As cold as ice

Lite Beer

Looks great.

But same old thing. We will not patronise places here that have double pricing and it's nothing to do with a few baht more.

Generally as a Thai resident you can get the lower price by showing a work permit or local driving licence.

We still will not do it. When we have guests we explain to them why but certainly give them the option if they so wish, simply our own take on it.

• Like 2

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So much whining over pricing! Much more concerning is the selfish and relatively wasteful use of water when we're in a drought. Farmers are facing yet more ruin, yet hisos and tourists are encouraged to go and have a jolly day out on ice. Nauseating!

Instead of the whining over dual pricing, why not get one's head out one's exhaust manifold and spare a thought for all the Thais who can only look and wonder how to ever afford the ticket price.....and people whine about an extra 200 baht. Of course, one's self-centred approach is not one's own fault, but rather the fault of those dastardly Thais, eh what!

Yes, I dislike the principle too, but it pales into insignificance when one is reminded that one comes from the fortunate 20% of the global population who consume 80% of global resources. 200 baht? OUTRAGEOUS!

Carry on......

• Like 2

So much whining over pricing! Much more concerning is the selfish and relatively wasteful use of water when we're in a drought. Farmers are facing yet more ruin, yet hisos and tourists are encouraged to go and have a jolly day out on ice. Nauseating!

Instead of the whining over dual pricing, why not get one's head out one's exhaust manifold and spare a thought for all the Thais who can only look and wonder how to ever afford the ticket price.....and people whine about an extra 200 baht. Of course, one's self-centred approach is not one's own fault, but rather the fault of those dastardly Thais, eh what!

Yes, I dislike the principle too, but it pales into insignificance when one is reminded that one comes from the fortunate 20% of the global population who consume 80% of global resources. 200 baht? OUTRAGEOUS!

Carry on......

we have few trees around our development that could use a cheering up. let me know if you want to drop by. hahaha

Big Deal on the double pricing. Let the locals who generally make much less than foreign visitors pay less. I remember living in Souhern California and Disney land used to provide discounts to those in Southern California as well as a Magic Mountain theme park. Even beaches that charged entry fees were either discounted or free for locals and schools have higher non-resident fees and prices. But despite this, if you are worried about 200 baht then probably not wise to waste your money on a place like this. On the other hand if this would be fun and exiting place to take yourself or kids then you're only doing a disservice to yourself. At least kid prices seem to be the same across the board.

Edit: If you work in Thailand (permit) you get the Thai price.

BS to the extreme, a Thai worth billions can get in dirt cheap but a family on a 2 week holiday have to pay the foreigners price. SICK

Your attitude stinks to high heaven, just disgusting --it IS a big deal and needs to stop, if you want tourists so bad. The locals are paying the going price, the foreigners are being fleeced. GET IT.

Spending 50,000 bht on an air ticket to pay the lower prices is a bonus, do not forget they got you here, why rob them after they arrive.

• Like 2

Big Deal on the double pricing. Let the locals who generally make much less than foreign visitors pay less. I remember living in Souhern California and Disney land used to provide discounts to those in Southern California as well as a Magic Mountain theme park. Even beaches that charged entry fees were either discounted or free for locals and schools have higher non-resident fees and prices. But despite this, if you are worried about 200 baht then probably not wise to waste your money on a place like this. On the other hand if this would be fun and exiting place to take yourself or kids then you're only doing a disservice to yourself. At least kid prices seem to be the same across the board.

BS to the extreme, a Thai worth billions can get in dirt cheap but a family on a 2 week holiday have to pay the foreigners price. SICK

Your attitude stinks to high heaven, just disgusting --it IS a big deal and needs to stop, if you want tourists so bad. The locals are paying the going price, the foreigners are being fleeced. GET IT.

Spending 50,000 bht on an air ticket to pay the lower prices is a bonus, do not forget they got you here, why rob them after they arrive.

I'm having a senior moment, I agree with you!

• Like 1

Carry on......

Ask the Thais then about the April water festival.

Keep having these senior momentsthumbsup.gif

Even with the double pricing, it's nice to see kids enjoying playing on ice.

Suggest: a small ice wall, perhaps 3 Meters high, with crampons and safety rope/harnesses available. How many Thais will ever get an opportunity to do a bit of ice climbing? Maybe 7.

Price depends on your skin colour

SICKENING

Are you just trying to get your panties in a bunch for no reason? 60% of the people in the world are Asian (over 4 Billion non-thai Asians) and most foreign visitors to Thailand are Asian. Not to mention that foreign whites, blacks, Indians and Asian all get the local price.

If you want to be upset about locals getting a better price great but please don't pretend it is about skin color.

Sensirtive Khun John?? ......................throwing your toys out of your Pram Khun John??..........you sound very Thai Khun John!!........................but youre right of course - dont make it about skin colour......otherwise well get the Thai Police to DNA test you!...................and we know what false accusations and corrupt cases THAT leads to!!

• Like 1

Imagine the business opportunity in waiting : open a cheesy indoor attraction with nothing to do at all with the country it is located in and charge the same price for everyone - sounds like a recipe for success - people will flock to it out of boredom and may return more than once.

or do the same and charge more for tourists - people will flock to it out of boredom and may return more than once...depending on their IQ. I guess in putting together the business plan they assumed a lot of stupid people out there with nothing to do but give away money for nothing and chicks 4 / 3?

Looks fun - and the fact that it costs a few quid more for foreigners means it won't be full of whiny cheapskate expats.

Definitely worth a visit.

ALL people on holiday here are welcome without 3 tiered pricing----your snobbish attitude is uncalled for---as all tourists spend money here whether they are in 5 star or guest house.

To be honest, those complaining hardly seem the type to go and do something fun anyway.

Do you call fun---paying 60,000 baht with Thai international or 45,000 baht with Emirates. ???? OR ?? Do you call fun spending 100 baht a kilo at TOPS for chicken legs or go to Tesco and pay 60 baht. ??

We here and Holiday makers are not cheap jacks because we object to paying more than the going price.

• Like 1

in their eyes, we look like atm machine

I love this as it is fact. It does NOT cover ALL Thais but it is the general picture. With less of this attitude Thailand could pull in vast more tourists, using regional airports more than Swampy they put their money on.

Clean up this place, educate Thais to care more for others, and your on your way Thailand.

• Like 2

And all this is happening during your darling PM's reign!!

But no doubt started during the Thaksin era..................whistling.gif

in their eyes, we look like atm machine

I love this as it is fact. It does NOT cover ALL Thais but it is the general picture. With less of this attitude Thailand could pull in vast more tourists, using regional airports more than Swampy they put their money on.

Clean up this place, educate Thais to care more for others, and your on your way Thailand.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but tourism is a business. The locals want your money, wherever you go.

• Like 2

Imagine the business opportunity in waiting : open a cheesy indoor attraction with nothing to do at all with the country it is located in and charge the same price for everyone - sounds like a recipe for success - people will flock to it out of boredom and may return more than once.

or do the same and charge more for tourists - people will flock to it out of boredom and may return more than once...depending on their IQ. I guess in putting together the business plan they assumed a lot of stupid people out there with nothing to do but give away money for nothing and chicks 4 / 3?

"I guess in putting together the business plan they assumed a lot of stupid people out there with nothing to do but give away money for nothing and chicks 4 / 3?"

With that kind of business plan they'll be in dire straits within a year.

• Like 2

"Tickets are priced at Bt250 for children, Bt350 for adults and Bt550 for foreigners."

Hmm, I wonder if they make icicles at this place?

If they do I have a suggestion as to where to place them along with their prejudices, double pricing and idiotic attitudes.

How is double pricing expected to win back the tourist revenues?

• Like 1

Carry on......

It's nothing to do with money.

It's to to do with discrimination based on nationality.

As for consuming resources, how much power is this ice attraction using? Is it the best use of power and resources? I'm betting it's carbon footprint is a fairly hefty one.

• Like 1

Well said. Big deal. Foreigners working in Thailand also often get at least double what their Thai colleagues earn, although if you work here you get Thai price anyway.

Tourists generally have way more money than locals so it's fair that they should pay full price. Nothing to do with racism.

Go on!! Give your children a great day out and show them that there is life in the cold. And take pics of them all Michelin man wrapped up!!

Living in the bestest country in the world, i should know, It is 4 degrees at the moment. Going to be a scorcher tomorrow afternoon at 10 degrees!!

And i love it. The seasonal changes are great. I would hate to live in the cold all year round and also would hate to live tropical all year round.

But must admit celebrating St Paddy's Day on Samui was great. Shorts and T shirt instead of a three sweaters and a winter jacket and scarf.

And you won't see airborne Ping Pong balls out in the cold either......w00t.gif

Judging from the initial response on here it seems that their pricing policy is having it's desired effect. If it were my place I wouldn't want it full of whinging cheapskates either, neither would I as a visitor. Good luck to them.

• Like 1

Judging from the initial response on here it seems that their pricing policy is having it's desired effect. If it were my place I wouldn't want it full of whinging cheapskates either, neither would I as a visitor. Good luck to them.

Nothing to do with it being expensive or not.

Everything to do with discriminatory pricing practices.

The Cali analogy has zero to do with this situation .. We pay state employment tax, property tax and school tax. Not relavence to this situation. In Chiang Mai last year, our classic car club took 50 orphans for a Sunday out to the " place with animals". All enter for free except...... You guessed it, the farangs who drove the orphans and spent there generous time and energy to give those kids a nice day out. Completly ruined by these unmentionable folks in charge of the........ Dispicable!

• Like 1