Manchester City

mrbojangles

This week I posted a video from City fan and financial expert Colin Savage. Here's something he wrote in 2009 I really like:

"things have changed in the world in general, football in particular, likewise the city you once knew has changed too.
to you, she was a dotty, eccentric, slightly down at heel girl, who could be amusing and irritating in turn. someone the local lads laughed at while wolf whistling at the local vamp in red.
BUT, for all her imperfections, you and her other friends stuck with her, even though she embarrassed you from time to time.

Well, now she's won the lottery, had a face lift, a boob job, some liposuction and shops at harvey nicks!
she's gone from being a mousy brunette to a striking blonde, she looks like a million dollars but hasnt lost her sense of fun. she's some one you want to be seen with, even though your really not sure if she is going to do something she really shouldnt.

and everyones taking notice now, so perhaps you feel a little jealous of all the attention she's getting, which is natural, but she has made it clear that she isnt going back to what she was just to keep you happy.
there are new people chasing her affections, BUT, as long as her original friends are there in her inner circle, she'll never be allowed to forget who she once , we'll still be her real soul.
so, swallow your pride, get on the bus, its going to be an exciting ride!!"

4 hours ago, carmine said:

But then again, let's try and take it back to the real situation and not the preference that you like which is to maintain its all just jealousy.

The real question is not about how much money you have.  Its about do you operate within the rules and this is the subject matter within the allegations.  Stop spinning it, it's about FFP, abiding by the rules and jealousy something purely dreamt up by City fans to mask any other concerns they might otherwise have.

Your obsessed man. Not every post in here has to be associated with FFP and those allegations. We are a team who plays in the Prem League in which FFP does not exist. I was replying to Bob who was replying to Maximus, who was referring to Fergie years and the Prem. Bob even referenced us winning by 20 points. That doesn't happen in the CL.  You need to stop with this obsession

48 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Actually it's not a troll comment , it's what i firmly believe; think you'll find there's a few others who also believe it. Can't remember exactly who you visited and got beat by when expected to win - a london rival was it - when the heat was on, spurs bottled it.

Just shut up or go away.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Just shut up or go away.

He loves this old chestnut!!  So lets take him on a trip down Reality Lane....

39 out of 42 available points. Yep, that's bottling it alright!!!   BB really is a chump who bizarrely thinks he's being clever!!!  How many teams do you imagine has been able to do that!!  Its far more of a testament to the consistency of the title winners but of course we all know how blinkered City fans are.

And yet i don't remember us crying and whining, oh the excuses,  going on for months like he did when they got right royally dumped out of the CL by Liverpool, coming out with all manner of excuses (rather than admitting they were outplayed and seem to bottle it every time they play Liverpool)  

And then of course some drunk threw a hot dog at their bomb proof team bus and the entire squad was psychologically damaged......all in all, a proper bottle job.  

Just hold yer hands up, admit you bottled it you were well beaten and thats the end of it.

Out of your depth as per usual!!!!!

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine

Leicester City were crowned champions of England for the first time in their history after Tottenham squandered a two-goal lead to draw with Chelsea.

Spurs' only hope of claiming a first top-flight title since 1961 was to win their final three games of the season.

SPURS BOTTLED IT WHEN IT REALLY MATTERED...CHOKED

However, league titles are measured over a season and you could argue any points dropped in the season are the reason why one doesn’t win a title. Liverpool 88/89, 13/14. United 95 all lost on fine margins, not bottling it.

In my opinion, bottling a title is more like having a huge lead and letting it go Newcastle United is the perfect example or Barcelona collapse in 15/16.

Spurs like the rest of the big sides, missed an opportunity. Leicester took it. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

Just now, BangrakBob said:

However, league titles are measured over a season and you could argue any points dropped in the season are the reason why one doesn’t win a title. Liverpool 88/89, 13/14. United 95 all lost on fine margins, not bottling it.

In my opinion, bottling a title is more like having a huge lead and letting it go Newcastle United is the perfect example or Barcelona collapse in 15/16.

Nah I like the term bottlers and let's face it whenever they reach a semi they bottle it too.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine

Leicester City were crowned champions of England for the first time in their history after Tottenham squandered a two-goal lead to draw with Chelsea.

Spurs' only hope of claiming a first top-flight title since 1961 was to win their final three games of the season.

SPURS BOTTLED IT WHEN IT REALLY MATTERED...CHOKED

Bredbury Troll, you ain't very good at this are you.....

Sounds like you're still a whining sore loser since you got fairly and squarely beaten by Liverpool......when it really mattered.

And then there was Wigan Athletic????

Carmine, I'm not sure what it is you think I'm not so good at or why you call me a troll for stating my opinion but your mate Ronnie referred to "The perfect example of a team choking is Keegan's Newcastle side" to which i opined that Spurs bottled it at the end of the Leicester season vs Spurs and the hammering away to the geordies. You know Spurs bottled it, we all know Spurs bottled it.

Definition of "bottled it" = To lose one's nerve, courage, or resolve to undertake something. We hardly "bottled" vs Wigan in either of the fa cup games (final or lower round). They scored an injury time goal in the final and an against the run of play breakaway (Walker error i think) in the other game.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

...however, usually at some point in winning a title there will be a game or games when you have to step up to win a game or games, have the balls to handle the pressure. The one that always springs to mind for me with City was Mancini's City who lost a decent point lead, clawed back to ManU and then had to beat ManU to go clear  - Kompany headed winner game. So bottling it could be losing a big points lead or it could be losing one or more high pressure games. In the case of Spurs, when the pressure was on they bottled it.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...however, usually at some point in winning a title there will be a game or games when you have to step up to win a game or games, have the balls to handle the pressure. The one that always springs to mind for me with City was Mancini's City who lost a decent point lead, clawed back to ManU and then had to beat ManU to go clear  - Kompany headed winner game. So bottling it could be losing a big points lead or it could be losing one or more high pressure games. In the case of Spurs, when the pressure was on they bottled it.

I disagree, bottling it is having something firmly in your grasp only to have it taken from you. Jean van de Velde needing only a double boogey to win the 1999 British Open is a perfect example.

But your example to run clear is the type of pressure that goes week in, week out, it had no definitive impact at that point in time.

Liverpool throwing away a 3 nil lead to Palace 13/14 was bottling it because that lost us the league, not the Gerrard slip. At the same time the main reason was our defense were rubbish all season so? 

If you didn't win the league in 11/12 would you say you bottled it after such a good start? It was only a lucky scuffed ball from Balotelli that made the difference?

3 hours ago, maximuss99 said:

A bottler or a choke is down to #.not acheiving any objective that is within your reach#

Totts are serial chokers or bottlers at it

their latest choke is their new stadium delay ????

Not surprised you don't fully grasp the nature of the term cobber not being born and bred in the UK.

Not aimed at a particular post but in general.

Banter is one thing but I'm getting a bit fed up lately of people getting personal and name calling. I've had to be away quite a lot lately which has led to other mods having to step in. Pack it in or warnings will be given. I'll post the same message on some other threads. Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I disagree, bottling it is having something firmly in your grasp only to have it taken from you. Jean van de Velde needing only a double boogey to win the 1999 British Open is a perfect example.

But your example to run clear is the type of pressure that goes week in, week out, it had no definitive impact at that point in time.

Liverpool throwing away a 3 nil lead to Palace 13/14 was bottling it because that lost us the league, not the Gerrard slip. At the same time the main reason was our defense were rubbish all season so? 

If you didn't win the league in 11/12 would you say you bottled it after such a good start? It was only a lucky scuffed ball from Balotelli that made the difference?

I purposely resisted mentioning that in my examples of bottling it ????

Had we not won it in 11/12 the Emirates loss would have been the game we bottled (balotelli sent off in that game and we crumbled).

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

To me the nature of bottling it comes from a position where you are in front.

I suppose it is just an interpretation.

"Bottling it , bottle job" are school boy phrases from the late 70's, early 80's which meant *to be scared of something*

Its a playground term and adults in 2018  really shouldnt be still talking like that

Derby day. The first of the two games per season i hate. Way to nervous to enjoy it.

In the 7 seasons since City caught up ManU (11/12) the record is:
Etihad - City won 3 Lost 3 Drew 1
OT - City won 5 Lost 1 Drew 1
Total - City won 8 Lost 4 Drew 2

Worrying is that ManU have a decent record at the Etihad having won 2 and drawn 1 of the last 3 so form over the season means nothing in a derby.