Latest info about the opening of the new Immigration Office in Samui?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, thuisinthailand said:

d0306e8acb15fe7958c5277f1542ed4a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

The map here might confuse some,  as there are no sharp turns on the road before the new office... but the road does wind a little!.....  It's quite a narrow road too. 

One would hope they will put a sign up, as the office is set back from the road and not easily visible from the road... it's on the right side coming from Maenam... (Family Mart on the corner when turning off the ring road) .

24 minutes ago, evadgib said:

We have to produce a sattelite photo, map & GPS coordinates per annum yet a linear map is OK when it comes to us finding them..?

I saw in one area they were asking for photo of you standing outside your house.... can't remember if Phuket or Pattaya! 

Perhaps someone good at Google maps could pin point the new building and post it!! ! ;) I doubt Immigration will do it ...:giggle:

1 hour ago, samuijimmy said:

I saw in one area they were asking for photo of you standing outside your house.... can't remember if Phuket or Pattaya! 

Perhaps someone good at Google maps could pin point the new building and post it!! ! ;) I doubt Immigration will do it ...:giggle:

The exact coordinate can be found here Immigration Maenam (post previously but i dont find by who, sorry) and here is a google map simplified posted on april,7 2015 by robsamui

map new immig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New Immigration office soon – does that also mean new technology..?

I was visiting AIS in Chaweng Central yesterday, and saw they offered fiber-optic with 15Mb/5Mbfor 590 baht a month. Asked if that was available in Maenam..? »Yes,« the kind lady replied. »Around soi 4,« I asked. »What's your house number..?«

All AIS staff walks around with tablets, so she pinned – they use a chopstick-like-thing to type or pin-point on the screen – my number, and vupti: there was Google-Earth with a marker right in the middle of "my house"..!:thumbsup:

Wonder why Immigration insist on we shall print them a map – if AIS has access to house-numbers, like the lady in the office, so must Immigration be able to – perhaps upgrade an app..?:whistling:

PS: There's an extremely rare Pokémon hidden on the beach right in front of my house – so my daughter says, she's chasing the weird pocket monsters – perhaps that's why my house is on the map..!:blink:

On 8/31/2016 at 3:58 PM, michemiche said:

The exact coordinate can be found here Immigration Maenam (post previously but i dont find by who, sorry) and here is a google map simplified posted on april,7 2015 by robsamui

map new immig.jpg

Yep - I made this 2.5 years ago when everyone was getting excited about the new immigration offices. No wonder people have forgotten about it since this time. Thanks for resurrecting it Michemiche!

I have been take a look yesterday morning, and your plan have been of great help.
Just one little detail, the Kwankao restaurant is in fact, just at the entrance of the yard of the immigrtion.
Maybe they have moved since you made it.
They gonna make a lot of money...... ahahahhaha
Thanx

1 hour ago, michemiche said:

I have been take a look yesterday morning, and your plan have been of great help.
Just one little detail, the Kwankao restaurant is in fact, just at the entrance of the yard of the immigrtion.
Maybe they have moved since you made it.
They gonna make a lot of money...... ahahahhaha
Thanx

No - the restaurant is about 20 metres further on, at the entrance to the small soi on the left after the turn into immigration. Unless they have moved shop in the last few weeks to cash in on all the tourists!

Edited by robsamui

1 hour ago, robsamui said:

No - the restaurant is about 20 metres further on, at the entrance to the small soi on the left after the turn into immigration. Unless they have moved shop in the last few weeks to cash in on all the tourists!

Oups...Maybe you are right. I have just see the sign as in the picture here, but not take care of what is write on it....
50 meter up.... Sorry for my mistake.

2016-09-15 09.57.39.jpg

Edited by michemiche

A short note to confirm the office in Soi 1 was open when I drove into their car park a few mins ago.

A friend is doing his annual renewal tomorrow so I await feedback as to how he fares. I'm also curious as to whether the fee board moved or whether fees are displayed inside. If they're not the unwary can expect a return of the old '5k' malarky which none should stand for.

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

A short note to confirm the office in Soi 1 was open when I drove into their car park a few mins ago.

A friend is doing his annual renewal tomorrow so I await feedback as to how he fares. I'm also curious as to whether the fee board moved or whether fees are displayed inside. If they're not the unwary can expect a return of the old '5k' malarky which none should stand for.

Thanks Eva! But you mean to say you did not drive in to see if the sign was there? :rolleyes:

I will close this thread and start a new one! 

New thread Here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/943671-samui-immigration-new-office-now-open/

Topic closed//