Tourist Visa

:o Hi, I am a Singaporean and i recently applied for a tourist visa at the Singapore Thai Embassy and it is free of charge. Does the same rules appies to other countries and foreigners too? I saw some of the posting and was informed that a visa fee need to be paid so I am confused. Anyone can help?

:o Hi, I am a Singaporean and i recently applied for a tourist visa at the Singapore Thai Embassy and it is free of charge. Does the same rules appies to other countries and foreigners too? I saw some of the posting and was informed that a visa fee need to be paid so I am confused. Anyone can help?

As far as I am aware, as a Singaporean you were entitled to a 30 day permit on arrival in Thailand without charge. A longer stay visa, say a tourist visa enabling a 60 day stay should attract a fee. What period of stay in Thailand is permitted ?

passport holders from 39 countries do not require a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes if their stay in the Kingdom does not exceed 30 days.

singapore is on the list for an on arrival visa

Hi, I am a Singaporean and i recently applied for a tourist visa at the Singapore Thai Embassy and it is free of charge.

free visa at a thai embassy, how long?

If memory serves, citizens from ASEAN countries can get a free 60-day tourist visa when traveling to another ASEAN country. When my Thai wife and I went to Singapore on business last year, she wasn't charged either. Of course ASEAN countries also have the 30-day visa-on-arrival agreement, so I don't think a lot of ASEAN passport holders avail themselves of a tourist visa.