Top things Thai people don't like about Farang

That they're a bunch of bigoted inadequates who'll turn any online discussion into an excuse to insult and belittle the Thai people?

Wise up "Mr apologist", this thread is about farangs. Look how many farang bashing repyls from the Thai apologists, trying to belittle and insult farangs.

• Like 1

I rather concentrate on what Thais like.

Their own language spoken by a foreigner. Generous tips. Chatting. Being introduced to other Farang. Hiring them to work on a faring house. Seeing Farang attending the temple and giving rice to the monks. Seeing you participating in daily activities. Seeing you enjoying Thai food. Sharing an occasional beer. Seeing you abstaining from alcohol 90% of the time. Seeing you respecting their cultural practises like fae kimah , spirit dance, blessing a new house or an old house. Seeing you at Thai funerals with full participation. Seeing you at thai holidays with you participating. Being kind to their children by giving them money or a kanom. If you do all these things and more, Thai people will not be offended by your little indiscretions.

Well done Greg. Now there's a bit of good ol' commonsense - very unusual for this site

• Like 2

That they're a bunch of bigoted inadequates who'll turn any online discussion into an excuse to insult and belittle the Thai people?

Wise up "Mr apologist", this thread is about farangs. Look how many farang bashing repyls from the Thai apologists, trying to belittle and insult farangs.

What am I apologising for?

...not evening mentioning "sizes".

In Asia, sexual prowess has always been the ultimate test of a man. I imagine that their imagination gets the best of them. My gals oldest sister (55) and her niece (45) and cousin (45), were all peeping in my window, the first time I slept overnight. They wanted to see if "it" was true...

no kidding!!! Lucky the (will not mention specific race or color) "other" Americans are not keen on visiting Thailand.

I would say our reputation for larger "*****" is what really torques off Thai males.

The window lurkers were giggling, and turned out....I did not really measure up to the theory.

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Haha 1

It depends on what type of farang. Farang kee nok or farang work in office or posh farang.

Base on Nationalities also. For example American talk too much. Over act , show off, too independent... (a bit crazy)

British too proud of acents even from Liverpool, Manchester or New castle and i never understood scottish.

French just pretend to be elegant but actually quite rude (resist)

Australian too thrifty, never gave any tips to servicers. (If Thais know this customers from Australia they dont wanna give good service)

Just what we think.

Best regards,

This is a really good answer , me being a Brit I would agree as a lot of the northern people do seem to be proud of their accents , but me I could not care less I'm English and my accents is the last thing I'm proud of, I'm more proud my country for how we look after every one that comes and make them equal in the work place no matter what country your from , give them free homes and give them British passports when we marry them, if only every country was like this we could all live where we wanted and Truly be happy and I would have to keep leaving my finance every few months as I love Thailand and love a lot of my Thai friends I've made over here the last few years . But I do agree with you and has made me smile Edited by happydude303

If she maintains that posture you know what they say about rats and drainpipes cheesy.gif

And rats are well known for breeding

Maybe Khun Roland is past his (or her) best years for that particular activity ... w00t.gif

Rug Rats ... I've got 2 ... he is welcome to borrow them anytime!

I was wondering when it would get to that point with you and the twins. It gets worse before it gets better or maybe you get used to it, it was long ago for me,just keep rolling that rock forward.

• Like 1

Farangs "think too much and talk too much". I tell my wife I don't want to stop talking because I fear if I do... she might start up.

A stand-up comedian came up with a similar sentiment:

"I haven't spoken to my wife in 18 months. I don't like to interrupt her."

This is a very good joke. I like it. it sounds so true..

• Like 1

It depends on what type of farang. Farang kee nok or farang work in office or posh farang.

Base on Nationalities also. For example American talk too much. Over act , show off, too independent... (a bit crazy)

British too proud of acents even from Liverpool, Manchester or New castle and i never understood scottish.

French just pretend to be elegant but actually quite rude (resist)

Australian too thrifty, never gave any tips to servicers. (If Thais know this customers from Australia they dont wanna give good service)

Just what we think.

Best regards,

Of your complaints about American, only the "too independent" could apply to me. I live in a a nice house, in a sugar cane field far away from any village and survive very well even without my wife for months on end.

Is this what you mean?

I'm here for the convenient infrastructure, fair weather, lower costs, and easy visas.

Thai culture actually doesn't agree with me so much and I lost interest in it long ago.

Of course I went through a "honeymoon" period which was mostly BEFORE I actually moved here. All downhill from there.

My personality is not a match with Thai culture.

Should I leave? Perhaps, but I've been so comfortable here that I just don't feel that my lack of interest in Thai culture is really a problem.

Of course it would be a problem if I lived in the sticks, but I don't, and I wouldn't.

Some things I like ... the food, of course, but it's hardly my favorite type in the world.

Am I "bad farang" that Thais wouldn't like for not loving their culture very much.

Most likely.

Do I care?

Not in the slightest.

My interest in assimilating into "Thainess" is basically non-existent.

I don't admire "farangs" who have gone native.

I think they're ridiculous.

Cheers!coffee1.gif

I admire the honesty ... thumbsup.gif

There isn't enough of that on the Forum.

Too much crudeness, too much arguing ... not enough honesty.

JT ... I don't agree, but I like your post.

I'm here for the convenient infrastructure, fair weather, lower costs, and easy visas.

Thai culture actually doesn't agree with me so much and I lost interest in it long ago.

Of course I went through a "honeymoon" period which was mostly BEFORE I actually moved here. All downhill from there.

Should I leave? Perhaps, but I've been so comfortable here that I just don't feel that my lack of interest in Thai culture is really a problem.

Of course it would be a problem if I lived in the sticks, but I don't, and I wouldn't.

Some things I like ... the food, of course, but it's hardly my favorite type in the world.

Am I "bad farang" that Thais wouldn't like for not loving their culture very much.

Most likely.

Do I care?

Not in the slightest.

Cheers!coffee1.gif

Was there an on topic part that I missed? Where is the part where he says what "Thai people don't like about Farangs?" I think it is the post of an egocentric person who says nothing about other people and only talks about what he likes and does not like about Thailand which as far as I can see has nothing to do with the topic.

Edited by thailiketoo

"Top things Thai people don't like about Farang"

For every "probrem" that cmcmangoman has EVER had in Thailand in 10 years time stems from one thing and one thing only. THAI JEALOUSY. If one was to really stop and analyze Thailands people and culture, one would find that most problems start with the trifecta of trouble. That is, jealousy, greed and selfishness. From these three things come all other actions, attitudes, and re-actions. These are the foundational root in fact, of ALL problems in the entire world. Not just Thailand. But for this post lets just focus on Thai specifics.

#1) Thais are jealous of my precieved monied lifestyle.

#2) Thais believe I must have inherited my money from a "litch" family back in falangland and this creates jealousy in them.

#3) Thais envy my formal education in engineering, my breadth of knowledge and my traveled world perspective on the rare occasion I actually give it.

#4) Finally,but not exhaustive by any means, Thai people are blatantly jealous of my Thai wife who must of somehow done SOMETHING to have fooled this obviously "supa litch" falang into marrying her and by extension made her "soooo litch"!!!

Say what you want gentlemen but I speak the truth and deep down we all know what I write here is truth. It's absolute human nature. No one is exempt, just forgiven. So be hard to offend and easy to forgive and enjoy what's left over. Best advice.

not sure what youre doing top provoke that but thankfully its never happened to me , my wife or my friends.

Jealousy does not require provocation of any sort. It starts within the heart and is self perpetuating. Have you never been the victim of undeserved jealousy and envy? Use your head man. Think!

Whatyou speak of has happened to me in other countries but not Thailand. Maybe it depend on the people you surround yourself with.

Thais think:

1.Farangs love to much sex

2.Farangs stink

3.Farangs like confrontation

4.Farangs talk too much

5.Farangs don't like gossiping

6.Farangs are too intimidating

7.Farangs can not understand Thainess

8.Farangs don't know how to dress?

9. Farangs are heavy drinkers

All of those points can apply to anyone.

The on topic part about my post was about Thai dislike for expats like me who just aren't that much into their culture and also just don't care what Thais might think about that. Kind of like Brits maybe not liking the Pakistanis who aren't interested in culturally assimilating. Though they are real immigrants. Most foreigners living in Thailand are not real immigrants. Though Thailiketoo happy to give you another chance to insult me as I wouldn't want to deprive you of the pleasure you clearly get from that. It costs me nothing. Enjoy!

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Oddly enough I don't regularly expose myself to Thai people.

I'm aware that puts me in a minority here.

Actually, you may be the only one........tongue.png

I don't think so. You sexpats just like to think that everyone here is like you. I guess it makes you feel better about what you do.

DONT LIKE?

Things are Thais dont like about Farang. The comment that I post earlier its about my social Thai friends but actually we need to be separated with the class of Thai people.

Labor and people who selling food on the street they might dont like farang when farang asking too much questions as they can not communicated in english. But thai understand when farang do negociate or asking for discout that probable made them mad...

Office worker. They dont like farang to take their job and too much taking over them. Too much compared even farang did wrong but the boss wouldnt give the words for farang but if same thing happen to thai they might get sack. Sometimes make them look silly.

People who work in services. Dont like farang because too fussy, complain, Just want best of the best. They thought they are god.

For rich people. They dont like farang just because too nosey difficult to take an advantage. And They dont like the most is Farang khee nok.

For another like stinky or too much drinking etc...That was just annoying. Doesnt mean unlike.

Just for what i see most. Dont take it serious :-)

Very difficult for a thai to get fired in Thailand. They look silly because a lot of the time they behave that way.

OB

Most Farangs are taught to think for them selves and question things that seem not right.

The Thai is force fed from infancy to respect and obey the ones above them.

So when a minor clerk in an Ampor office tells them to wait while she plays computer games in office time they will.

Until they pay the 100 bt keep working fee.

Farangs will ask what is the hold up as no one seems to be doing anything they are being employed to do.

TIP.

Always say thank you, one day they will learn manners.

Most Farangs are taught to think for them selves and question things that seem not right.

The Thai is force fed from infancy to respect and obey the ones above them.

So when a minor clerk in an Ampor office tells them to wait while she plays computer games in office time they will.

Until they pay the 100 bt keep working fee.

Farangs will ask what is the hold up as no one seems to be doing anything they are being employed to do.

TIP.

Always say thank you, one day they will learn manners.

So, what is it Thai people don't like about Farang in your post?

Our simply existing seems to be enough to set some off.

"Way too many nasty old farangs in Thailand. They need to leave the women alone. Go home."

I assume the poster has yet to set foot in the land of smiles. It's like "They let you chase them until they catch you".

• Like 1

Most likely.

Do I care?

Not in the slightest.

Cheers!coffee1.gif

Was there an on topic part that I missed? Where is the part where he says what "Thai people don't like about Farangs?" I think it is the post of an egocentric person who says nothing about other people and only talks about what he likes and does not like about Thailand which as far as I can see has nothing to do with the topic.

I think his point was that what Thais like is irrelevant to him - a resounding endorsement of the tolerance of his host nation - or at least his host town.

SC

Most likely.

Do I care?

Not in the slightest.

Cheers!coffee1.gif

I think his point was that what Thais like is irrelevant to him - a resounding endorsement of the tolerance of his host nation - or at least his host town.

SC