What Business To Start?

macleod101

have you got any business ideas you care to share that will give you a half decent income?

Open up an agency. Renting out Falangs to

Other Falangs going to the Girl friends/Wife?s home up country.

We all know the routine, you agree to go to the family home in

Udon. You get there every one welcomes you, you sit around

Drinking beer Chang all day, its great but after two days you realize

Something is missing. ( That?s it you have no one to talk to)

No problem phone. Rent a Mate.

He comes all the way up to the family home in Udon.

Now you got someone to, Talk to, Go for a beer with, Go and be naughty in town with.

Great stuff.

All you do is pay for his expenses, and a flat day rate.

You will need work permits to do this, but that?s a different issue.

Rent a Mate, you know it makes sense.

Nice little earner.

Have a nice day

have you got any business ideas you care to share that will give you a half decent income?

Develop an energy drink and market it worldwide.

Maybe name it like a big colored animal

Blue Elephant, or white horse or pink buffallo something like that

Nah, that's insane. It would never work. I'd grow wings and fly before anybody would try that idea :o:D

How about starting up a cell phone company,. Or better yet, get an up and coming Thai future politican to arrange it for you, starting by giving him all your money. Later, when he´s rich and famous, you can sue him. That should provide an income.

How about starting up a cell phone company,. Or better yet, get an up and coming Thai future politican to arrange it for you, starting by giving him all your money. Later, when he´s rich and famous, you can sue him. That should provide an income.

Nope

That only works with cable TV companies (viz UBC)

I saw a monkey that was trained to climb coconut trees and send down the ripe ones.

He would scurry up the tree and shake each coconut, listening for milk. If he heard that

he would twist it loose and drop it down. He would drop down all that were ripe.

Then he would scurry down and pick up half of them and put them in his little wagon.

His share of the profit was half the coconuts.

He could count also, and if you tried to cheat him out of a coconut he would get pissed.

When he was done with all your coconut tress he would pull his little wagon to the next house.

They went from village to village everyday and the monkeys uncle would get a truckload

of free coconuts everyday.

So my suggestion is to buy that monkey.

Forget banana juice, it's too much of a gamble.

You'll either be paid off in millions by the energy drink companies to keep quiet, or, like discovering an alternative to gasoline, you may find yourself suffering a heart attack while stuck on a railway crossing in a car with dodgey brakes. :o

Set up a company with English speaking staff who can provide 24/7 assistance to farang home owners/renters who need electricians, plumbers, and other house maintenance people.

I thought of that soon after buyimg a house. I'd certainly pay extra to be able to explain certain jobs that I want doing.

I've got water coming into my kitchen everytime it rains but when I show the local handymen a diagram of why the water comes in and how it can be prevented, they turn the diagram this way and that way without a clue as to what they're looking at. :o

Set up a company with English speaking staff who can provide 24/7 assistance to farang home owners/renters who need electricians, plumbers, and other house maintenance people.

I thought of that soon after buyimg a house. I'd certainly pay extra to be able to explain certain jobs that I want doing.

I've got water coming into my kitchen everytime it rains but when I show the local handymen a diagram of why the water comes in and how it can be prevented, they turn the diagram this way and that way without a clue as to what they're looking at. :o

Most Thai artisans (I'm being kind) can't read instruction manuals - in any language, or diagrams, maps, or building plans. They usually have no training for whatsoever for skills they are offering (which are usually any that you have need of), they have no concept of an apprenticeship system, and have a deep affinity for going back to Issan to help pick the rice crop, whenever they are half way through completing their latest botch-ups at your home.

You could call the business "Thais R Us", or "Bodgers United" or maybe "Fawlty Workers" :D

A Farang starting a Business in Thailand that really makes money for the Farang?, = No problem!

Just do this: Open up a betting office and offer this: If you survive as a Farang-Businessman in Thailand for 2 years I give you $ 100. If you fail in the meantime you owe me $300!

This should translate into a very comfortable lifestyle in Thailand for anyone willing to turn this concept into reality.

On second thought, forget the above. Buy a Beer-Bar in Pattaya and put everything in your girlfriends name. (Why diden't I think of this before??)

Cheers.

I personaly think that Mobi D'Ark's idea would work and could make someone a great deal of money if done correctly.

Alot of hard work would have to be done between now and the big bucks, but it could certainly be done.

My family has had good success in the restaurant business. Key is to make sure you are not under capitalized. Also Location, location, location.

Otherwise, you could always try selling monkeys! Everybody loves a good monkey.

Not everyone.

Totts must hate his cos he's always spanking it :o:D

The monkey likes it ... :D

... and don't go telling me your chicken likes being choked either... :D

totster :D

You are all making fun, the poor fellow.

Never mind i have the perfect idea for you. It is guaranteed to work 100%. If you are going to do this, i expect at least 10% per transaction.

First you will have to move to a busy tourist place. Pattaya, Samui or Phuket are the best. The more new arrivals the better.

Then you look around and try to find some empty space like a shophouse or a bar. But it has to be cheap and empty, or if it is already something like a shop or bar only when you can take it over cheap. Do this in the low season, many shopowners and barowners will be loosing money every day and that will be the best moment to walk in and say you want to buy it.

Next you will have to make it look nice, some paint, some light, a cheap sound system, don't forget the christmas lights very imporant! You will transform it into a bar. Buy some second hand stuff that is easily available from all the other failed attempts, you might buy it in large quantities because you will need to do this process more than one time.

So now you have this space looking fine. Next is to bring in the girls. Give them a few thousand baht and free drinks. So how to get customers. What would they like the most. Yes, cheap beer!

So start selling beer for the lowest price, don't worry if you not make a profit. Now with this cheap beer you will be busy. You not really make money but that is not important, you write in your bookkeeping that yu make ate least 10.000 baht profit every day and you have the receipts from the beer provideer to prove it. There are a few who will be interested in buying it. That is the moment you wait for. Talk to them how wonderfull everything is, can drink all day, many girls available etc. Tell them you hate to sell it but you have to go to your own country because your mother is teminal ill. Who cares about the small lie.

Ask for 500.000 baht more than you paid for yourself. Explain that you spend at least 1 million baht to fix up the place, they will just think WOW only 20.000 euro for a bar.

If they not bite, ask a girl to help you persuading them.

Guaranteed to work. So hurry because low season is NOW! You will have to be ready when high season starts.

Once you sold it, you have 500.000 baht to spend. Wait six months until high season is over and you can start it all over again. OR maybe do two at the same time. The possibilities are endless.

Good business if you live in bkk...

Have you noticed how your average bar girl has 5-6 boyfriends who send her money every month?

Have you noticed how they spent alot of time emailing, smsing, and chatting?

You find 10 girls who would rather be doing other things (or other people) and take over their "business admin".. charge 50% of the farang money... oh and try not to get shot, or hunted down when the guys find out.

Have you noticed how your average bar girl has 5-6 boyfriends who send her money every month?

You find 10 girls who would rather be doing other things (or other people) and take over their "business admin".. charge 50% of the farang money... oh and try not to get shot, or hunted down when the guys find out.

Wouldn't that make you a "Business Admin Pimp" :o:D

Here's serious suggestion. This would work in Pattaya, and it might work in other places like Phuket, and Koh Samui.

Set up a company with English speaking staff who can provide 24/7 assistance to farang home owners/renters who need electricians, plumbers, and other house maintenance people. I reckon if the service was good, and the workers knew their stuff, then you could charge quite high rates and clean up. There is a huge demand for this kind of thing in Pattaya.

But it would have to be a very good, professional service.

Funny you should say that-very seriously considered it cuz I was a contractor in the states-problematic is the quality and dependability of local workers-the construction standards here are-to be generous-sub standard-customer satisfaction would be a bitch-absolutely right about demand though

What about a de-tanning shop?.... So you'd walk in and have spray on whitener. Along the same vein as San-Tropez spray-on tan.

You could also double up as a standard tanning shop for the falang that come in fresh off the plane to give them a headstart on their tan.

Swissie has a point. Thailand is the land of opportunities to Thai nationals and mafia types. But if you are rich and you don't have long to live why not live up your last days doing something.

But if you want to make money here you need to play by the Thai rules which means corruption and so payoffs and partners. And never forget you are a FARANG. Enjoy the ride. Make connections. Go for it.

Seeing that you don’t have any skills worthwhile mentioning, I’d suggest you start with a telecommunications satellite.

---------------

Maestro

Wouldn't that make you a "Business Admin Pimp" :o:D

You probably havent noticed all the ad's on the walls of internet shops asking for people to do this for 15 baht a line? its quiet possible to earn a bit this way.