Canada shootings: Soldier killed and Ottawa on lockdown

webfact

I trust that you are being sarcastic. Both incidents in the last three days, in which Canadian soldiers were killed, involved individuals who were on the Canadian terrorist watch list, and both had had their passports rescinded. These incidents both follow Canada's recent decision to join the war against the Islamic State (IS)
Just thinking out loud, but instead of rescinding their passports before they leave, why not let them leave then rescind them so they cannot return?

By not letting them leave they are forcing to stay in Canada where they will carry out these acts and possibly indoctrinate others

There is a fine line. One of the inaliable rights of a citizen is to be able to enter their own country without restriction.

It is a concept while tempting to tamper with in cases like this is simply too fundamental and important a right to stop. Stuff like this is the basic tool of a dictator.

What you can do is make sure that when they land they go straight to jail. That for me is a good compromise.

Rescinding their passport in order to keep them from leaving Canada is the responsible thing to do. It's all too easy to let your scum emigrate and become someone else's problem. Keeping your own problems at home and dealing with them is a tough thing to do, but it is the right thing to do.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....on the watch list....passports rescinded........???

...and yet they were able to ...........walk around freely....get to the Nation's Capital....Parliament Hill............obtain weapons......???

...something does not add up here....

Canada is a democracy ! Rescinding passports, putting them on the terrorist watch list and monitoring are all you can do. You can not arrest, search or detain someone for their opinions and beliefs, no matter how abhorrent they may be to you. Police must wait until a crime is committed, or a clear threat is issued by the person. Sad, but it is the price for freedom of speech, and these scum know that and use it to their advantage.

Obviously, in the Ottawa case, the monitoring could/should have been closer - then they could have stopped him as soon as they saw he was driving a car with no licence plates and would have found the gun after they seized the vehicle. The incident would have been postponed.

In the case of the soldier who was killed 3 days ago in Montreal, the perpetrator was watched, waiting for 2 hours in the parking lot, before he attacked the 2 soldiers with his car. By then it is too late to prevent the action.

.....on the watch list....passports rescinded........???

...and yet they were able to ...........walk around freely....get to the Nation's Capital....Parliament Hill............obtain weapons......???

...something does not add up here....

Canada is a democracy ! Rescinding passports, putting them on the terrorist watch list and monitoring are all you can do. You can not arrest, search or detain someone for their opinions and beliefs, no matter how abhorrent they may be to you. Police must wait until a crime is committed, or a clear threat is issued by the person. Sad, but it is the price for freedom of speech, and these scum know that and use it to their advantage.

Obviously, in the Ottawa case, the monitoring could/should have been closer - then they could have stopped him as soon as they saw he was driving a car with no licence plates and would have found the gun after they seized the vehicle. The incident would have been postponed.

In the case of the soldier who was killed 3 days ago in Montreal, the perpetrator was watched, waiting for 2 hours in the parking lot, before he attacked the 2 soldiers with his car. By then it is too late to prevent the action.

Thankfully the Brits seem to be more on the ball when it comes to monitoring of radical Muslims, despite the outcry from the left and Muslim groups. They've learnt their lesson from 7/7.

I can't believe this happened in Canada, of all places. I know the entire country is in mourning. RIP

They probably saw the Canadian government as a relatively softer target than further south. Surprise element, as it were.

They were absolutely correct. It was lucky that there were not more deaths. Canada will tighten their security after this.

Please may the Canadian Police force exterminate this threat quickly and without mercy. Good luck to the boys charged with the task.

When terrorism strikes home, things become difficult.

Terrorism should be exterminated humanely, not without mercy.

I can't believe this happened in Canada, of all places. I know the entire country is in mourning. RIP

They probably saw the Canadian government as a relatively softer target than further south. Surprise element, as it were.

I doubt that any attack against USA was even a passing thought. This is entirely a made in Canada event, presumably triggered by Canada joining the military effort against IS last week. Immediately after that Canada's security level was raised one notch, with a warning to the effect of expecting spontaneous knife and firearms attacks. I think that there will be more to come;.

These 'radical' idiots think that shooting a guy standing guard, probably quite still and unaware of whats coming, is righteous and will earn them martyrdom and 40 virgins in heaven.

Well, the joke is on them!

They are going straight to hell (not that I believe in such hocus pocus rubbish). The only martyrdom they have acheived is to their own cowardliness and gullability. Simple fools.

May they burn slowly and well.

Sadly all that mumbo jumbo is what causes all these problems.

These 'radical' idiots think that shooting a guy standing guard, probably quite still and unaware of whats coming, is righteous and will earn them martyrdom and 40 virgins in heaven.

Well, the joke is on them!

They are going straight to hell (not that I believe in such hocus pocus rubbish). The only martyrdom they have acheived is to their own cowardliness and gullability. Simple fools.

May they burn slowly and well.

Sadly all that mumbo jumbo is what causes all these problems.

If by mumbo jumbo you mean the rubbish about martyrdom and 40 virgins, then yes, you are spot on. Although these things only motivate the ignorant puppets who do the killing.

The actual string pullers have much more complicated motivations that I wouldnt classify as mumbo jumbo. To use the words of the great Bob D in relation to these fool 'martyrs': 'like a dog on a chain...he's only a pawn in their game'.

Sad but true.

canada, so hard to emigrate when you want to work and live a normal life

except you are a paper refugee from one of them countries

it will start to bite in their ass soon

The bloke was born and bred in Canada. Convert.

Canada usually escapes the bad news that plagues its southern border. I hope they get the situation under control.

Not quite. My grandparents were French Canadian....we live about 90 minutes away from the the border in upstate NY. Canada has had it's share of terrorists/separatists movements....

good to be accurate. not as pristine and virgin like as you consider

Previously a safe haven for runaways/terrorists/draft evaders and the usual scum. Their naive generosity is now being repaid.

yes, we have had all kinds of similar terrorist events like 911 and other bombings in NY. ........

Why rescind their passports ? Let them go off to the middle east and fight then bar re-entry if they haven,t already been killed smile.png

There are dozens of Canadians who travelled overseas to join or support jihadist groups who are now stuck in Syria because the Canadian government cancelled their passports. Have fun getting home punks.

Why rescind their passports ? Let them go off to the middle east and fight then bar re-entry if they haven,t already been killed smile.png

There are dozens of Canadians who travelled overseas to join or support jihadist groups who are now stuck in Syria because the Canadian government cancelled their passports. Have fun getting home punks.

I dont see what the problem is with rescinding their passports. They are traitors and anyway, the vast majority are 1st generation 'Canadians', children of refugees who have failed the first real chance they had to prove patriotism and that they appreciate the incredible gift their parents and their new country has given them (ie membership of a peaceful, stable, prosperous nation).

Instead, these ingrates go back to the hell holes their families escaped from and contribute to the hell!

Screw em! Cut em loose and let them work out what a big screw up they are.

Those still in Canada (or Australia cos we have the same problem) should be grounded for life.

The incident yesterday involved yet another convert.

I hope you were not insinuating that the serial misunderstanding of Islam's peaceful nature by several converts in several Countries was anything but a coincidence. To suggest otherwise would be Islamophobic.

<snip>

And just a matter of time before the forum's residents Islamists appear with their usual deflection, spin and apologist rhetoric.

10, 9, 8...

Who are these resident Islamists?

How many posts have they made attempting to deflect, spin or apologise for terrorist atrocities?

<snip>

And just a matter of time before the forum's residents Islamists appear with their usual deflection, spin and apologist rhetoric.

10, 9, 8...

Who are these resident Islamists?

How many posts have they made attempting to deflect, spin or apologise for terrorist atrocities?

Don't worry, I think his motto in life is 'four legs good, two legs bad'.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why rescind their passports ? Let them go off to the middle east and fight then bar re-entry if they haven,t already been killed

I dont see what the problem is with rescinding their passports. They are traitors and anyway, the vast majority are 1st generation 'Canadians', children of refugees who have failed the first real chance they had to prove patriotism and that they appreciate the incredible gift their parents and their new country has given them (ie membership of a peaceful, stable, prosperous nation).
Instead, these ingrates go back to the hell holes their families escaped from and contribute to the hell!
Screw em! Cut em loose and let them work out what a big screw up they are.
Those still in Canada (or Australia cos we have the same problem) should be grounded for life.

Or better yet let them travel on but change the final destination to Guantanamo Bay. Remember if they are headed to Syria to join ISIS and your country has joined the coalition than they are now enemy combatants. Let them go after the war on terror, sometime around the 12th of never.

IS are murdering, raping and visiting other horrors on innocent Muslims and non Muslims. Why would any Western government permit their citizens / residents to depart & join such an evil group to commit war crimes / crimes against humanity.

News reports are saying the murderer was previously a common criminal, seems to be a fairly regular background with these people.

IS are murdering, raping and visiting other horrors on innocent Muslims and non Muslims. Why would any Western government permit their citizens / residents to depart & join such an evil group to commit war crimes / crimes against humanity.

News reports are saying the murderer was previously a common criminal, seems to be a fairly regular background with these people.

And Western jails are prime recruiting grounds, you would have thought prison Imams would try to put a stop to this.

Like this, you mean?

Imams to visit HMP Frankland in Durham in bid to de-radicalise extremist inmates

I know that's in the UK, not Canada; but if Canadian Imams are not already doing so then hopefully they and the Canadian government will soon establish a similar programme there.

Ditto for all countries whose jails hold Islamist terrorists; Western or not.

This was an horrific event, which no one in their right mind can possibly justify.

But can we please not use it as yet another excuse to demonise all Muslims?

Remember; all horses are animals, but not all animals are horses.

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"A top Canadian naval officer reportedly warned soldiers on Tuesday not to wear their uniforms out in public for fear of being targeted, following two deadly attacks this week on uniformed soldiers in Quebec and Ontario."

MORE

I don't think that will solve the problem!

My condolences to the soldiers, and others killed, and their families.

The opposite should be done, allow soldiers in uniform to carry at least sidearms. The Sgt at arms got it right, one less to worry about, root them out and kill them.This happening in Canada is an eye opener that ALL western countries will be targeted.This plague will continue until all western countries as well as others band together to deal with this problem in a united manner. I hope Canadians can sort it out quickly.

It would seem the order of the day is for the predictable apologists to appear and work to minimize outright slaughter by a radicalized member of a religious cult ... Regardless of his parentage and his assisted radicalization ... he is just to be seen as another mere criminal ... If it were not so tragic the appearance of the excuse makers would be comical...

"A top Canadian naval officer reportedly warned soldiers on Tuesday not to wear their uniforms out in public for fear of being targeted, following two deadly attacks this week on uniformed soldiers in Quebec and Ontario."

A bit hard when you are on ceremonial guard duty.

Canadian Military - active or veterans should display proudly their symbols of service to their country. And the Canadian Government should provide every protection to guarantee that right ... unmolested.

MORE

I don't think that will solve the problem!

My condolences to the soldiers, and others killed, and their families.

The opposite should be done, allow soldiers in uniform to carry at least sidearms. The Sgt at arms got it right, one less to worry about, root them out and kill them.This happening in Canada is an eye opener that ALL western countries will be targeted.This plague will continue until all western countries as well as others band together to deal with this problem in a united manner. I hope Canadians can sort it out quickly.

Actually, I agree with the request that soldiers not wear uniforms, and one might assume that means when not on duty. Why make yourself a target?

As for sidearms, they have their place but they are wimpy and short-ranged compared to any center fire rifle. If a soldier sees a shooting going down about a block away it's out of range of his handgun. If they are on duty I'd like to see them carry their M-16. It's very light weight, not real big, very easy to carry with a shoulder strap, very accurate out to at least 400 yards/meters, and holds a lot of rounds depending on magazine.

If a soldier sees a shooting going down a block (100 yards./100 meters) away, he can easily stop it with that rifle.

The last time I was in Washington DC the ceremonial guards at places like Arlington Cemetery and others were carrying their rifles.

post-164212-0-08821300-1414075679_thumb.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The Sergeant-at-Arms, Kevin Vickers, who shot the assailant, at the Parliament building will now be a marked man for the rest of his life. We can await news of the next attack wondering where it will occur.

Yes a marked man, sad doing his duty, Mr. Cirillo also do his assigned duty. Canada now has joined Isis hit list in tit for tat. Being here in Thailand I have assigned my being away from what Cdn's does in joining US forces in sending fighter jets to combat Isis. Like a soap opera I can change the channel or in theater leave yet the problems still exist for those whom stay. With Cdn tax dollar the probe into further exposure of extremists will no doubt will surface. Extremist should be allowed to leave Canada and follow their doom, as example is restraining a dog's main focus is to guard outside hearing a threat to protect its territory.

Canada is so young in the development of the country's roots and allows freedom to many of the immigrants to Canada. In the early years the first terrorist were Ukrainians Dukabores ...yes in early 1960 the freedom fighters blew up Hydro towers in BC. More tax dollars like in America will be assigned to "Homeland security" as the budget for education and family assistance will be less.

One bonus that make Canadian's proud is that the Universities have developed an Ibola vaccine...lets remain on the positive..open the door to let out the barking dog!