National police chief warns against distorted information on Koh Tao murder

Lite Beer

who are the 3 people on the motorbike supposed to be - none of them match the person in the cctv footage on the right, different shirt (shorter slieves) and different coloured shorts, the hair doesn't seem to match either - the mind boggles

I fear with your post you already jumped the cue on the list of arrest warrants issued for having a different opinion than those guys who call themselves cops.

it was an observation not a criticism - there is a big difference

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did what people asked and volunteered for a test taken publicly and run in 4 different labs.

Wrong.

People asked for tests conducted independently, i.e. not a Thai predetermined circus event.

Do I really need to find all the posts asking for a test?

Nationally and Internationally Accredited. IDENTIGENE is one of the most highly accredited and recommended DNA Paternity Test labs in the world

They claim it takes 2 business days from the time that all samples arrive at the laboratory

RTP have the technology to do it in less than 24hrs but previously didn't have the technology to determine sex or racewhistling.gif

This is surely not a problem.

They purchased DNA-Identity-Check upgrade for the GT-200's.

He did what people asked and volunteered for a test taken publicly and run in 4 different labs.

Wrong.

People asked for tests conducted independently, i.e. not a Thai predetermined circus event.

Do I really need to find all the posts asking for a test?

Ok... Considering they are doing requests now... Let them do the same test, without daddy being present, without the media hustle like Man Utd had just signed Messi and without the sneering of the police chief...

Just with the little runt, Scotland Yard and a DNA kit... and let a reliable and unbiased police force obtain some info...

The solution to prove his innocence is so easy... let the UK investigators take his DNA sample and conduct their own test. If it comes back as negative then there will be no doubts. Of course they can continue attempting to save face (or as some suspect covering up a crime) in which regardless if the tests come back as negative few, if any, will believe it.

If it was my son I would insist that the British investigators did the test so as to finally lay this to rest and exonerate him. If you have nothing to hide and truly believe in his innocence then this is the only sensible course of action.

Your supposition is wrong. People would still harass him, claiming some other issues.

By the police hospital. So the police are investigating themselves.

Is there a conflict there i wonder?

The police are investigating a murder. The tests are being done by more than 1 lab

Nationally and Internationally Accredited. IDENTIGENE is one of the most highly accredited and recommended DNA Paternity Test labs in the world

They claim it takes 2 business days from the time that all samples arrive at the laboratory

RTP have the technology to do it in less than 24hrs but previously didn't have the technology to determine sex or racewhistling.gif

This is surely not a problem.

They purchased DNA-Identity-Check upgrade for the GT-200s

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Any intelligent person knows the best predictor of future behavior is past

behavior. Thus any person who studies the police involvement in the

Blue Diamond affair, will quickly realize the the veracity of the outcome

of a major case with money and power involved is nearly bound to

less than a joke... But as long term expats have seen time and time

again, in a high profile case, there will be an " investigation" by the

Thai police, a completely insane conclusion will be reached, Thai Visa

posters will up in arms , and then time takes over and the whole thing

does the gentle Thai fade away.

Still cannot figure out how the head of a tiny village and a bar owner

could exert such influence. Must be a powerful connection, as no one

is talking about it.....

• Like 1

One more point

Where were the British Police currently "Observing" this investigation yesterday when Mr Nomsod was having his test?

Where they in attendance?.....NO

Where they invited?

Why were they not there.

If I was Mr Nomsods father I would insist the British Police were in attendance and I would publicly ask them if they were happy with his son's test procedure.

The absence and silence of the British Police Officers spoke a 1000 words.

[/quote

Maybe the UP police didn't attend the DNA show yesterday, because they felt that if they did it would be percieved as offering some form of credibility to the proceedings.

I have 2 questions, please:-

1) Have the British police 'observers' gone back to UK yet?

2) If they have, or when they do get back, presumably they will at least comment on their findings? I, for one, am looking forward to their comments/conclusions!!

• Like 1

is talking about it.....

The Kamnan/Headman is a person of great influence through his (Dem) political connections on the islands and mainland. It has been suggested that these connections go to the very top in the Thai political elite structure. Edited by joebrown
  • Like 1

We will protect and serve ( according to our own philosophy, rules and regulations.

Anyone who disagrees will be prosecuted and go to the monkey house for 5 years.

Everybody happy with our methods??

Good, lets move on.

Money doe not purchase intellect, tact or common sense.

slightly off topic, but most of this is predictable considering the system that the police operate under, which is that the majority of their incomes has to come from tea money and fines. helping people and enforcing the laws may be a nice side effect on occasion but it doesnt pay for the food and rent (and lamborghinis) so basically they will always be taking the highest offer, as most people that live in Thailand have experienced, and thats not going to ever change under the current system

If, as stated, there is the possibility that some posters are open to prosecution under the computer crime act,why is TV still publishing the comments? Surely it could be construed that if there is a breach of the law, TV could be seen as complicit,by allowing the post to be made? Wasn't there a recent case where the Web Master was prosecuted for allowing statements supposedly against the law?

• Like 1

is talking about it.....

The Kamnan/Headman is a person of great influence through his (Dem) political connections on the islands and mainland. It has been suggested that these connections go to the very top in the Thai political elite structure.

Aye, Koh Tao seems to attract huge crowds so a LOT of money must transit there.

Add to that the reports about previous killings due to business competition, they must have properly cornered the market; so the millions transiting there are "properly" shared: huge interests who need high protection.

Add to that, Koh Samui and Koh Pangan business interests (all 3 Islands are linked in probably many ways) and the business connections cover the three biggest money making islands in the south eastern part of Thailand...

BIG Fishes swimming in that sea me think...

All the above is purely hypothetical though whistling.gif

The spin doctors are out in force, attempting to head off the backlash that will inevitably happen when the Burmese guys are found guilty.

It's all so disgusting and reprehensible. A real affront to the notion of fairness and justice.

Even if you are right, which I don't think you are, it doesn't give the chief of police the right, to tell us to shut up!!

Your post were accepted here, where most posters disagree with you!! It is called the freedom of speech!!

You didn't read the post you replied to, did you?

and constuctive criticism is helpful, but sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!
  • Like 2

is talking about it.....

The Kamnan/Headman is a person of great influence through his (Dem) political connections on the islands and mainland. It has been suggested that these connections go to the very top in the Thai political elite structure.

Add to that the reports about previous killings due to business competition, they must have properly cornered the market; so the millions transiting there are "properly" shared: huge interests who need high protection.

Add to that, Koh Samui and Koh Pangan business interests (all 3 Islands are linked in probably many ways) and the business connections cover the three biggest money making islands in the south eastern part of Thailand...

All the above is purely hypothetical though whistling.gif

I lived in Samui in 1999, and while there I had a Thai friend who in fact grew up on Samui, and knew everything about the island. He told me that at some point in the past, the Bangkok mafia came down to Samui to " organize" it. The Samui mafia sent a bunch of them back as corpses, so Samui remained firmly under local control. And if you lived in Samui and had a business, you certainly toed the line. I suspect the same for Koh Tao...So yeah, there must be a lot of money at stake...

How many honest Police does Thailand really have when you see headlines like this it makes makes many people concered abou how corrupt is Thai Police If Thailand had reputation for being an honest police force not to many people would be asking question

Trust is the problem

CHEATING
Police entrance exam cancelled over scandal
PRASIT TANGPRASERT,

SI SA KET: -- Provincial Police Region 3 chief Pol Lt-General Panu Kerdlarppol said yesterday that officials were possibly behind the leakage of police entrance examination papers after a scam was recently uncovered in which civilians wishing to get into a police constabulary school in Si Sa Ket were caught cheating.

He said a large network, based in the vicinity of Bangkok's Ramkhamhaeng University, was behind this case and that some police officials might be involved. Priewpan added that this gang had made a lot of money from this scam and that police would gather evidence to punish wrongdoers.

A source from the police investigation team said the network covered the entire nation and might have had something to do with such cases in other provinces, after five suspects testified that the network had been operating for a long time and had leaked exam papers at other state agencies. An investigation found that the ringleader bought a master copy of examination papers at Bt3 million per set for a few hours before copies were printed hours before the examination.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/562225-thai-police-entrance-exam-cancelled-over-cheating-scandal/

Edited by StealthEnergiser

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

is talking about it.....

All the above is purely hypothetical though alt=whistling.gif>

I lived in Samui in 1999, and while there I had a Thai friend who in fact grew up on Samui, and knew everything about the island. He told me that at some point in the past, the Bangkok mafia came down to Samui to " organize" it. The Samui mafia sent a bunch of them back as corpses, so Samui remained firmly under local control. And if you lived in Samui and had a business, you certainly toed the line. I suspect the same for Koh Tao...So yeah, there must be a lot of money at stake...

Too true. I lived on Samui in 2006 for 4 years. Built a house there and my daughter was born there. I can remember one instance.It was children's day and I was invited to the home of the "God Father" It was like something out of a movie. His home made from teak wood must have cost a fortune.I remember all the wives had to have their own space and were not allowed to the meetings. It was a family affair and all the males,who were family would sit and discuss, in thai, the days business and how many offers they had made that couldn't be refused. The green Mango club was always a topic. Frightening place. Anyone wanting to do business had to get their permission and if the business was doing well they would "ask" for a piece of the action. I decided to move off the Island when the Russians started to arrive.

I suspect we are seeing this from an expat view, I may be wrong but I presume he made the announcement in Thai and it was aimed mainly at Thais, I would also presume that TV is pretty small fish compared to whats going on in Thai forums etc. CSILA, as an example, is mostly all in Thai for a Thai audience. Most Thais including police wouldnt even know TV exists, and even if they did wouldnt be able to read it..

Edited by slygeeza

"Pol Gen Somyot, however, made clear that the DNA test on the son would have no impact on the police case file which has been finished with all circumstantial and forensic evidence submitted to the prosecutor for indictment of the two Myanmar suspects."

What? Not even if it's a match?

It cannot be a match when it has already been matched to the suspects in custody. It is an impossibility he could also match unless he is an identical twin of one of the Burmese in custody for the crimes.

It would be like looking outside for you car when you already confirmed it was in the garage. Of course this is being done to try to help the silly and ignorant claims by conspiracy theorist but to do so one needs to do stupid things like perform a test for which the answer is already answered before realizing the conspiracy nuts will never stop and just get more outlandish and silly in their theories.

You seem to have forgotten the 3rd DNA sample that was found on Hannah's nipple...

Yea what happened to that , the knife used on David , Dna on the hoe, condom, apparent messup with the phones, cctv footage etc etc.

JtJ, you, obviously have an interest in how the island is going to be perceived now and in the future, the majority of posters here are looking for justice, no matter were the horrific crime had taken place, wind it in mate. Over three hundred thousand thai's on Csi are conspiracy nutters, come on .

Is that all Thais? Is that a significant percentage of Thais? Or is that far less than 1%? Before subtraction of foreigners and people that viewed it once and clicked 'like'?