Thailand Elite Membership/Card - The low down

You still have to do 90 day reports but if you live in Bangkok they will do the reports for you free of charge.

For those having an address in Bangkok, you can leave your passport at the Thailand Elite office every Tuesday (any time during office hours), together with the filled in TM47 form.

Thailand Elite will do the report for the members on Wednesday. The members can then collect their passport on Thursday (any time during office hours).

A dream :)

• Like 1

You still have to do 90 day reports but if you live in Bangkok they will do the reports for you free of charge.

For those having an address in Bangkok, you can leave your passport at the Thailand Elite office every Tuesday (any time during office hours), together with the filled in TM47 form.

Thailand Elite will do the report for the members on Wednesday. The members can then collect their passport on Thursday (any time during office hours).

A dream smile.png

Where is that office? Better location than immigration points themselves? I would have thought the 90 day reports were made in the same fashion as when mailing the papers in, without the need to give the passport.

Truly antiquated system, that one. Hope is on the horizon though, I already got a computer printout last time. Perhaps one day it will be online.

Edited by DrTuner

you can leave your passport at the Thailand Elite office every Tuesday (any time during office hours), together with the filled in TM47 form.

A dream smile.png

NO, you cannot leave your passport with anyone, as it belongs to your country and NOT YOU, you use it as an ID of yourself, getting from A to B etc. and as per Thai Law, you MUST carry it with you AT ALL TIMES.

So what to do? Catch 22? facepalm.gif

Khun-Fused. blink.png

Win whistling.gif

you can leave your passport at the Thailand Elite office every Tuesday (any time during office hours), together with the filled in TM47 form.

A dream smile.png

NO, you cannot leave your passport with anyone, as it belongs to your country and NOT YOU, you use it as an ID of yourself, getting from A to B etc. and as per Thai Law, you MUST carry it with you AT ALL TIMES.

Khun-Fused. blink.png

Win whistling.gif

Well, I do leave my passport with them... Happily. And they take very good care of it.

:)

• Like 1

Khun-Fused. blink.png

Win whistling.gif

Your passport truly belongs to you since it is in your possession.

I have needed to hand over my passport in other countries more than once to get a visa sorted out,

I hand over my passport along with a completed TM47 form to my wife and when she does my 90 day reports. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

The passport of Canada is the property of the government of Canada BUT while in your possession you are responsible for everything that happens to it... which means if some other agent loses it .... it is still you that was responsible and you that will be held accountable (even if you don't see the repercussions right away - it will be on your record). When applying for visas with foreign governments you have to leave it at another countries embassy for another country's immigration officer to handle. Thai elite can viewed in much the same manner since they are acting under some sort of contract with the Thai government / immigration etc.

You cannot leave your passport with private agents since they have no official relationship to any government agency.

BTW, The Thai Elite card that costs 4,000 baht to replace.... is there any biometric data on it? I have not seen one in person.

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 1

The passport of Canada is the property of the government of Canada BUT while in your possession you are responsible for everything that happens to it... which means if some other agent loses it .... it is still you that was responsible and you that will be held accountable (even if you don't see the repercussions right away - it will be on your record). When applying for visas with foreign governments you have to leave it at another countries embassy for another country's immigration officer to handle. Thai elite can viewed in much the same manner since they are acting under some sort of contract with the Thai government / immigration etc.

You cannot leave your passport with private agents since they have no official relationship to any government agency.

BTW, The Thai Elite card that costs 4,000 baht to replace.... is there any biometric data on it? I have not seen one in person.

no there is no bio data on the card

rick

rick

Hmmm.... that is disappointing - they should have gone that extra distance and had Thai Elite Ids that were compatible with Thai Id system so that it would act as an ID if some official stopped and asked for one (instead of passport).

rick

Hmmm.... that is disappointing - they should have gone that extra distance and had Thai Elite Ids that were compatible with Thai Id system so that it would act as an ID if some official stopped and asked for one (instead of passport).
It has your photo on it so may act as some form of ID maybe but the card is to get the privilages that come with the scheme thats all. Its not an ID card Edited by bim

rick

I agree with you, I was also expecting a gold plated card, that could be used as a smart phone, with 1 million free minutes of international communication, a card opening a super fast track at any check point, with automatic doors at the airport, and immigration officers lining up to say good morning in four languages, a card that would not only serve as an id but also would have a secret device able to report anyone who would not smile to me, a card that would serve as a credit card, with no interest credit for 5 years, etc, etc, etc, ...

But I guess that it was a bit too much to ask for just 500,000 baht :)

One a more serious note, a PE visa for only 500,000 baht is already worth a lot :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

rick

It has your photo on it so may act as some form of ID maybe but the card is to get the privilages that come with the scheme thats all. Its not an ID card

A picture is a form of biometric data.... at least it is if they require a neutral passport photo (same standards).

rick

It has your photo on it so may act as some form of ID maybe but the card is to get the privilages that come with the scheme thats all. Its not an ID card

A picture is a form of biometric data.... at least it is if they require a neutral passport photo (same standards).

Mine is not a passport photo just one thats in the lobbey of a hotel but is just a face pic so no not biometric in the way a passport photo is. Hope that helps

rick

my card does not have a photo on it (the 500.000 bht card)

rick

rick

Mine does, it's on the back of the card. It's also the 500k Easy Access card.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

MY EXPERINECE - UNIMPRESSED!
I have recently Joined the Thailand Elite club - and to be honest i was rather unimpressed with things. Im sure a lot of Pro Elite members will be saying otherwise
But these are the facts from someone who isn't sponsoring the forum or getting commissions.

i know everyone here praises the experience so much, but here is my recent experience and events.

Arrived at CC with a map to meet my Liason officer at 11am to get my Elite Visa stamp and introduction welcome.
The map i was emailed was completely wrong asking be to enter ground floor at the side of building and meet my LO there i did and wasted 20 minutes walking around looking for them on the ground floor.
No calls were made to me to ask if i was there or to arrange a meeting spot, or if i was lost etc, Nothing!
After calling them at 11.20 someone arranged to meet me on the second floor outside the door, 10 mins later they arrive with a freindly welcome.
A Nice bag with a huge box containing a small card was given to me, then we cut in front of everyone and my passport was stamped.
I couldn't help but think it was a marketing stunt for all the poor souls waiting 8 hours for their Visas, i felt quite uncomfortable.
I was actually hoping they had their own office i could wait in rather than parade me around the whole immigration 1 dept with my Elite Privileges bag.

Then the kicker!
i was given my passport back with Visa, and told that i had to do 90 day reports by coming back here.
I replied NO - The Thai visa elite email i received told me specifically it was free of charge and they will do 90 day reports for me.

I certainly dont want to come back every 90 days and do that - especially if im paying half a million baht!
He then replied that i should leave my passport in their office if i wanted to do that. And they will do it every 3 months - yes leave the passport with us if your not leaving the country any time soon he said.
Never have i heard of anything like that and i asked him why on earth do they need my passport leaving in the office? What if i need to leave Thailand quickly, what if i need my passport, what if the police stop me?
He then said he will go and ask an official - 20 minutes waiting later and he returns telling me i can send in some forms by myself. and do it myself. AGAIN!
I told him yes i already know that - and showed him the Immigration procedure for 90 day reports.
I was feeling deflated at this point and disappointed.... So i just got up and left...

Im not sure what the actual procedure is with 90 day reports, perhaps some other Elite member here can clarify that for me?
I actually felt he was pushing things so that i do the 90 day report myself and they don't want to do it in the office!
Seriously not impressed, since my email specifically said Free of charge 90 day reports.

What can i say? I certainly don't feel like a privileged visitor to Thailand with that kind of experience!
Am i being to critical or harsh? No i dont think so at all....

Yep my card has a photo on - must be new cards

Edited by jamiesilver
  • Like 2

MY EXPERINECE - UNIMPRESSED!

I have recently Joined the Thailand Elite club - and to be honest i was rather unimpressed with things. Im sure a lot of Pro Elite members will be saying otherwise

But these are the facts from someone who isn't sponsoring the forum or getting commissions.

i know everyone here praises the experience so much, but here is my recent experience and events.

Arrived at CC with a map to meet my Liason officer at 11am to get my Elite Visa stamp and introduction welcome.

The map i was emailed was completely wrong asking be to enter ground floor at the side of building and meet my LO there i did and wasted 20 minutes walking around looking for them on the ground floor.

No calls were made to me to ask if i was there or to arrange a meeting spot, or if i was lost etc, Nothing!

After calling them at 11.20 someone arranged to meet me on the second floor outside the door, 10 mins later they arrive with a freindly welcome.

A Nice bag with a huge box containing a small card was given to me, then we cut in front of everyone and my passport was stamped.

I couldn't help but think it was a marketing stunt for all the poor souls waiting 8 hours for their Visas, i felt quite uncomfortable.

I was actually hoping they had their own office i could wait in rather than parade me around the whole immigration 1 dept with my Elite Privileges bag.

Then the kicker!

i was given my passport back with Visa, and told that i had to do 90 day reports by coming back here.

I replied NO - The Thai visa elite email i received told me specifically it was free of charge and they will do 90 day reports for me.

I certainly dont want to come back every 90 days and do that - especially if im paying half a million baht!

He then replied that i should leave my passport in their office if i wanted to do that. And they will do it every 3 months - yes leave the passport with us if your not leaving the country any time soon he said.

Never have i heard of anything like that and i asked him why on earth do they need my passport leaving in the office? What if i need to leave Thailand quickly, what if i need my passport, what if the police stop me?

He then said he will go and ask an official - 20 minutes waiting later and he returns telling me i can send in some forms by myself. and do it myself. AGAIN!

I told him yes i already know that - and showed him the Immigration procedure for 90 day reports.

I was feeling deflated at this point and disappointed.... So i just got up and left...

Im not sure what the actual procedure is with 90 day reports, perhaps some other Elite member here can clarify that for me?

I actually felt he was pushing things so that i do the 90 day report myself and they don't want to do it in the office!

Seriously not impressed, since my email specifically said Free of charge 90 day reports.

What can i say? I certainly don't feel like a privileged visitor to Thailand with that kind of experience!

Am i being to critical or harsh? No i dont think so at all....

Yep my card has a photo on - must be new cards

90 day reports apply to everyone staying here longer than 90 days regardless of the visa. When I got my PE visa they pointed out the 90 days reports which are free and put a piece of paper in my passport stating when my first one was due. Luckly you live in BKK and TE will do the report for you. I dont but still took less than 2 minutes to do. If you leave the country then your 90 days is due 90 days after the date your arrive back. I have a copy of my passport and visa on my phone and a friend of mine in BKK was stopped twice by Police with PE visa on his phone and this was OK no problems. At no point did TE say to me 90 day reports dont have to be done when I applied as I knew they had to be and clearly stated to me when my first was due. As for the Map I had the same problem as Id never been to CW before but soon found where to go after asking someone in addition the person meeting me was running late by 10 minutes but all in all I cant fault them. Sorry to hear of you frustration though. Edited by bim

I addition to the above also Im am not sure why you felt uncomfortable cutting in front of everyone. Im sure youd have been very peed off if you had waited 8 hours. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. Thats why its called Privilage.

waste of money..! get a new passport and btw immigration have tuned down now a lot compared to a couple of months ago when they were harassing people..

Very good advice. Some people like hassle others go for the TE card. TE members are happy to pay 500k for a 5 star service.

• Like 1

rick

Mine does, it's on the back of the card. It's also the 500k Easy Access card.

Same for me too. Have a photo on the back site of the card.

Where or what is CC?
I assumed they meant Chaeng Wattana immigration in Bangkok which is where I picked up my PE visa.