Manchester City

mrbojangles

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Isn't that part of what makes sport exciting though? The fact that you know things can go for and against you.... it isn't always fair, but neither is life ^__^

Not for me Rick. The officials are there to do a job in making decisions, if there is technology available to help them get those decisions right then I am and always have been for it to be used

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not for me Rick. The officials are there to do a job in making decisions, if there is technology available to help them get those decisions right then I am and always have been for it to be used

You play 90 minutes which ends a wrong result (and before the aussie jumps in I'm talking generally not about last night) due to the referee not getting it right, how can they be acceptable?  It's not. Not for you and me who are just spectators but for the footballers and clubs who's livelihood is affected. Sorry but the footballing community should be doing its upmost to ensure games are refereed as close to perfection as possible and not accepting its difficult to do or will affect the flow of the game or is part of sport or life.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Can never say never but I agree. Give the fans something to cheer about and go full on to win the prem on Saturday. Then throw the kitchen sink at em on Tuesday as we have nothing to lose.

That's exactly my thinking.  Put the best 11 out at home IN OUR DERBY MATCH (subtle eh!) against Stretford United,  try get the Premier on Saturday and a big confidence booster to go in to the 2nd leg. For the 2nd leg, assuming Aguero is fit, I'd start 352 with him and Jesus as I don't think we can score 3 with our 433...got to gamble, it's a 90 minute cup final. Get Delph or Zinchenko back on Saturday,  not convinced with laporte and he's not as good stepping in to midfield which affects us. Gundogan doesn't look up to it in a game like last night;  he's to slow and weak. Still can't believe he didn't play right footed Danilo to counter Salah cutting in. I didn't want Sterling to start but I got that wrong; he was decent when he came on. can't wait for Saturday! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

And you are still trying to be antagonistic. Why you can't be civil is beyond me.

I have mentioned our disallowed goal twice today. Once in reply to stevie in which he said we didn't have a shot on target. And the other was to Bob who said he was glad we didn't get an away goal. That disallowed goal would have sorted out both of those posts. If that's whinging, crying or complaining then we have a different definition

I love that you didn't get the goal mrboj because it means you will need a perfect performance in the second leg.

Its time your team had a real challenge.

22 hours ago, sanemax said:

Liverpool released a statement condemning what happened

Seems like it was "mob rule" and the Police were not in control .

The bus ended up being undriveable and a replacement needed to be called for, for the drive home .

With all the recent terror attacks and the bombing of the Dortmund team bus last year , it must have been at the least, unsettling for the Man City playersA fan stands on top of a police van

The pitchforks and scythes are well hidden.

It reminded me of the slaughter scene..."the horror,  the horror.."

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The pitchforks and scythes are well hidden.

Although the bottles smashing into the team bus were quite visible .

I am not suggesting that the scene should be in a horror movie .

I just suggested that it may have unsettled the players , causing them to not be fully focused on the game 

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I just suggested that it may have unsettled the players , causing them to not be fully focused on the game 

I've watched the video.  I think its safe to assume that they would not have been unsettled at all.

This has been completely overplayed yet City and their players to their credit have made little of it and not used it as an excuse.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I was making the point that the Liverpool fans reminded me of the colonel kurtz's 'natives' in Apocalypse Now. Tribal and not in a good way.

If the attack had happened out of the blue I wouldn't be so pissed off about it, but its the fact it was premeditated weeks ago and LFC and Liverpool plod did nothing about the planned attack by the Liverpublicans.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If the attack had happened out of the blue I wouldn't be so pissed off about it, but its the fact it was premeditated weeks ago and LFC and Liverpool plod did nothing about the planned attack by the Liverpublicans.

The welcoming party was organised by Liverpool football club themselves .

Liverpool football club suggested that fans get on the streets and show their passion for the club upon Man Cities arrival on their team coach 

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The welcoming party was organised by Liverpool football club themselves .

Liverpool football club suggested that fans get on the streets and show their passion for the club upon Man Cities arrival on their team coach 

Moving on.

I think we can pretty sure Pep will rest a few key players Saturday vs ManU to give them a few days extra rest for the Liverpool return on Tuesday. Who? Think we guess one will be Vinny? Jesus if Kun is ready? One of kdb and Merlin (probably merlin). Walker? Sane?

In September 2009, when Rednose was asked if he ever saw a time when the champions would be derby underdogs - he replied: "Not in mylife-time.". Didn't take many years...3 years later and ever since. Its a funny old game Saint!

What is annoying me in advance of Saturday... if we lose it will be portrayed as the triumph of Good football ideology over Evil football ideology, rather than an excellent team beating a very good team. 

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What is annoying me in advance of Saturday... if we lose it will be portrayed as the triumph of Good football ideology over Evil football ideology, rather than an excellent team beating a very good team. 

Hold on a minute.  At the end of the day City's football is great to watch.  United's is just dreadful.  Sorry if you don't like what said but unless the world goes blind we see what we see.  Or are you saying this is not the case, as in, Mourinho's United are exciting and easy on the eye?

I find it quite hilarious Mourinho is irked because no one likes his grotesque brand of anti football.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Whatever the result, the style of play Mourinho adopts will decide how Man U will be portrayed. It really is....'Up to Him' 

15 minutes ago, carmine said:

his grotesque brand of anti football.

:laugh: all because of a 0-0 draw back in December, and a poor performance against Sevilla.

We have played a lot of good football this year.

I'm not contesting City are a better team, and better to watch. But it amuses me how all these 'experts' think they know exactly how Mourinho is trying to play...

He has already said we are in transition. You don't think he wants to get more out of our attacking players? We are not where we want to be attacking wise, but many great teams are built on a solid GK and defence.... please go and tell all AC Milan fans that their great sides of the late 80s and early 90s were anti football.

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

:laugh: all because of a 0-0 draw back in December, and a poor performance against Sevilla.

We have played a lot of good football this year.

I'm not contesting City are a better team, and better to watch. But it amuses me how all these 'experts' think they know exactly how Mourinho is trying to play...

He has already said we are in transition. You don't think he wants to get more out of our attacking players? We are not where we want to be attacking wise, but many great teams are built on a solid GK and defence.... please go and tell all AC Milan fans that their great sides of the late 80s and early 90s were anti football.

No, don't say that, its not about one game.  Frankly, its everytime i see you play.  Its not just me, from what i hear your own fans loathe it too.

Mourinho's style when well drilled cuts it in the EPL but it won't in the CL against elite sides and managers.  I'm not surprised why so many United fans are unhappy.

If you are trying to draw any comparison to Franco Baresi's Milan team then stop now, because thats simply ridiculous.  Yes, they had probably the best club back four ever but they had the rest of it all too.  

What on earth are you doing comparing that side with this United side?!!!!

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

Mourinho's style when well drilled cuts it in the EPL but it won't in the CL against elite sides and managers.  I'm not surprised why so many United fans are unhappy.

He has won 2 CL titles?

----

I'm not comparing those 2 sides for what they have achieved, obviously. But Milan during that time were a tactically minded team built on an outstanding defence. But they, like us, could also hammer teams 4-0 on their day. I am making the point that there is nothing wrong with taking a tactical approach - or is that too hard for you to grasp?

If you think we are dreadful every time we play you are simply blinkered. Or you need to take some time off from boring your Thai GF and watch some more games.

Edited by RickG16

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He has won 2 CL titles?

----

I'm not comparing that 2 sides for what they have achieved, obviously. But Milan during that time were a tactically minded team built on an outstanding defence. But they, like us, could also hammer teams 4-0 on their day. I am making the point that there is nothing wrong with taking a tactical approach - or is that too hard for you to grasp?

If you think we are dreadful every time we play you are simply blinkered. Or you need to take some time off from boring your Thai GF and watch some more games.

Well sorry to have to inform you but it appears that the vast majority seem to agree with my opinion.

And you've skipped over the unhappy mood of United fans too.  As for 4-0 wins, yes your extremely expensive star studded team can hammer the odd bit of relegation fodder but really, don't go down that path of argument, it won't cut it either.  

BTW, were you happy when your tactical approach as you put it was to park the bus, at home in the manchester derby?  Or were you somewhat aghast like the rest of us?  And a certain Alex Ferguson by all accounts.

43 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Credible source?

Not including body language experts who have analysed his facial expressions in the stand. 

Honestly Rick, if thats the only comeback then i think you do acknowledge what i've said.

Anyway, we have a semi final coming up.  I presume United will sit back and wait for us too make a mistake.  Maybe we will.  Either way, its just not the style of football i prefer to watch.  May the best team win.

Is there any problem with playing to your strengths? If a team is set up to defend and play on the counter what is wrong with that?

One thing about Mourinho, he would have been a bit more canny than Pep the other night and gone for a 1st leg away draw or sneak a goal to take back for the home leg, and thats smart. Definitely couldn't see a Mourinho team going home 0v3 down.

Takes all sorts Carmine.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, carmine said:

Honestly Rick, if thats the only comeback then i think you do acknowledge what i've said.

You said "by all accounts" Fergie was aghast, and you've failed to come up with a single account :laugh:

I already told you I am happy overall, so no need to respond if you ask "was i aghast".....

So you are a Spurs fan. It all makes sense now. Stay on your 'anti football' high horse... two places below us. 

Typical City!

Brilliant first half performance but wasteful which cost us big time.

Chapeau to ManU for not being wasteful.

Now THAT'S what you call a derby.

Been a horrible week and I don't think it's going to improve with Liverpool and Spurs next up.

So we wait...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Typical City!

Been a horrible week and I don't think it's going to improve with Liverpool and Spurs next up.

So we wait...

Normal service is resumed. :w00t:

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Typical City!

So we wait...

And don't forget that the ref was a (insert expletive) 2 nailed on stone wall penalties and Young shouldn't have been on the park.

• Haha 1