Manchester City

mrbojangles

9 minutes ago, champers said:

The name's Bond. John Bond. The Zenith Data Systems Trophy is not enough. Brought in to clear up Malcom Allison's mess. Steve Daley UK record transfer fee anyone?

Ahh yes Steve Daley...if only they had the same scouting team now! :w00t:

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Ahh yes Steve Daley...if only they had the same scouting team now! :w00t:

Proof positive that paying well over the odds is nothing new at City. Add in Michael Robinson and Steve McKenzie for further proof.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, champers said:

There is a fun quiz for City fans on the BBC Football page. Name the last derby starting XI before the Abu Dhabi takeover. There are clues; I got 5 out of 11. No cheating now!

Champers, I'm  impressed you got 4 plus Hamann - well done!

Tough quiz. I got 10 with a bit of *cheating...embarrased to say the one i didn't get was an obvious one: the only scorer in the 1v0 victory  - geovanni...doh!!!

*knew the player but couldn't  remember  the name so had to google, example,

Man City Spurs Croatia Charlie = corluka

Edited by Bredbury Blue

29 minutes ago, champers said:

The name's Bond. John Bond. The Zenith Data Systems Trophy is not enough. Brought in to clear up Malcom Allison's mess. Steve Daley UK record transfer fee anyone?

Bond turned a mess in to a decent team...i went to the 81 cup final and replay (ps. I looked the two spurs argies of that time)...two great games won by a special goal by ricky villa.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Champers, I'm  impressed you got 4 plus Hamann - well done!

Tough quiz. I got 10 with a bit of *cheating...embarrased to say the one i didn't get was an obvious one: the only scorer in the 1v0 victory  - geovanni...doh!!!

*knew the player but couldn't  remember  the name so had to google, example,

Man City Spurs Croatia Charlie = corluka

I would have had 6 if I spelled Schmeikel correctly.

Corluka is still going; came off the bench in the World Cup.

Hamann signed for Bolton but never played. Petrov missed a sitter for Bolton to keep them in the Prem same day you won it in 2012. 

8 hours ago, champers said:

Proof positive that paying well over the odds is nothing new at City. Add in Michael Robinson and Steve McKenzie for further proof.

adds daley and the terrible trio's complete  !!!

none less than AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL come out against man city and it's owners  intentions

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/nov/11/manchester-city-owners-accused-sportswashing-gulf-image

:1zgarz5:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

adds daley and the terrible trio's complete  !!!

none less than AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL come out against man city and it's owners  intentions

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/nov/11/manchester-city-owners-accused-sportswashing-gulf-image

:1zgarz5:

I've even heard it rumoured Man City players insist on plastic straws with their half time refreshments. :violin:

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Give it a bladdy rest. Like broken records

best have a word  with amnesty or todays observer  i'm sure they'le be sypathetic  ,,, if its true SIMPLE it needs stopping so  it'll go when it goes

decent game though,, typical murry spoiler.

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

best have a word  with amnesty or todays observer  i'm sure they'le be sypathetic  ,,, if its true SIMPLE it needs stopping so  it'll go when it goes

decent game though,, typical murry spoiler.

It's a football forum 3-2. We've always tried to keep politics out of here and stick to footy or it can go off at a right tangent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I remember the days of a Shaun Goater miracle double, what a contrast, that first 20 30 mins was sublime. United not being able to deal with the press is questionable tactically, what did they expect...

And they didn't have de Bruyne and Sane, young player of the year didn't come on till midway through the second half.  Silva was their best player and i loved seeing him dancing around a three man midfield of Fellaini, Herrera and Mata that were surely picked to kick lumps out of him.

This is City's big chance for the champions league.  It might as well be said, its quite obvious it is.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Ederson: ManU's man of the match.

Seriously setting up with 3 defensive midfielders tells you everything and gave the ManU front 3 nothing to feed off. I thought we were brilliant though I'll admit to feeling uncomfortable for 5 minutes after ederson lost his head and gifted ManU a goal (was it their only shot on target?). Mourinho's subs actually helped us more than them and with Aguero going off for Gundogan we were cutting through their midfield at will. Looking forward to watching it again...and again...and again...

So many positives from that performance. Spanish Dave was sublime and seems to get better with age. Aguero with an Aguero screamer. Fernandinho was everywhere as usual. There's your three City old pros making a huge difference. A great team performance all around. And Ederson's distribution ! Honestly I don't think I've ever seen a keeper better with his feet and distribution. And so relaxed and confident in doing so. Some work on not fouling strikers in the box in order though.

I haven't read the reports this morning, but did Mourinho have anything to complain about ?

And before I forget, it was nice to see that annoying little shitbird Herrera have an abysmal game.

53 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I haven't read the reports this morning, but did Mourinho have anything to complain about ?

I’m his interview afterwards he said the difference in the past week re travelling in matches etc meant the teams came into the game in a different frame of mind (words to that extent). I would of thought united would be on a high after the won in Turin but I guess he meant with the mileage travelled. 

He popped another couple of excuses in too but overall, for him, he was reasonably gracious in defeat from what I saw. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I’m his interview afterwards he said the difference in the past week re travelling in matches etc meant the teams came into the game in a different frame of mind (words to that extent). I would of thought united would be on a high after the won in Turin but I guess he meant with the mileage travelled. 

He popped another couple of excuses in too but overall, for him, he was reasonably gracious in defeat from what I saw. 

Having Pogba available might have helped some, but with his inconsistent form its hard to say.