that Creepy Peter used to bark on about.

Obviously you won't agree with this but its exactly what it sounds like.

What are you on about Carms? No, I won't agree with it cos I honestly don't know what you are on about.

Spurs fans in particular knock Pep for his percieved lack of giving youth a go but even when the facts are put up showing he does give them a go you won't believe it. What that has to do with United fans in Fergusson era I really haven't a clue