Koh Tao murders: Medical exam to check suspects torture claim

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Been almost a month!! No bruises left. What a farce!

Great wait for a month or more before having them examined and the report will say no bruising.

Exactly. If there had ever been any bruising indicating torture don't you think someone would have photographed it at the time? At the very least some of the press who photographed the accused fairly close up behind bars could have done that. By leaving it until now to find no evidence of torture all the defence lawyers will be able to do is to suggest the bruises have healed and then leave it to the uninformed speculators again.

Thailand opening themselves to more ridicule. Even the most basic farmer, in deepest isaan knows the truth in this case, so who are they telling this ridiculous story for? The international press? The problem with stupid people is that they assume that everyone else is as stupid as they are.

Correction, if I may : they think that they are smart and that every one else is stupid.

Seeing their own stupidity would be a sign of intellligence...

Edited by Yann55

I hope they have arrived, never too late in a situ like this, i dread to think that, if the public and media had not put all the pressure on back in the UK ,the outcome was a forgone conclusion.

If i were them i would insist on interviewing the pancake man, one of the lads claimed that he was kicked in the chest by him, get a confession from him and take it from there !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Great wait for a month or more before having them examined and the report will say no bruising.

Exactly. If there had ever been any bruising indicating torture don't you think someone would have photographed it at the time? At the very least some of the press who photographed the accused fairly close up behind bars could have done that. By leaving it until now to find no evidence of torture all the defence lawyers will be able to do is to suggest the bruises have healed and then leave it to the uninformed speculators again.

I did see a photo, some weeks back, taken possibly on Samui, it was one of the guys showing his right shoulder with a large red mark on it, looked like a boot mark (burn).

It may have been on the CSI site, if i can find it , ill post the details .

I did see a photo, some weeks back, taken possibly on Samui, it was one of the guys showing his right shoulder with a large red mark on it, looked like a boot mark (burn).

I think you'll find that was a photo of an alleged injury to one of the friends of the accused, not an injury suffered by either of the accused.

I think you'll find that was a photo of an alleged injury to one of the friends of the accused, not an injury suffered by either of the accused.

So slapping around did happen..?

they have probably been examined already in the jail

this was to make sure that any marks bruises etc etc have completely disappeared,

so now the RTP will be hoping that the suspects statement will be discredited (re being beaten by police)

they seem to forget these two are not the first to alledge beatings from the RTP, are renown for it

they have probably been examined already in the jail

this was to make sure that any marks bruises etc etc have completely disappeared,

so now the RTP will be hoping that the suspects statement will be discredited (re being beaten by police)

they seem to forget these two are not the first to alledge beatings from the RTP, are renown for it

Yes, they wouldn't want the Brits to see any bruising on the suspects.

Recent ThaiVisa post:

Government deputy spokesman Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd

This thread's OP:

Deputy Government Spokesman Maj-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd said Thailand's judicial process was in line with international standards and no other country could intervene in it.

Did this guy just get a major (general) promotion, or is The Nation up to its usual sloppy, inaccurate reporting?

And meanwhile, just who's running the Public Prosecutor's Office involved here:

The current OP mentions:

Paiboon Achavanuntakun, acting chief of Public Prosecutor Regional Office 8,

A Khaosod article posted here a week ago mentions:

Tawatchai Siangjaew, director of 8 Region Attorney Office

But a different NNT article today mentions:

Regional Public Prosecution 8 deputy director-general Thawatchai Siangjaew

"Thai police, meanwhile, have been citing DNA results and saying they have strong evidence against the suspects"

"Paiboon Achavanuntakun, acting chief of Public Prosecutor Regional Office 8, said public prosecutors would look into the evidence available before deciding whether to arraign the two suspects."

Taking these two pieces of information from this article and from what I read in another one that stated the case was again sent back to the RTP asking for more sold evidence against the two accused suspect suggest the evidence is not as strong as the RTP has been stating...and the fact that what' was suppose to be a speedy arraigment and trail as been delayed as the prosecuting team waiits for the requested "more solid evidence"' which said request coming on the heals of Prayuts meeting witn British PM David Cameron... I am predicting all this is paving a way for Thaiiand to gracefully release these two scapegoats by having the prosecuting team announce that in fact there is not enough evidence to move forward with prosecuting these two men.. And as the world rejoices and the virtue of public media is extolled around the world... It will turn the tide of negative oppinion to positive for the Thailand justice system as they can now say in this case it worked by releasing these two innocent men despite the fact that the real killers are still on the loose and may never be caught.. This fact will be less significant as we all pat each other on the back for being a part of the social media mob that helped secure these men's release.. I will go on to perdict that a few weeks later the RTP will make a statement that will say although they have information on the actual perpetrators there is insignificant evidence to bring a case against them at this time.. So although the RTP will loose some face it would be hardly note worthy considering their current reputation.. This scenario is a win win draw.. A win for Thailand, a win for the Koh Tao mafia , and a basic business as expected for RTP so a draw...

Edited by montereyjp

if you read my post and didn't modify it, I said that the interview should have been a visual recording. A practice used by modern professional police departments. Had they conducted themselves professionally and used this standard procedure then there would not be an argument of beatings or torture during interview. The idiots using 13th century techniques instead of modern principles and technology have created holes and alone have left thier investigation questionable and extremely flawed.
  • Like 1

But keep in mind that most local reporters take photos of what's in front of them, and are (unfortunately) not likely to ask the suspects to lift their shirts / turn to another angle for better photos, etc.

Same point - they listen to the speech then write a report, they often end up writing something in paragraph one that conflicts with paragraph two. And whilst they are listening, even if they note discrepancies etc., 99% of them will never ask for a clarification, they just submit their report to the editor with conflicting info.

Already been mentioned, there is urgent needs for media / reporting / journalism reform.

fact that what they write in paragraph 1