Manchester City

mrbojangles

A reported flame post has been removed from this topic.

I rarely venture into this forum as there are a couple of other mods who are regular participants and usually keep things on an even keel, however vigourous arguments/discussion is one thing but personal attacks and name-calling is another... and against Forum Rules.

Enjoy your discussions... but leave the name-calling out of it please.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, BangrakBob said:

Watched episode 3 of the City doco last night. 

The chairman made a very interesting comment in a post match conversation  , he said we haven’t really done anything yet. Ok we’ve won a couple of titles and some cups but.....

Amazing how the owners appear not overly arsed about anything accept the CL. I guess that is the greatest exposure for them too. 

Looking forward to the quarterfinal episode...

Downloaded the full series on Wednesday night. Just finished watching episode 5. Really enjoying it

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Nope, I'll be staying up to watch it Ronnie. Never miss a match because of the time it's on, I'll just be knackered for work

And it gets worse when those clocks go back, midnight kick-off for CL. Likewise though, I have to watch it live. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Downloaded the full series on Wednesday night. Just finished watching episode 5. Really enjoying it

Yeah, I managed to get a super HD copy, so I wait to watch it on the tv. I've not got past episode 4 yet, but I am enjoying it. 

Latest on spurs shambles

Following Monday’s announcement that Manchester City’s fixture away to Tottenham Hotspur has been moved to Monday 29th October, the Club has continued to look at ways to reduce the financial impact for fans who had already made existing travel plans. ​

Manchester City will refund rail and coach travel on all non-refundable purchases, full details of which can be found below. This is in addition to the provision by Manchester City of free coach travel from Manchester to Wembley stadium for fans who qualify with a valid match ticket.

City intend to reimburse all coach and train tickets bought by fans who can no longer attend the match, while also providing free travel for those who can still make it.

According to The Sun, the Citizens asked Tottenham to help cover some of the costs as a good-will gesture, but the Lilywhites are refusing to do so.

A City source is quoted by the publication as saying: "The conversations with Tottenham didn't go anywhere so we decided to go ahead and make plans. We wanted to do the right thing by our fans."

Tight cockney barstewards!

I haven't seen anything but highlights of Fulham so far but i understand they're likely to have a go.

Sane needs a good game. He and Mendy seem to occupy each others space, but I'd like to see him start or get at least 40mins.

Otamendi hasn't had a minute yet this season. Could come in for laporte or maybe he'll start at Oxford.

Sterling over Mahrez for me. Mahrez another who is desperate for his season to start.

The Silvas and Stones have been our best players so far.

I'd start:

Ederson,
Walker, Stones, Laporte, Mendy;
Bernardo, Fernandinho, D. Silva;
Sterling, Aguero, Sane

We need to find our form, quickly.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Why is it suddenly an issue the minute anyone half decent isn't in a team. You can only pick 11 players. And City also have Jesus / Mahrez.

"half decent" he is the PFA young player of the year, one of the fastest wingers in the league, I don't know what Jesus or his mate have to do with it. He was immense last season and he hasn't started a match this season. 

I was asking the fans one here who may know more about it. 

39 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

"half decent" he is the PFA young player of the year, one of the fastest wingers in the league, I don't know what Jesus or his mate have to do with it. He was immense last season and he hasn't started a match this season. 

I was asking the fans one here who may know more about it. 

Pep says there is  no problem with Sane. Bernardo has been in good form, and then you compete with Sterling and Mahrez. Heavy competition !

• Like 1

Sane pre-season and start of the season is completely off-form. Came on the other day (Wolves, and couldn't control the ball at all - did have one good run though). Not sure why this is. Looks to my eyes that Sane may have an attitude. Being dropped  for the WC can't have helped. The recent birth also. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Pep says there is  no problem with Sane. Bernardo has been in good form, and then you compete with Sterling and Mahrez. Heavy competition !

Bernardo never plays leftside. Mahrez could/should play leftside but doesn't (currently slows down every attack on the right and looks lost - exactly the same as Bernardo 1st half last season until he learnt how we play). Sterling is half as effective on the left. Sane has no direct competition on the left (competition is the 3 players mentioned , on the right) but as mentioned he and Mendy occupy the same space and Pep doesn't like that. Last season Sane flourished  when Mendy was out, as Delph doesn't push forward, linking with Silva, playing nice 1-2s. That can't  happen so much now as Silva plays deeper while KdB is out and *Mendy continually moving foward squeezes the space Sane likes to burst forward in to.

*Never seen a fullback attack as much as Mendy. No fullback gets in the box as much as him. Laporte repeatedly left exposed.