Spanish Con Man Caught In Thailand

Lite Beer

002.jpg

Immigration police made a statement about the arrest of a Spanish criminal fled to Thailand. He conned 5,000 people out of 500 Euros each.

BANGKOK – October 30, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 14.30 pm Pol.Lt.Gen.Sakda Chuenpakdee-acting commander of immigration- was accompanied with Pol.Maj.Gen.Warawut Thaweechaikarn-superintendent inspector of immigration-, Pol.Col.Chengron Rimdee-superintendent of immigration office- and Pol.Lt.Col.Suppachai Poldet-deputy superintendent- who together made a statement about the arrest of Mr.LuisBatlleVilaseca aged 54 from Spain with his fake Mexico passport.

The officers arrested him in Suvannabhumi airport on 29th of October.

Pol.Col.Chengron said that Thai police were notified by Spanish police officers to arrest Mr.LuisBatlle who traveled to Thailand without permission.

Therefore the police officers inspected Mr. Luis Manuel Batlle Costa who had a name like the suspect.

Read More: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/spanish-con-man-caught-thailand/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-11-01

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny though, how they always seem to gravitate towards Pattaya or Phuket. Must be the entertainment factor?

Bienvenida senor Luis..

Adios more like, he'll be on a flight back soon.

Shame they can't catch the 2 to 12 THAI conmen we are all continually reading about in the main headlines. :(

• Like 2

... 2 million Thai con men still on the lose.

yeah.... I am wondering how Thaksin made it out and has been flying around meeting his buddies in Hongkong, Laos, Cambodia....by the way these buddies are high official police men....Cannot catch this wanted man....

Perhaps he has had plastic surgery or the the police officers need new spectacles......

Anyway well done for catching a farang.... does cover up for all the others let through and out by the back door.

• Like 1

Must be a slow day at the BIB head office that police generals are photo opp with a petty criminal....

These criminals need to be exposed for what they are, I'm quite certain if you were one of the 5,000 people who he robbed you would not be so nonchalant about it unless you're so rich that 500 Euros is just peanuts to you and you can afford to lose or throw away money every day.

Edited by edg
  • Like 1

No real sleuth work on the part of the Thai authorities, just answered the telephone and popped him when his flight landed.

Really. I mean, I don't know why they even bother, with all the keyboard sleuths hard at work here.

As a fellow journo friend of mine is fond of saying, if you think the RTP are a pack of incompetent fools, just commit a serious crime here and see how long it takes for them to come knocking. You might just be surprised.

Once again a very rare but true fact containing post.

Thank you.

Must be a slow day at the BIB head office that police generals are photo opp with a petty criminal....

They can't win with people like you can they - if guys like this go around ripping people off unchecked you'll whinge the police are doing nothing - when they catch them you whinge they've got nothing better to do !!

Agreed...TITV.

There is much to legitimately find fault with here in Thailand, but the criticism on this forum is often mindless.

The cop on the right hand side could do with some regular foot patrols.....but no-where near a Dunkin Donuts!

I've found that people who judge the appearance of others are often lacking in their own being. Prejudice, of whatever veil, is still ugly.