Thai emb london

I am british i phoned the thai emb in london on two occasions recently only to ask a couple of things that i didnt find very clear on their website. About my visa only to be told Look on website, i told the thai man this is why im calling as i dont understand a couple of things on the website to which his reply was..only you not understand everybody else understand, i asked his name and his answer was to hang up on me, i called back got through to a thai lady who was just as ignorant and rude as the man i spoke to so i did not get anywhere with them. I called thai emb in hull the lady there was very helpful she also said they have many complaints about the staff in london being difficult with customers.

Edited by Soiyamoto
  • Like 1

Each time I visited the Thai Embassy in London I found the staff helpful though one time last September when I was picking up a tourist visa from the basement area, there was a guy at the applications desk saying very loudly 'Are you going to help me, or what?' I think they were asking him for evidence of something he did not have. Anyway, he stomped out shouting 'You can all go ** yourselves' I am afraid he got no sympathy from me as he was wearing an absolutely horrendous shirt. Dodgy London nightclub style I would describe it. I don't think we'll be seeing him down Soi Buakaow this year. Or maybe we will.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1

That place has a terrible reputation, deservedly.

Same could be said of the British embassy in Bangkok, so I guess what goes around comes around.

Each time I visited the Thai Embassy in London I found the staff helpful though one time last September when I was picking up a tourist visa from the basement area, there was a guy at the applications desk saying very loudly 'Are you going to help me, or what?' I think they were asking him for evidence of something he did not have. Anyway, he stomped out shouting 'You can all go ** yourselves' I am afraid he got no sympathy from me as he was wearing an absolutely horrendous shirt. Dodgy London nightclub style I would describe it. I don't think we'll be seeing him down Soi Buakaow this year. Or maybe we will.

Yes, I can't imagine they have an easy time with the usual display of entitlement and condescension they most like have to deal with on a regular basis from those who look at everyone as being beneath them.

Edited by Suradit69

Applied for visa's to the Thai Embassy London last Tuesday morning via special delivery (guaranteed next day by 1pm) post. Enclosed a return address special delivery envelope in with passports.

Passports came back Monday morning.

Excellent service, thank you very much

wai.gif

They would not let me include stamped address envelope i was told you have to pay £10. More on postal order and they supply the special envelope. They can make an extra £3 that way as there only around £7. To buy, i dare say service is good for postal but i only found that its a bit different when you phone them

I usually holiday for under 30 days so a visa exempt does me. I have used them once however for a TV and I found the service to be fine.

Out of interest what was it you were seeking clarification on?

0 visa based on marriage. I was commenting on their attitude when phoning not about postal service. Regards

Applied for visa's to the Thai Embassy London last Tuesday morning via special delivery (guaranteed next day by 1pm) post. Enclosed a return address special delivery envelope in with passports.

Passports came back Monday morning.

Excellent service, thank you very much

wai.gif

Sent mine off Thursday, got it back Saturday morning.

I think the OP might have a little difficulty calling the 'thai emb' in Hull as there isn't one.

. Has the thai emb in hull closed now? It was open 5 weeks ago

Hull has a consulate staffed by local British folk. It's not an embassy.
. I think you know what i meant.... Regards

Only thai emb london can issue visas now

100% NOT TRUE got a NON O 3 months ago form Birmingham, in at 10am out at 10.30am

It might be The embassy has to approve them via fax/email/phone thru the Birmingham staff but you DONT have to go to London or deal with them in any way.

From all accounts and one phone call I had with them they have a moronic unhelpful take it or leave it attitude.........................almost like a little part of Thailand in the UKlaugh.png

100% NOT TRUE got a NON O 3 months ago form Birmingham, in at 10am out at 10.30am

It might be The embassy has to approve them via fax/email/phone thru the Birmingham staff but you DONT have to go to London or deal with them in any way.

From all accounts and one phone call I had with them they have a moronic unhelpful take it or leave it attitude.........................almost like a little part of Thailand in the UKlaugh.png

See post #16

. I agree with attitude of staff in london. Consulate in hull told me they cannot issue visas only london they can check them then pass them onto london. Regards

i was in Hull last Tuesday to apply for a non immigrant O multi, the lady said all visas are now issued from London, but they take copies of all supporting paper work and fax to London, London then make the decision and Hull issue the visa. She said takes up to 5 days but i went in on Tuesday and she called me on the Thursday and said visa was ready for collection.

She did also insist that London now require to see last 3 months Bank Statements with at least £1400 a month income going in, it also states this on London Embassy website, but curiously not on Birminghams, anyone got a non immigrant O from Birmingham very recently without having to show proof of earnings etc??

Edited by bigjules007

i was in Hull last Tuesday to apply for a non immigrant O multi, the lady said all visas are now issued from London, but they take copies of all supporting paper work and fax to London, London then make the decision and Hull issue the visa. She said takes up to 5 days but i went in on Tuesday and she called me on the Thursday and said visa was ready for collection.

She did also insist that London now require to see last 3 months Bank Statements with at least £1400 a month income going in, it also states this on London Embassy website, but curiously not on Birminghams, anyone got a non immigrant O from Birmingham very recently without having to show proof of earnings etc??

Hull is putting out false info and asking for financial proof when it is not required by the embassy.

They can still issue visas but multiple entry non immigrant visa applications require approval by the embassy. They can do single entry non immigrant visas and tourist visas without approval from London.

The embassy in London and the other consulates have been issuing multiple entry visas based upon marriage to a Thai with no financial proof.

At least the OP got some answer (albeit an unsatisfactory one) to his phone call, unlike I did when I attempted to call the Thai Embassy in London to discuss a few queries I had in connection with my then upcoming OA visa application some years ago. The phone just rang & rang & rang & rang........

In the end I just gave up and decided to follow literally the advice on their website, however daft some of it sounded to me at the time - and obtained my OA visa without any problem in the event.

Hull is putting out false info and asking for financial proof when it is not required by the embassy.

They can still issue visas but multiple entry non immigrant visa applications require approval by the embassy. They can do single entry non immigrant visas and tourist visas without approval from London.

The embassy in London and the other consulates have been issuing multiple entry visas based upon marriage to a Thai with no financial proof.

This might be true but the Royal Thai Embassy does now state on there website that part of the criteria for a non immigrant O visa is to show you have 65000 baht or £1400 income going into your account for the last 3 months, Hull says the same but Birmingham doesnt, so its a little confusing to say the least.

This might be true but the Royal Thai Embassy does now state on there website that part of the criteria for a non immigrant O visa is to show you have 65000 baht or £1400 income going into your account for the last 3 months, Hull says the same but Birmingham doesnt, so its a little confusing to say the least.

Just ignore that info it has been on there for some time. It is not true.

There have been several reports of them doing multiple non-o visas based upon marriage with no financial proof.

Just ignore that info it has been on there for some time. It is not true.

There have been several reports of them doing multiple non-o visas based upon marriage with no financial proof.

Not that much of an issue for me personally as I can prove income but good to know for the future.

I had the same in Amsterdam. They are very rude, don't care at all to help me getting a visa. Also they don't care if you travelled many hours to get at the embassy.

Glad to know it's not only me who got treated this way. They treated me as if i was a poor beggar who was going to beg on the streets in Thailand. Even after showing them i have plenty money they still treated me like i was not welcome in Thailand.

If i was not married to a Thai i sure would never come back in Thailand.