How to get rid off such viruses?

lostinisaan

There is an easier way to remove hijack virus'. On another PC download a freeware program called RKill - run this program, on the infected computer, from a USB stick - it will stop all non core processes (including the virus program). You can then download, install and run virus and spyware removal programs. If the virus denies you access to the USB stick then you will have to boot in safe mode and copy the RKill program to your desktop and then boot normally and run from there. Safe mode boot is obtained by pressing f8 key during the POST (power on system test) black screen and then selecting safe mode. My two free software recommendations are AVG and Malwarebytes - just make sure you install the free versions and not the free trial versions.

Thanks, I guess i have to format and put a new program on it. The virus/worm/Trojan doesn't let me boot into safe mode.

I've given you a load of links with bootable cleaners.

But if you have the choice of wiping it and redoing, go ahead and do it, it's probably best to be on the safe side.

• Like 2

1: Go to another machine and download onto a usb some portable anti virus tools such as AVG portable, portable malwarebytes and portable super antispyware.

2. Start the infected computer, when it starts and you see a blank screen with a curser in the top left - press F8.

3. Pick option safe mode. ( This starts the computer with minimum processes and makes it easier to get at the virus). In safe mode you can also delete secured or locked folders.

4. Plug in the USB, click on the computer icon and select the usb drive

5 run the anti virus programs from the usb.

6 follow the instructions and delete the viruses.

7 Once viruses are deleted you can take out the usb and reboot your computer.

8 I forgot to mention you should also add a portable registry cleaner to the usb and run it after the viruses are deleted.

This does the trick for me.

You can also try downloading AVG recue disc and burning it to a CD - insert it into the computer and boot up the computer. I have found that this does not always work because such viruses immobolise the cd driver.

If the internet wont start after this you can run a portable program called complete internet repair, a great little tool.

All these tools are free to download and use and work well.

Hope you understand my instructions, its much easier than it sounds.

Good luck

• Like 1

It's In your registry. Reformat is probably the only way if you can't locate it. If you have files you need get a bootable copy of Linux, boot, access the files copy to an external drive. Load Linux to wipe the drive then instal an original version of windows.

Then look at on line security anti-virus and so.

Windows is a virus magnet.

Not so, most anti-virus and antimalware will locate and delete viruses in the registry. Thats what they do.

In the future restart computer alternately pressing F8 until an option screen appears. Choose start computer in safe mode with networking.

In this manner only the core windows components will load. Go online and search for Download antivirus check; such as Trend Microcillin

House Call. Run this. You can also download and run other checkers such as Malwarebytes, but you can only use programs that have their

own installer attached, because you are in safe mode.

Once you ID and remove the threats restart PC normally. Update and run antivirus. If possible, ID name of previous infection and Reveal Hidden files

and remove installation directory, etc. For one who is more familiar you should Run, REGEDIT, and search Software and WOW64 software directories for

more of the same named infections. A perfect example of something that behaves like this is one of the Norton Antivirus programs that piggybacks in

with other free software. No matter how many times a person removes it it keeps appearing; because its root in the registry needs to be addressed.

Do some good homework and clean up the weaknesses that allowed the threat to enter. Good luck

• Like 1

There is an easier way to remove hijack virus'. On another PC download a freeware program called RKill - run this program, on the infected computer, from a USB stick - it will stop all non core processes (including the virus program). You can then download, install and run virus and spyware removal programs. If the virus denies you access to the USB stick then you will have to boot in safe mode and copy the RKill program to your desktop and then boot normally and run from there. Safe mode boot is obtained by pressing f8 key during the POST (power on system test) black screen and then selecting safe mode. My two free software recommendations are AVG and Malwarebytes - just make sure you install the free versions and not the free trial versions.

Thanks, I guess i have to format and put a new program on it. The virus/worm/Trojan doesn't let me boot into safe mode.

I've given you a load of links with bootable cleaners.

But if you have the choice of wiping it and redoing, go ahead and do it, it's probably best to be on the safe side.

Thanks for all the helpful tips. I found my own way, a bit strange as too many unforeseeable things happened as well.biggrin.png

I used two important programs.

One poster had the idea to try the program "rkill", but that didn't fix all.I was also using "tdskiller" from Kaspersky lab.

But I also had to fight with a trial version of Kaspersky Internet 2015, a trial version, that couldn't be deleted.

It took quite a few attempts plus Kaspersky's own removal program, which doesn't always work.

Took me an hour to remove all traces from Kaspersky!! blink.png

I could finally get rid off all bullshit, put an AVG 2015, full version on it and it's scanning now. Machine is running smoothly and I've learned a lot of weird stuff that's needed to understand how to deal with computer problems.

Again, thanks to all for the helpful tips. thumbsup.gif

Great to have such a forum, should anybody have a similar problem, I'm more than happy to explain the right steps, without formatting the hard drive.

Edited by lostinisaan

In the future restart computer alternately pressing F8 until an option screen appears. Choose start computer in safe mode with networking.

In this manner only the core windows components will load. Go online and search for Download antivirus check; such as Trend Microcillin

House Call. Run this. You can also download and run other checkers such as Malwarebytes, but you can only use programs that have their

own installer attached, because you are in safe mode.

Once you ID and remove the threats restart PC normally. Update and run antivirus. If possible, ID name of previous infection and Reveal Hidden files

and remove installation directory, etc. For one who is more familiar you should Run, REGEDIT, and search Software and WOW64 software directories for

more of the same named infections. A perfect example of something that behaves like this is one of the Norton Antivirus programs that piggybacks in

with other free software. No matter how many times a person removes it it keeps appearing; because its root in the registry needs to be addressed.

Do some good homework and clean up the weaknesses that allowed the threat to enter. Good luck

Thanks a lot, but the PC didn't even boot in safe mode, because of the Trojan horses, worms and viruses that were on the machine.

If you really want to delete a "normal" program, I'd reckon to use Un Installer Pro. It does delete all traces a program had left in your registry.

I'm glad that I could find the problems and the PC's running pretty cool. Sad is that my son's only using it to play stupid online games.

He'd stopped for quite a while, but now when he turned 16, he started again, Might consider to block such games, because it doesn't make people smarter.

Again, thanks a lot for the time you had wasted. Cheers.-facepalm.gifthumbsup.gif

1: Go to another machine and download onto a usb some portable anti virus tools such as AVG portable, portable malwarebytes and portable super antispyware.

2. Start the infected computer, when it starts and you see a blank screen with a curser in the top left - press F8.

3. Pick option safe mode. ( This starts the computer with minimum processes and makes it easier to get at the virus). In safe mode you can also delete secured or locked folders.

4. Plug in the USB, click on the computer icon and select the usb drive

5 run the anti virus programs from the usb.

6 follow the instructions and delete the viruses.

7 Once viruses are deleted you can take out the usb and reboot your computer.

8 I forgot to mention you should also add a portable registry cleaner to the usb and run it after the viruses are deleted.

This does the trick for me.

You can also try downloading AVG recue disc and burning it to a CD - insert it into the computer and boot up the computer. I have found that this does not always work because such viruses immobolise the cd driver.

If the internet wont start after this you can run a portable program called complete internet repair, a great little tool.

All these tools are free to download and use and work well.

Hope you understand my instructions, its much easier than it sounds.

Good luck

Thanks a lot.

Excellent ... Stopzilla (free download) one of the newest and most through.

1. download.cnet.com › …Antivirus Software
    From iS3: With one of the most extensive virus and malware databases in the industry, STOPzilla scans deeper and more thoroughly than other security products.
  • Like 1

Excellent ... Stopzilla (free download) one of the newest and most through.

1. download.cnet.com › …Antivirus Software
    From iS3: With one of the most extensive virus and malware databases in the industry, STOPzilla scans deeper and more thoroughly than other security products.

Thanks a lot, but it wasn't about the quality of an Anti virus program. Cheers.

The problem is that it's a virus/Trojan horse/worm that doesn't let me update any Anti virus programs.

It stops access to the Internet, wireless and LAN.

You can download the antimalware and its latest update file on another PC and save them to a USB stick. Then copy the files over and install and update from there. No internet connection required on the infected machine. Worth trying before a bootable ISO, I think.

I assume when I download any Anti virus software on my clean PC and download all the virus definitions, I can't just copy all on a memory stick.

You assume wrong. Download an antimalware installation programme like Malawarebytes. Download the definitions update. Save the two files. Do NOT install either. Copy the two files to a USB stick and install on the infected PC from there. No working internet connection required on that PC.

This is why it is a very good reason to make Drive Images. Once you do get a nasty infection, often the only real solution is to do a format and reinstall. Most people do not want to format and reinstall because it can be soooo time consuming.

However, with a drive image, made at a time before infection occured, you can 'restore' you HD to pristine state in less time than it takes to install windows. Plus you will have all your programs and settings intact too.

Also very useful, in case of a total f^^^up during an update. I just did a firmware update on my SSD a few days ago, but before doing so, I made a new Drive Image. Just in case.

I keep a copy of Acronis True Image on a bootable USB, along with the drive images.

• Like 1

This is why it is a very good reason to make Drive Images. Once you do get a nasty infection, often the only real solution is to do a format and reinstall. Most people do not want to format and reinstall because it can be soooo time consuming.

However, with a drive image, made at a time before infection occured, you can 'restore' you HD to pristine state in less time than it takes to install windows. Plus you will have all your programs and settings intact too.

Also very useful, in case of a total f^^^up during an update. I just did a firmware update on my SSD a few days ago, but before doing so, I made a new Drive Image. Just in case.

I keep a copy of Acronis True Image on a bootable USB, along with the drive images.

I found the solution, please see post #36. The PC was being used by a relative in a small village for quite a long time. It's running well and backed up with Acronis true image 2014.

Thanks.

Kaspersky AntiMalware boot CD will fix up quite well. Free, google for it, then burn the ISO and boot from the burned disk. Friend has problem much like yours a few days ago and this procedure fixed him very nicely and free.

Thank you, the problem is fixed.