Motorbike Cover

eisfeld

I occasionally get a problem with birds sitting on my bike and spilling their excrements on it when it's parked in the carpark. Weather is not an issue because it has a roof and rain/sun dont hit it but those birds are pesky.

So I am looking for a good motorbike cover, ideally one that is water and sun proof and doesn't desintegrate within a year. Any recommendations where to get one (in Phuket)? What brand I should look out for? Anything I need to keep in mind when choosing one?

Thanks

This one is very good & well made

If you were in CM I would make you a good deal on one I just bought a month or so ago as I

dont need it now

https://www.facebook.com/CoverDD

PS: Aside from the things you mentioned...ie: being good quality that does not disintegrate from

heat etc what you need to watch for is size appropriate for your bike so it does not become a sail in wind & secondly a good elastic or pull cord bottom to

keep it snug on the bike....again due to wind turning it into a sail that could end up toppling your bike

if coming from the kickstand direction & blowing opposite that.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Panda Rider in BKK have them for about 350 baht and could probably post them to you for less than 100 baht. Very light and wraps up really small if needed for a trip. I bought mine to protect from the sun and more importantly people who like to sleep/pose/sit on other peoples bikes. Not 100% waterproof but should be fine for you if it's kept under a cover.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Checked Tesco today but the ones they had were size M and had a scooter picture on it so maybe too small?

Can't find them on Panda Rider website so will shoot them an email. CoverDD might also be an option but can't find an email address.

I bought one online that could witstand a hot exhaust and was of better quality. So far I am happy to have paid the higher price. It was for a big bike so it cost a bit more as those cheap ones in the tesco and such. I have tried these in the past and they do work as long as your exhaust is properly cooled.

Can't find them on Panda Rider website so will shoot them an email. CoverDD might also be an option but can't find an email address.

084 439 6019

Her name is Pratipa

email is [email protected]

I have had the thin stuff before...good for a year maybe

No comparison though to a quality cover like this.

Also same as Robblok said about heat...no probs with this one as I always covered bike as soon as I got home

Just depends what your looking for.

The one I have is still easily folded ....when I would go riding & take the cover off

& stored in the compartment under a wave 125 seat I was leaving at home.

PS: I have nothing to do with this company & have only spoke on the phone & email with them.

But they seem nice, were reliable & have a good product so I recommend when folks ask

Their stock cover comes with a heavy duty elastic sewn into it where it goes around the front & rear tire.

They also have a draw cord option for another 100 baht

But the elastic was more than enough on mine & cover never moved

Looks like they are having a sale right now 880,980 & 1080 baht depending on what bike

post-82547-0-46707600-1413980465_thumb.j post-82547-0-89613400-1413980475_thumb.j

Edited by mania

I occasionally get a problem with birds sitting on my bike and spilling their excrements on it when it's parked in the carpark. Weather is not an issue because it has a roof and rain/sun dont hit it but those birds are pesky.

So I am looking for a good motorbike cover, ideally one that is water and sun proof and doesn't desintegrate within a year. Any recommendations where to get one (in Phuket)? What brand I should look out for? Anything I need to keep in mind when choosing one?

Thanks

Big C sell cheap vinyl covers. I put a cotton sheet over my bike first then the cover. Works just fine for me for many years and my bike stays pristine. Though I had to patch it recently. :)post-6366-14139884632039_thumb.jpg

post-6366-14139884632039_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

post-6366-14139884810094_thumb.jpg

Edited by Garry

Thanks a lot mania for posting the price list and contact info. Think I will order one from CoverDD then. Only thing I am not sure is which size: M or L

I have a CBR500R which is listed under M but I will upgrade soon (not sure to what, Monster821, CB650F, ...) and the Z800 for examples is under L though I think it's not really bigger.

Right now I am thinking L with the elastic cord option hoping that it wont end up as a sail when wind hits it as you said earlier.

Maybe those two sizes are not really all too different.

What size did you get and what bike do you use it with?

Thanks a lot mania for posting the price list and contact info. Think I will order one from CoverDD then. Only thing I am not sure is which size: M or L

I have a CBR500R which is listed under M but I will upgrade soon (not sure to what, Monster821, CB650F, ...) and the Z800 for examples is under L though I think it's not really bigger.

Right now I am thinking L with the elastic cord option hoping that it wont end up as a sail when wind hits it as you said earlier.

Maybe those two sizes are not really all too different.

What size did you get and what bike do you use it with?

I have the Medium & used it on a Kawasaki 250/300 sized bike.

That size shows a fit all the way up to Ninja 650 so probably fine for your 500

But ask Pratipa she knows her stuff

What you can also do if you do buy a little large for future size requirements

is after cover is on bike you roll out any slack on kick stand side. Then take a fold of it & put it under the kickstand

The one I have fit very well as it is also shaped a bit wider at front for bars/mirrors & tapered at rear

Is a nice cover & with cheap covers running 300+ not really much more when you consider how long it will

likely last etc.

We have to remember even a 800-900baht cover is only $24-$27 bucks wink.png

Good Luck

Edited by mania

If I recall correctly, my cover was like 300 baht max

For sure they have many for 300 & if I had a nice garage like yours I would be fine with one of those too ;)

But having a garage is one of the things I really miss here

If I recall correctly, my cover was like 300 baht max

For sure they have many for 300 & if I had a nice garage like yours I would be fine with one of those too ;)

But having a garage is one of the things I really miss here

The cover apart from its normal garage duties has also been used outside on a trailer in two separate track days trips from Chiang Rai. One to Bonanza Circuit and one to Khao Yai circuit Don't let the comfy room for my bike fool you, as the cover gets used, hence the occasional patched tear. The current cover is over 3 years old.

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1

The cover apart from its normal garage duties has also been used outside on a trailer in two separate track days trips from Chiang Rai. One to Bonanza Circuit and one to Khao Yai circuit Don't let the comfy room for my bike fool you, as the cover gets used, hence the occasional patched tear. The current cover is over 3 years old.

3 years is a good run for any cover.

The other cover I had lasted just over a year.

But I think it was mainly the killer sun that breaks it down

The sun here is pretty fierce.

Because really with the exception of a very short rain season we sure dont get much rain here.

Edited by mania